Want to make a completely new pc for office work for 18k or less

abhijit266

Disciple
  • Q: What is your budget?
  • Q: What is your existing hardware configuration (component name - component brand and model)
    • Keyboard and mouse
    • Want to make new PC only have keyboard and mouse.
  • Q: Which hardware will you be keeping (component name - component brand and model)
    • Keyboard and mouse

• Q: Which hardware component are you looking to buy (component name). If you have already decided on a configuration then please mention the (component brand and model) as well, this will help us in fine tuning your requirement.
    • Want to make a pc for office use and no gfx required but want to run windows 7
    • min 1 tb hdd i want.
  • Q: Is this going to be your final configuration or you would be adding/upgrading a component in near future. If yes then please mention when and which component
    • no, will not upgrade the following within 6 months
  • Q: Where will you buy this hardware? (Online/City/TE Dealer)
    • Primeabgb preferred or any LM stores
  • Q: Would you consider buying a second hand hardware from the TE market
    • Not preferred but if it fits in my budget then let me see.
  • Q: What is your intended use for this PC/hardware
    • Win 7 64 bit
    • Browsing internet
    • Basic office work
    • Download rig sometimes
    • Watching HD movies (depends on price)
  • Q: Do you have any brand preference or dislike? Please name them and the reason for your preference/dislike.
    • any brand will do so far its working
  • Q: If you will be playing games then which type of games will you be playing?
    • only office work no games
  • Q: What is your preferred monitor resolution for gaming and normal usage
    • Desktop - 1920 x 1080 or else any resolution of 20 inch lcd (depends on price)
  • Q: Are you looking to overclock?
    • Not at all
  • Q: Which operating system do you intend to use with this configuration?
    • Windows 7 64 bit

Hi everyone now i want to make a pc for my office but my budget is very low and cant extend.i only want a better cpu with a good screen.whatever u quote please do keep the budget in mind.i am quating my budget as 18k i dont think it can go below that coz 1 tb & screen is very expensive but lesser the better.

Regards,

Abhijit Rao.

Well, here goes:

AMD Sempron + GF7025/MCP68 mobo + 2GB RAM ~ 5.5K

1TB HDD ( ~ WD ideally, ) ~5k [Maybe more, cant say]

Any ODD ~ 1K

Cabby + SMPS ~ 1.5K

Samsung 20" ~ 6.5K

Total ~ 19.5K

If you wanna go the intel way then-

CPU-Intel G620-3.5k

Mobo-Intel DH61WW-3.5k

Ram-Corsair value ram 4gb-1k

Cabby + SMPS ~Any circle case with psu-1.5K

ODD-Samsung or Lg DVD-R/W-1k

@ vivek hdd in prime is costing 5950 so that goes upto 20.5k. what will be the budget if i want X2 or X4 athlon series.actually all this is happening because of hdd price which has inflated from 2.8k to 6k.can i buy a hdd from te members is it ok.

@jakob i think i am going for the amd thing coz all my pc i have made are of amd and are pretty good.thanks if u hav any amd rig plz suggest thanks .

CPU-Amd athlon X2 260-3.5k,X4 proccy will be above 5k.

ASUS M4N68T-M LE V2-2.5k OR ASUS M4A78LT-M LE-3.5k

Everything else the same as above.

@well i will ask prime wheather they have this processor x2 260 coz i think i will try to fit in my budget.can u tell me if any hdd is available on te of 1 tb second hand.

i have been using this as htpc which i would like to sell if i get a good price

Dell 20 inch 16*9 led monitor ( IN 2020 M )

athlon 440 ( unlocked 4th core)

asus m4a 78 lt mle

corsair value select 2*2gb ddr3

seagate 500gb

lg dvd writer

zebronics cabby with generic 400 watt powers supply

The rig is around 8 to 9 months old with most of the bills and warranty for all products left

Let me know if you are interested

^^^^^ add creative 2.1 speakers sbs 370 and an xfx 4670 ddr 3 1gb too ....for sale

i guess shipping charges for all the above will be quite high and since the op is on budget , it wont work out...his call though

#abhijit266 I think you need to get a discrete gpu and a good CPU if you plan to watch 1080p movies. You wouldn't want it to be lagging. Also, I think full HD monitors cost a bit more than 6k (though I am not sure).

@aproxy i know that dude but i am not so fond of HD movies soo much but may be sometimes if i dont have work i might watch but do not want a full hd monitor coz cost will go up i think 18.5 to 20 inch would be perfect for office work.but i might download stuffs like movies but seeing it is a rare thing.

#abhijit266

In that case, would suggest to get a 16" monitor for about 4.5K. Also, with this limited budget, you cannot get a dual core. Ideally, get the smallest HDD with good VFM and get a 1TB later on.

If HD movies play back is needed, then the mobo will have to be upgraded to a 760G mobo.

@vivek yup u r right i think i will go for a small monitor and dual core but dude i want 1 tb coz office ka bahut imp data hai wich is in my external 500 gb drive.i have minimum 350 gb data wich will fill my 500 gb so 1 tb needed.well just want to ask when these prices will drop for hdd do u know anything i can wait for the pc to be made.

@vivek one more question somebosy here in te classifieds is selling 3 tb.do u know how is the performance of 3 tb wd drive plz tell me .

Regards

Arao.

Back