I recently bought my new PC parts through Vedant + Amazon
GPU: Gigabyte Windforce OC RTX 4070 12GB
CPU: AMD Ryzen 7600x
CPU Cooler: Deepcool AK400 ZERO DARK Plus
MB: MSI Pro B650M-P
RAM: G.skill Flare x5 6000mhz 16x2
Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow
PSU: Cooler Master 750 MWE V2 80+ Gold
My CPU looks like this after not booting up or POSTing at all after 1 day.
I've requested replacement for the motherboard at first but later also returned the CPU for checking. Now vedant is saying they checked and motherboard is faulty and CPU is fine. I'm not sure if the CPU really is fine since it looked like that before sending them back. Basically theres weird white spotty area on the bottom right of CPU only visible in certain reflective angle.
I've never seen a burnt AM5 chip except the ones that blew up and made news. Is this dead?

Attachments

• VideoCapture_20231109-210758.jpg
    VideoCapture_20231109-210758.jpg
    173.6 KB · Views: 96
  • VideoCapture_20231109-180112.jpg
    VideoCapture_20231109-180112.jpg
    168.2 KB · Views: 101
If it smells it’s burnt , happy Diwali otherwise it’s not
Sure didn't smell burnt when it stopped booting at all. I couldn't test with a different MB since it was my first AM5 build. I guess for now I'll have to agree with what they say and replace/get some other MB and get back the same CPU. If It turns out CPU is the problem I'll just do AMD RMA perhaps.

The mark looks like excess thermal paste and should be fine as far as its working. And if they are saying cpu is fine its only by some test.

Last edited:
open your MOBo manual and check the Boot code LED position . power on the board and check where the light gets stuck

View attachment 182572

JAAAGO GRAHAK JAAGO
Without CPU the CPU RED and RAM AMBER lit up and I assume it's the normal reaction to having none of them connected. For clarification I took this on November 2nd that's when return pickup was done, under the assumption CPU Socket or CPU itself was faulty.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20231110_035413_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20231110_035413_Gallery.jpg
    255.1 KB · Views: 65
The mark looks like excess thermal paste and should be fine as far as its working. And if they are saying cpu is fine its only by some test.
Alright, I'll keep the post updated when I get the new MB and the same CPU. Hopefully problem solved, if not I'll just have to RMA I guess.

Alright, I'll keep the post updated when I get the new MB and the same CPU. Hopefully problem solved, if not I'll just have to RMA I guess.
A friend learned it the hard way that sometimes even an improper/not tightly fitted cpu cooler can also cause symptoms similar to a faulty mobo/processor so next time get that screwdriver & check if you can further complete a half turn(or more) of any of the 4 screws of cpu cooler because if you can then your cpu cooler was never fitted properly in the first place.

A friend learned it the hard way that sometimes even an improper/not tightly fitted cpu cooler can also cause symptoms similar to a faulty mobo/processor so next time get that screwdriver & check if you can further complete a half turn(or more) of any of the 4 screws of cpu cooler because if you can then your cpu cooler was never fitted properly in the first place.
Got my replacement MB a few hours ago (Gigabyte B650 Aorus Pro AX) and Vedant returned my CPU after testing apparently. only the MB was problematic. now i can use EXPO, PBO, Low latency high memory bandwidth options and still get faster boot times with no signs of stability issues for the time being.
The same CPU that was returned back to me didn't have that type of white wash on those contacts anymore tho
Conclusion: CPU was in fact not dead or burnt. it was fine and only the Motherboard was faulty.

Back