Want an upgrade from A540

Then get a D40 for 18k with the 18-55mm kit lens. It will have much better IQ and manual controls over the A540. IQ wise, no P&S camera will be 'much' better than the A540 since they have all similarly sized sensors.

verma said:
You got it perfectly dear :hap2:

What is the starting range of such cam and which will be that lowest model?

And I'm trying to say the next best,cheapest option(sx110is) is at 16k which is not exactly cheap ! or is it? :(

BF1983 said:
Then get a D40 for 18k with the 18-55mm kit lens. It will have much better IQ and manual controls over the A540. IQ wise, no P&S camera will be 'much' better than the A540 since they have all similarly sized sensors.

Exactly !

thetoxicmind said:
And I'm trying to say the next best, cheapest option(sx110is) is at 16k which is not exactly cheap ! or is it? :(

err.. you are not getting me, I asked cheapest of the lot, which may be very costly actually.

As you said next best, cheapest option (sx110is) is at 16k which is not exactly cheap. :(

Right now don't have enough mullah to buy a DSLR even, coz buying a graphics card.

So I think I'll keep the A540, and buy a set of good battery and charger and a 4/8GB SD card.
BTW (for all the guys) If you were me and wanted to upgrade from A540, what'd have been your option? :D

verma said:
err.. you are not getting me, I asked cheapest of the lot, which may be very costly actually.

As you said next best, cheapest option (sx110is) is at 16k which is not exactly cheap. :(

Right now don't have enough mullah to buy a DSLR even, coz buying a graphics card.

So I think I'll keep the A540, and buy a set of good battery and charger and a 4/8GB SD card.

BTW (for all the guys) If you were me and wanted to upgrade from A540, what'd have been your option? :D

1.Thank you for understanding what I've been trying to say!

2.Was planning to suggest that in the first place coz the A540 is quite good ! Stick with it till you get enough cash !

The most common options:

Canon SX110 IS

Canon SX10 IS

Nikon D40

Over n out..

thetoxicmind said:
1.Thank you for understanding what I've been trying to say!

2.Was planning to suggest that in the first place coz the A540 is quite good ! Stick with it till you get enough cash !

The most common options:
Canon SX110 IS
Canon SX10 IS
Nikon D40

Over n out..

Well would you have really upgraded to SX110IS from A540?

Is the IQ so much better than A540? controls are same other than zoom.

D40 obviously a better option being a DSLR.

The S110IS will have a better IQ in low light situations since it has Image Stabilization. At the same time, due to the long zoom range, it will have more barrel distortion and it will suffer from Chromatic Aberrations (Purple fringing) in high contrast pictures. So again not really an 'upgrade'

verma said:
Well would you have really upgraded to SX110IS from A540?

Is the IQ so much better than A540? controls are same other than zoom.

D40 obviously a better option being a DSLR.

Lol. just addressing the "cheapest" part..
For now,stick with the A540 and then take the big leap to dSLRs !

Thankyou all :hap2:

The thread has served it's purpose very well.:)

I'll keep A540 till I've enough mullah to buy a DSLR :cool2:

Back