Want to assemble a PC for 80K Budget. HD Movies and luxurious home PC usage.

^ Exactly. If you're not deciding to play games and the main usage is only basic work, browsing, HD movies and music, I suggest you build a powerful HTPC and spend more on the LCD, sound card and speakers.

Getting high end parts would not only be a waste of money/resource, but since you will be downloading a lot of stuff, it would unnecessarily increase power consumption.

Hades. said:
Tell mods to delete the previous thread that you have created or merge this thread with the previous one...

TBH for your usage even a 30k PC would suffice or even a 20k laptop... Why do you wanna spend so much money when you are not gonna do any hardcore stuff?

that's why i asked if he is into gaming else it will be of no use.

@bikeadvice

in 2011, a 30-40k pc is a bomb. don't spend so much for a pc

main points of the op should be soundcard,a awesome 5.1 setup.he has the display to watch the movies,iirc what he means is he wants a display for browsing.for this any 22 inch benq can suffice his needs.

Processor- Intel i5 2400/2500 ~ Rs. 9,000

Motherboard- Gigabyte GA-H67M-D2-B3 - Rs. 5500 (or any other similarly low priced board)

RAM - Corsair XMS3 2 X 2GB DDR3 1600Mhz ~ Rs. 2000

PSU - Antec VP450 - Rs. 2600

GPU- MSI 6450 1GB - Rs. 3,000

Case- This is something which should be selected based on personal preference ~ 5000-6000

HDD- Seagate 7200.12 1Tb- Rs. 2,800

SSD- Corsair F60- Rs. 5,800

ODD- LG Black 22x- Rs. 900

Monitor - Dell U2410 - Rs. 26000

Speakers - Corsair SP2500/Logitech Z906/Edifier ~ Rs. 20000

Comes out to be around your max budget.

I don't want to spend all that money anyway.

I have tried playing 720p MKV files on my office desktop connected to my HDTV but the playback is not as smooth as it could be. I tried the same playback using my brother's PC (which is an ultra gaming device) and the playback was very smooth.

That's why I believed that a high config PC is needed for playing HD movies.

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

thebanik said:
Processor- Intel i5 2400/2500 ~ Rs. 9,000

Motherboard- Gigabyte GA-H67M-D2-B3 - Rs. 5500 (or any other similarly low priced board)

RAM - Corsair XMS3 2 X 2GB DDR3 1600Mhz ~ Rs. 2000

PSU - Antec VP450 - Rs. 2600

GPU- MSI 6450 1GB - Rs. 3,000

Case- This is something which should be selected based on personal preference ~ 5000-6000

HDD- Seagate 7200.12 1Tb- Rs. 2,800

SSD- Corsair F60- Rs. 5,800

ODD- LG Black 22x- Rs. 900

Monitor - Dell U2410 - Rs. 26000

Speakers - Corsair SP2500/Logitech Z906/Edifier ~ Rs. 20000

Comes out to be around your max budget.

Awesome :)

I really like it.

Dell U2410 is what I had in mind. My brother just ordered one recently. But U2410 costs 31,815 in Direct Dell order. Where can I buy it for Rs.26,000?

That's why I believed that a high config PC is needed for playing HD movies.

Nope... A decent GPU is required... I think your office rig doesn't have a good GPU thats why it wasn't able to decode HD movies preoperly...

And instead of H67M-D2-B3 which doesn't have USB3 + Sata3 and 4Ram slots buy Intel DH67BL B3 ~ 5.2k which comes with USB3+SATA3+eSata and four RAM slots..

vantheman5211 said:
^^ smc international

Will also recommend a ASus xonar dx for true Dolby sound

I like the prices and availability of products in SMC International. Logitech Z906 is available! It is not listed in Logitech India website.

Also I am wondering how they are able to provide the Dell U2410 Monitor at nearly a 4-5k discount compared to Dell India itself. !

BikeAdvice said:
I like the prices and availability of products in SMC International. Logitech Z906 is available! It is not listed in Logitech India website.

Also I am wondering how they are able to provide the Dell U2410 Monitor at nearly a 4-5k discount compared to Dell India itself. !

Its not just SMC but any big dealer who is not interested in a big margin in one shot, can provide you with those kind of prices (ofcourse maybe a few 100 up only). As for Dell, its not like before when the only way to buy was through their website, now most of their business comes from retailers hence the shift of prices. Why would anyone buy from retail if the prices are lower on Dell website??? Also SMC is not a small dealer but National Distributors for brands like MSI, AMD, CoolerMaster, Razer etc.

I got an idea what to buy and where to buy.

But I have never assembled a PC before. But I guess I can do it myself. Just want to know if you guys assemble the PCs yourself or you get someone's help. Any downsides of DIY?

I have seen some tutorial videos on youtube, but is there anything else I need to know?

Most TE members assemble their PC themselves because they know how to do that... And its very easy... Plus you can read the motherboard manual in which you would find diagrams of how to assemble a pc... See if you really dont know how to assemble a PC and dont wanna take any kinda risk then let SMC guys assemble the PC for you... They would do it for free if you would purchase all the components from them... :)

Hades. said:
Tell mods to delete the previous thread that you have created or merge this thread with the previous one...

TBH for your usage even a 30k PC would suffice or even a 20k laptop... Why do you wanna spend so much money when you are not gonna do any hardcore stuff?

Report posts instead of posting here. Its highly impossible to go through every thread. Once reported it will be in the mod queue and one of us will do the needed when we go through it. Threads merged.

For PC i would recommend,

Components Description Price (INR)

Processor Core i5 2400 9300

Motherboard Intel DH67BL(B3) 5100

RAM Corsair 4GB DDRIII 1333MHz 1250

HDD Seagate 1TB 7200.12 2800

GPU MSI R6770-MD1GD 1GB GDDR5 6500

Monitor Dell U2311H 14000

Cabinet NZXT Gamma 2100

PSU Seasonic S12II 430w 3300

Key Board Logitech MMKB 400

Mouse Gigabyte GM6800 650

ODD Samsung 22X SATA DVD 950

Sound Card Asus xonar DG 1600

Speakers Altec Lansing 2.1 VS4621 3250

Total 51200

This rig would let you game a bit and also it supports HDMI 1.4a(Though the monitor has DP only and lacks HDMI :p)

The U2311H should be sufficient for the display. Its a excellent budget IPS panel. Recommended the quad i5 2400 since you will most probably end up using it for a few years.

If you cant get a Seasonic S12II 430w then the CM GX450 ~ 3k should be a decent alternative for this setup.

Also I am not very knowledgeable reg. speakers and sound cards. The Xonar DG is a good entry level sound card and the VS4621 are good low-midrange 2.1 speakers.

Thanks a lot everyone.

I just cleared some confusions between SATA II (3gb/s) and SATA III (6gb/s).

I also found out that many SSDs are only 3gb/s but the Intel motherboard supports 6gb/s.

Corsair Force 3 Series has 6gb/s but it is in scarce availability.

Is 6gb/s really needed? I though I can go for it if it is within the reach of my budget.

Well.. most of the new motherboards support SATA III.. so why not go for it? its more future proof and has backward compatibility with SATA II. :)

^^ that is actually a perfect buy for the op.i would have recommended that but the op has 40 " inch kickass screen where he can watch movies.i can understand what kind of a setup the op is trying to have[i myself am trying for a similar one].as of now a pc suits him best.

^ i think what he meant was the ease of the usability and its also a bit hassle free in comparison to pc hardware.one thing you can consider is the mac mini,its amazingly priced for what it offers.give it a thought.

vantheman5211 said:
^ i think what he meant was the ease of the usability and its also a bit hassle free in comparison to pc hardware.one thing you can consider is the mac mini,its amazingly priced for what it offers.give it a thought.

Yes I too recommend it :)

Back