Not open for further replies.

mastersquall

Boomshakalaka! mastersquall.com
Adept
Jun 11, 2010
Delhi
www.mastersquall.com
Hi guys,

I want laptop to gift it to village boy .

I have budget of 5K if any one selling laptop around this . please make sure it work they don't have luxury of money to repair it .

let me know :)

honest1

Adept
Aug 17, 2010
MUMBAI
Great work dude. I dont have laptop for sale but let me know if I can help in any other way like shortage for some amount.

mastersquall

Adept
Jun 11, 2010
Delhi
www.mastersquall.com
no thanks as i promised myself to him that i will give laptop to his father hand whenever he goes back to village again . they have one or two computers in one of government school that is around 35KM away or more didn't calculated .

devilgentle

Disciple
Aug 10, 2011
Nice initiative Mate.. Wish I could help.. I have one.. But too faulty to be sold.. Display issues..Maybe you will be able to fetch a good enough desktop for around 5k. Laps will be really old and worn out if they are grossing out for 5k and expected to have minimum battery backup. Or better you could try a netbook. A not so old one would not cost more than 5k. Nothing meant to discourage you.. But a desktop would be a pretty decent alternative considering the opportunity of getting a better spec for the same price and also taking into account the need of spares/service that may arise in the future.

Feb 2, 2009
Would a computer help...? Or there is specific reason for laptop..let know.Willing to help whatever way ..

mastersquall

Adept
Jun 11, 2010
Delhi
www.mastersquall.com
devilgentle said:
Nice initiative Mate.. Wish I could help.. I have one.. But too faulty to be sold.. Display issues..Maybe you will be able to fetch a good enough desktop for around 5k. Laps will be really old and worn out if they are grossing out for 5k and expected to have minimum battery backup. Or better you could try a netbook. A not so old one would not cost more than 5k. Nothing meant to discourage you.. But a desktop would be a pretty decent alternative considering the opportunity of getting a better spec for the same price and also taking into account the need of spares/service that may arise in the future.

thanks for giving me idea . found good desktop . guy was selling desktop for 8k 1year old . i told him i want this desktop for whom and he gave me it for just 5K . will visit soon village and gift him .

vivek.krishnan

BLR~ZRS-TX-1-MX
Skilled
Dec 18, 2009
Ghatkopar, Mumbai
plus.google.com
Wished this had reached me around 6 months back! My friend sold a working PII and PIII machine for scrap! ~ 400 bucks. He wanted to give it away, but the place he enquired said they wanted Intel P4 or better machines only, no AMD machines too :S!

Status
Not open for further replies.