Want to assemble a PC for 80K Budget. HD Movies and luxurious home PC usage.

BikeAdvice

Disciple
How much would it cost to assemble a PC of this configuration?

I customized a PC in Dell.co.in . I want to know how much it would cost if assembled.

It costs 81,890 rupees in Dell.

PROCESSOR 2nd Generation Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-2600 Processor (3.4GHz, 8MB Cache) edit
OPERATING SYSTEM Genuine Windows(R) 7 Home Premium SP1 64 bit (English) edit
SECURITY SOFTWARE McAfee® SecurityCenter™ (Multi-Language) - 15 Months edit
MONITOR No Monitor edit
MEMORY 8GB (4X2GB) DDR3 SDRAM 1333MHz Memory edit
HARD DRIVE 1TB SATA 3.0Gb/s Hard Drive with Native Command Queuing edit
OPTICAL DRIVE Single Drive:Blu-ray Disc Drive (BD/DVD/CD burner w/double layer BD write edit
VIDEO CARD 1GB GDDR5 AMD Radeonâ„¢ HD 6770 edit
SOUND CARD Creative PCI Express Sound Blaster X-Fiâ„¢ Titanium edit
WIRELESS NETWORK CARD Dellâ„¢ 1501 Wireless-N Mini PCI Card (802.11 b/g/n compliant)

Re: How much would it cost to assemble a PC of this configuration?

You can build a much better rig by spending the same amount of money...

You can build that rig in around 55k with a 22" full HD monitor included which you haven't included in that config.
I would strongly suggest you to go for an assembled rig.

I have never bought an assembled PC before in my life. Where do I get started?

viralbug said:
You can build that rig in around 55k with a 22" full HD monitor included which you haven't included in that config.

I would strongly suggest you to go for an assembled rig.

This pretty much sells me. Decided to buy a assembled PC. But where do I start? Where can I get the parts? I am from Salem, Tamil Nadu. I visit Chennai now and then. Would like to know where to buy the parts.

Please use the "What should I buy template" sticky so we can help you out better.

^^ Are those current rates?? If so my friend just got looted....

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

Nvidia 9500gt 512 Mb for 3000

Lol..in his complete list there isnt any PSU listed. :p
Hope that costly rig isnt powered on solar or any other source.

^ That's how branded PC's usually list their config, they never specifically mention what PSU, exactly which motherboard and what ram make they will use in the system.

Most of the times it is just the bare minimum quality required to run the system.

That's why it's always better to go for an assembled PC. That way you are sure to get every component of good quality since you are choosing it yourself.

viralbug said:
^ That's how branded PC's usually list their config, they never specifically mention what PSU, exactly which motherboard and what ram make they will use in the system.

Most of the times it is just the bare minimum quality required to run the system.

That's why it's always better to go for an assembled PC. That way you are sure to get every component of good quality since you are choosing it yourself.

This thread is an eye opener for me. I had the misconception that branded PCs are better than assembled in terms of quality. So I have wasted a lot of money on Dell. Guess enough is enough.

Will create a list of what I want soon and post it here.

BikeAdvice said:
This thread is an eye opener for me. I had the misconception that branded PCs are better than assembled in terms of quality. So I have wasted a lot of money on Dell. Guess enough is enough.

Will create a list of what I want soon and post it here.

It's not always that they have bad quality. Sometimes they do put in good quality stuff. And the extra premium they charge isn't for the product but for the service they provide.

People who are looking to buy a server would prefer getting a branded one since the after sales support is important. For normal home PC's the cost variation isn't worth it.

viralbug said:
It's not always that they have bad quality. Sometimes they do put in good quality stuff. And the extra premium they charge isn't for the product but for the service they provide.

People who are looking to buy a server would prefer getting a branded one since the after sales support is important. For normal home PC's the cost variation isn't worth it.

Once when my motherboard failed, Dell people came to my home and replaced the motherboard. I know that's not possible with assembled PCs. But if the motherboard or someother component fails by any chance, what do we do next? Whom to contact.

^ all companies have their service centers where you can deposit your faulty item and within max period of a week you get new/refurb replacement of your component.

from what i have knowledge of branded components they have just 1 year of warranty whereas assembled components the warranty is much higher.

also people can choose their os accordingly which can be a advantage for home pcs whereas in organisations the bundled OS works for them.

ggt said:
^ all companies have their service centers where you can deposit your faulty item and within max period of a week you get new/refurb replacement of your component.

from what i have knowledge of branded components they have just 1 year of warranty whereas assembled components the warranty is much higher.

also people can choose their os accordingly which can be a advantage for home pcs whereas in organisations the bundled OS works for them.

I guess most of such service centres would be located in major cities only. I live in a farm house near salem city. It is like 10kms from salem.

Do these companies allow us to send the defective products via Parcel?

Budget: 80k Max

Open to Online Purchase

Want to get the best config possible to date for maximum performance and delayed upgrade.

No second buys.

Usage:

1. Browsing
2. Watching HD Movies (Will connect to 40" sony bravia EX72 via HDMI)
3. Basic computing - word, power point.
4. Need HD monitor for pleasure - excellent quality - equivalent to Mac displays.
5. Will be downloading a lot of HD movies so need a good storage. 1 TB HDD. 64 GB SSD if budget permits. Would like to have the luxury of fast booting time.
6. Listening to music - A LOT. So good speakers and sound card very important.

Buying Preference: Would like to go for maximum quality for reliability, durability and peace of mind.

No overclocking.

History of buying computers & some more info:

• Have never assembled a PC before. Bought 1 HCL Infosys Infinity Desktop for 64,000 in 1995-96. Then after a few years 2 HP desktops, 3 Dell Desktops, 1 Macbook Pro, 1 Netbook.
  • No idea where to buy the components.
  • Own 1 Dell Desktop for office use and Macbook Pro 13" for personal use right now.
  • Got married recently, bought a HD TV. Wife needs to download movies and watch in HDTV + basic computing + Music.

Thanks in advance!

Tell mods to delete the previous thread that you have created or merge this thread with the previous one...

TBH for your usage even a 30k PC would suffice or even a 20k laptop... Why do you wanna spend so much money when you are not gonna do any hardcore stuff?

Back