Audio Want 2 buy good Headphones ???

Plz suggest me a good headphone that has gr8 sound quality, is really reliable and recommended brand....my budget is 2000 max....not a penny more..

the last headphones i bought didn't last long as they ran into internal wiring problems and sometimes ended up having a scenario where only one of the sides use to work....and also they were tight...and because of this my ear muscles use to pain a lot....so plz keep these things in mind...

Philips SHP 2700 - ~1.5k.

Sony MDR-XD300 - ~1.5k.

Philips SHP-8900 - ~2.5k (Could be lower; check!!). :)

EDIT: Some've suggested the Senn HD202; those're good alrighty but takes a LOT of time to burn-in and sound good. You may not have so much of patience though. ;)

sony mdr-XD300 or sennheiser hd 202 is the way to go... dunno bout the philips ones as i havent tried them....

try and get the sennheiser hd465 in US (from some chap from coming backfrom U.S)

Get Koss porta pro....I have one....and they sound really good....though a little boomy, designed for genex....Best part of it : comes with a life time warranty.....

But yes again its available in US...check with amazon...I got it for $40....

Sennheiser low ends are real crap.....trust me!....

Get the Sennheiser HD202 if you want to listen to music at its best.

Sony MDR-XD300 is good for gaming giving a lot of bass >>Made for Bass Lovers<<

Philips SHP 2700 - ~1.5k is good for watching movies and is somewhat more comfortable than the above. Build quality not as good as above though.

Go and try them out yourself.

ok ...thanks for the suggestions guys........now out the list you have suggested can u suggest which one shud i go for????/ Philips or Sony or Sennheiser models? i m from Mulund...so can anybody suggest me the nearest shop to buy from? Even Thane will do.....

thank you all

I personally use Philips SHP2700 and they sound good. Honestly i have not heard HD202 or XDR300 so can't comment on their quality.

Buy from Philips Arena.

ok....one thing i observed in these headphones..........there was NO MIC....i need a MIC as well as i will be speaking to my relatives from thru Skype....so suggest headphones with MIC as well....

greenhorn said:
buy a seperate mic :p

most good headphones are stand alone

sheesh yaar....thats not good.........:( :S...i have heard of Koss headphones....even tried them when i gave my TOEFL exam....Koss felt good when i used at that moment...any opinions on Koss??????????/

uhm. I'm pretty sure there was no critical listening involved in TOEFL, i mean, in terms of sound quality :p

usually for any given budget , one good pair of headphones + cheap seperate mic will be better than a multimedia headset

lol good joke there....i didn't c anything laugh anyway :S ....ok..lets say i buy one of the above headphones....which mic shud i go for?

and plz suggest me good head phones from the above shortlisted headphones....

anything, buy the cheapest iball/chinese desktop mic. it will die in a few months anyway. at least this way it wont end up making your headphones semi useless

so which one shud i select from the below list?

Sony MDR-XD300 - ~1.5k.

Philips SHP-8900 - ~2.5k

is there any model that stands above the rest?

Balkazzaar said:
so which one shud i select from the below list?

Sony MDR-XD300 - ~1.5k.

Philips SHP-8900 - ~2.5k

is there any model that stands above the rest?

on the same boat but does anyone know if they have a detachable cable,since what good is a expensive headphone once the cable is screwed,i have many headphones that are lying around thanks to the cable fault.

greenhorn said:
buy an extension cable for the phone instead :D

well i didnt quite get this "extension cable for the phone instead "?
BTW i am going to use primarly for music ,while movies and games as secondery since i already have a gigaworks for those two puposes.can spend about 3k.i can also get via US.

Back