Want To buy Mp3 Player and Headfones

After Serving me well for 1.5 years my Zenstone

parted ways with me taking along my prized

Ep-635 in ear earfones (I lost them while

travelling).

Now I am on the lookout for a new player. Specifications required:

a) 2GB capacity or more wont mind ones with expansion slots too

b) Good battery backup (upwards of 10 hours)

c) FM tuner

d) Just need a display to show the folder/file name, No Video capabilities required.

e) Least possible price.

f) Should not require a firmware to transfer music. Direct USB 2.0 like my zenstone had.

EDIT: Finalised Sansa Clip

Headfones:

a) In ear Type (a must)

b) Neckstrap

c) Awesome sound quality. I listen to all varieties of music depending on my mood.

EDIT: In consideration: Soundmagic PL30, EP 635 :p, More suggestions needed

Want to buy new with warranty.

Pour in your suggestions

Errr..... I guess keeping more than one window open in TE lead to the confusion.

Thanks for the correction W1nD.

Mods kindly move this to the appropriate section

Thanks Stalker. I was indeed looking at Sansa players. The other IC for a 4GB Sansa player seems to have ended.

Googling out the Soundmagic headfones (are they better than my previous EP 635?)

no personal experience with it.

However they are a very well reputed site over at head-fi. I would assume that this would be enough proof of their trustworthyness. They ship all over the world.

about mp4nation... fah33m had ordered the same combo awhile back. they took 2 months before they even shipped the order.

Thanks for the inputs guys.

I have already PMed KMD. Yet to hear from him. I guess everybody is talking about soundmagic so they must be good. Anyone owns a pair ???

From the pics and the listings I am not able to see if the have a neckstrap like the one in my EP-635. Its a must as I am quite used to it and it also helps elongate life of earfones by preventing accidental stretching of the cables.

Any good deals on the player anyone. Refurbs with warranty will also do :)

afaik the PL30 does not come with a necstrap, though i guess you can reuse your EP-635s strap.

Also, the Clip is available over at ebay.in for 1800 odd shipped.

ps- theres a 30usd deal on a refurb sansa fuze at newegg right now.

got this deal too

The Strap was a part of the EP635 infact it also offered some protection to the cable too. See this

img72.jpg

sTALKEr said:
no personal experience with it.

However they are a very well reputed site over at head-fi. I would assume that this would be enough proof of their trustworthyness. They ship all over the world.

about mp4nation... fah33m had ordered the same combo awhile back. they took 2 months before they even shipped the order.

yeah thats why i wanted to know. a lot of people there buy from head-direct. but i thought they didnt ship to india.

however, free shipping is only for US. for worldwide shipping you have to add $10 which comes to $39.

sTALKEr said:
Sansa Clip + SoundMagic PL30

Thanks a ton stalker.:hap2:
I guess you have suggested the perfect combination. Final on Sansa clip and almost final on PL30. Now will just see from where can i get the best deal on both. Are the PL30 available with warranty in India

+1 for the Soundmagic PL 30 + Fiio amp combinations

sounds pure heaven :)

just received my order today from mp4nation..

they took almosy 2 months as they didnt have any stock and lots of pending orders.

order placed 28th december.

was shipped on 20th feb and received today. :p

Well I dont actually need an amp. I need smallest possible mp3 player with just a display screen to show the track. Will place an order shortly.

@ Fah33m: Do you ever come to Mumbai even on weekends. I would like to see the earphones in person before booking an order. I live in Mahim

^^ sorry bro ..i hardly visit Mumbai side..it's like once in a blue moon .and that too, usually for the TE meets.

if by any chance you visit navi mumbai side..(vashi/seawoods ) do let me know ..:)

also i might be putting up detailed review with pics of the pl-30 once i am done with the burn in .:p

Back