Want to Buy TV from Dubai. Who to Use?

I will hold off for now.

I signed up to SnS. Can you tell me a couple of things about them?
  1. They deliver to your home, right?
  2. The shipping cost they ask for is including delivering inside India? Or is it just to get it to India, and then they ask for extra courier charges to get it to your house?
  3. Where are the member's different shipping addresses located on the site? The FAQ says to see them, sign in, but I can't see them anywhere.

I signed up to SnS. Can you tell me a couple of things about them?
  1. They deliver to your home, right?
  2. The shipping cost they ask for is including delivering inside India? Or is it just to get it to India, and then they ask for extra courier charges to get it to your house?
  3. Where are the member's different shipping addresses located on the site? The FAQ says to see them, sign in, but I can't see them anywhere.
1. Yes
2. No extra cost, the price given includes shipping to your place
3. You should see it here in a tab, https://www.shopandship.com/en/home/account

1. Yes
2. No extra cost, the price given includes shipping to your place
3. You should see it here in a tab, https://www.shopandship.com/en/home/account

Not seeing any addresses there. This is what I have, with nothing underneath:
juXs1rf.png

It should be next to My Profile in the same tab space. I am thinking your address is not generated yet? You can email them to directly ask your Dubai Address.
Yeah, I am going to contact them tomorrow. Still not 100% on getting it from Dubai vs. the US. The price difference is coming to 7k between the two.

BTW, a little OT, but does anyone know what my current monitor would sell for, approx.?
It's the Dell UltraSharp 2713H (not to be confused with the lower quality 2713HM). It's 27" AH-IPS, 2560x1440, 10bit 1.07 Billion colors, 120% SRGB coverage, 99% AdobeRGB coverage.

It's 3 years old (out of warranty), and its replacement, 2715H, costs 52k.

Yeah, I am going to contact them tomorrow. Still not 100% on getting it from Dubai vs. the US. The price difference is coming to 7k between the two.

BTW, a little OT, but does anyone know what my current monitor would sell for, approx.?
It's the Dell UltraSharp 2713H (not to be confused with the lower quality 2713HM). It's 27" AH-IPS, 2560x1440, 10bit 1.07 Billion colors, 120% SRGB coverage, 99% AdobeRGB coverage.

It's 3 years old (out of warranty), and its replacement, 2715H, costs 52k.
Any updates, did you order it?

Any updates, did you order it?
I have someone coming over from Dubai soon, and they will bring it.

BTW, do NOT order anything like this from Shop&Ship. I had almost settled on ordering it from them, but I mailed them to confirm the shipping charges. This is what they sent to me:

shipping charges are 10$ first 500gms and 8$ for every additional 500gms plus 15% service tax .
Please note, for oversize shipments there is an additional ODD service fees added to your shipping bill.

Please find the below conditions and calculation for ODD service fees.
1. Oversize shipments
· All origins (except USA) = The sum of dimensions for any shipment should not exceed 2 meters i.e. 200cm (length + Width + Height) with a maximum limit of 1 meter for the longest dimension.
· USA = the sum of dimensions should not exceed 3 meters i.e. 300 cm (length + Width + Height) with a maximum limit of 1.5 meter for one of the dimensions.

2. ODD Service Fees
· ODD service fee = 0.75 x shipping fee
Total package fees = shipping fee + ODD service fee + service tax

I mailed them that my package dimensions would add up to less than 200cm, but the longest size would be approx 106cm. They said that ODD wouldn't apply, which confused me because I couldn't figure out how the "longest side" clause would come into effect, so I mailed them again. They mailed back saying they were sorry, and had overlooked that! So ODD would apply. That means they would end up charging around 25k or more for the shipping!

@AlphaOmega did you receive your tv.how much was the custome tax paid ?[DOUBLEPOST=1502258639][/DOUBLEPOST]@AlphaOmega can you also clear 1 doubt.most of the article on internet says that IPS panel is better than VA panel but yiu are stating the opposite.can you guide me to a article which describe the diffrence between the both

Back