Car & Bike Want to purchase a Scooter.

sumitjain

Recruit
I am very much impressed by Mahindra Rodeo Rz. Awesome colour range and many unique features. Good thing is very lite weighted, easy to handle. Need opinion for the same. thanks.

Rodeo doesn't sell that well. Also, I believe the fuel efficiency is lower than similarly powered scooters of the competion. If its lightweight due to full fiber body, it is better to avoid.

I would suggest to stick to running products like: Activa, Aviator, Access....unless you are in complete love with Rodeo and are not looking at other options.

1. strictly in city use, even scooty pep+ will do fine
2. for normal size scooter I'd go with TVS wego disc brake version. Body Balance thingy is not just a marketing gimmick, it does work. ride Wego at single digit speed and you will know. It's so effortless, esp when compared to activa.
for me safety first, where Wego scores high with it's 12" wheels, tubeless tyres, Body Balance
DO test ride it before deciding.

avoid Activa, stone age front suspension, really poor braking, poor straight line stability under hard braking.

Mahindra had a torrid entry into 2 wheeler market and there is no visible sign of improvement. Hence advice is not to fall into the trap of 'feature' and avoid Mahindra. TVS, Honda, Suzuki and Yamaha offers many options : Wego is probably the best allrounder, Dio is the best handler, Access is the best performance and Ray Z is probably the best looker. Chose according to your budget and priority. I did not mention Vespa because its in a different league altogether.

How good are the Electric scooties ? I am thinking of giving 1 to my cousin, she is in class 10th... What would you guys suggest?

i am using Suzuki Swish 125 cc which it come most reliable and stable as i am getting aveg mileage 45-50 same like TVS jupter and Vespa VX125 but they are costly

as swish 125 is cheaper than another scooter at 125 cc segment, where i did 6.8k km at 8 month no issue as it was running smooth

p.s i always drive it so fast for urgent work only, where the scooter can drag max speed 95-100 kph..

i am using Suzuki Swish 125 cc which it come most reliable and stable as i am getting aveg mileage 45-50 same like TVS jupter and Vespa VX125 but they are costly

as swish 125 is cheaper than another scooter at 125 cc segment, where i did 6.8k km at 8 month no issue as it was running smooth

p.s i always drive it so fast for urgent work only, where the scooter can drag max speed 95-100 kph..

How much does it cost? Also, anyone has idea about Electric scooties and if they are any good?

^ If you have reliable power supply where you live (and an available 3 phase point in your garage) then they make sense. Although i have heard they feel a bit plasticky.

How good are the Electric scooties ? I am thinking of giving 1 to my cousin, she is in class 10th... What would you guys suggest?
Stay away from electric scooties. They have terrible build quality and spares are not easily available.

Back