Want to buy Bosch or IFB fully automatic washing machine of 7KG upto 30K

Which of the following models of washing machines are overall good including its service

• IFB Serena Aqua SX

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Bosch WAK20164IN

Votes: 1 50.0%
  • Any other, please specify & give reasons

Votes: 1 50.0%

• Total voters
Hi friends,

I am looking forward to buy either of the following washing machines, Bosch or IFB, please suggest which one to buy. I am living in Delhi.

IFB Serena Aqua SX

Bosch WAK20164IN

The machine will use hard water of nearly 900 TDS and it will be used for 4 adults. My budget is 30K max. The only other brand which I considered was LG but its machine of 7kg is costing nearly 31000/- nearly 4500 above these 2 machines hence I left it. Else that is a great machine. I considered IFB because it has feature to reduce the hardness of water. Bosch mahines are good but only issue is with its service (as heard). No idea how is its service in Delhi.

Thanks friends in advance.

I'm having Bosch for more than 5 years now and it is a good WM in all aspects. After some years the WM bearing needs to be changed due to wear and tear and especially if it is hard water you may need to change it in 3 or 4 years and that is where you will have problem with Bosch or IFB washing machines. The bearing is attached to the drum in Bosch washing machine and would cost you around 15K to 20K depending upon the model. I found out in a hard way when the bearing needed replacement in my Bosch WM and I was quoted 15K as the replacement needs to be done along with the drum. So in long term check whichever WM you are buying please check if the bearing can be changed separately. It will save you a lot of headache. You can read more of this on the other thread I have mentioned-

I can confirm from Chennai that IFB service is good. They come on the next day once you call them and parts are cheap.

IFB are cheats. I had IFB with 4 years of additional warranty. During the warranty period the WM used to vibrate a lot and move. The only thing that stopped the WM climbing down the stairs is the short leash of the water hose :) Every time the service guy came he would first ask to see the extended warranty papers and then say that I am not adding proper load or I should add a stand etc. If I shout at him he would replace some small part and say that will solve the problem. As soon as the warranty was over he said that he will have to take the WM to the service center as the bearing has to be replaced and gave me a very huge estimate for the repair. Apparently IFB does not allow technicians / AMC partners to make costly replacement/repairs.

I am currently using a Siemens WM (I believe same company as Bosch) for the last 4+ years. So far, no issues but I too am worried about the bearings and drum replacement. The service here in Hyderabad is top notch but I guess it depends on the company who has the service contract with the manufacturers. I use soft water of less than 100 PPM (Water softener) hence I might get more mileage with my WM.

I have 10 year old IFB machine which is working good and never require their service.

But what surprise me I got a call from IFB service center before week of 10 years complete to check if motor is working ok...

Go for LG blindly. We are a family of 3 adults and the LG 5.5 KG is sufficient for us. We have the machine since last 9 years approx. We run it everyday, sometimes twice a day. Touch wood, service is excellent, never gave any big trouble so far. When any problem ocuured it was solved within 2 days max (mostly on the same day and problems are minor in nature).
The german machines have the bearing weleded with the drum. So even for a bearing failure you have to change the complete drum amd shell out around 6-8 K.

I'm having Bosch for more than 5 years now and it is a good WM in all aspects. After some years the WM bearing needs to be changed due to wear and tear and especially if it is hard water you may need to change it in 3 or 4 years and that is where you will have problem with Bosch or IFB washing machines. The bearing is attached to the drum in Bosch washing machine and would cost you around 15K to 20K depending upon the model. I found out in a hard way when the bearing needed replacement in my Bosch WM and I was quoted 15K as the replacement needs to be done along with the drum. So in long term check whichever WM you are buying please check if the bearing can be changed separately. It will save you a lot of headache. You can read more of this on the other thread I have mentioned-

Then why did'nt you went with LG?

Maybe I should have. I had an LG earlier and wanted to change the brand. Bosch washing quality is top notch and have no complaints regarding that. However I never expected that I would need to change the whole drum instead of the bearing. That is unethical of the company.

Back