Car & Bike Want to sell my 1 month old FZ-S

vheezay

Disciple
Jun 10, 2011
Hi ,

I want to sell off my 1 month old Yamaha FZ-S. Main reasons beign very low mileage ( getting around 25 kmpl ):(:(.. Have completed around 800kms and did 2 free services.....Yamaha Services costs a Bomb !! :)

Want to know at what price can i sell this thing off ???? i expect a price of around 70-75k to the table....as i had bought it for 80k.

vheezay

Disciple
Jun 10, 2011
75k is too much ????? i mean it is only 1 month old...

Yup u r right .. i need to remove the mileage figure :p

chiragsthakur

Skilled
Apr 20, 2011
Mumbai
You were warned of the mileage before taking a leap for Yamaha FZ.... :)

A person will prefer buying a new one instead... 70K is what I feel will allow a customer to think at least of getting it. I am sure at 75K any buyer would prefer getting a new one from showroom itself.

Dark Star

ex-Mod
May 7, 2006
vheezay said:
Hi ,

I want to sell off my 1 month old Yamaha FZ-S. Main reasons beign very low mileage ( getting around 25 kmpl ):(:(.. Have completed around 800kms and did 2 free services.....Yamaha Services costs a Bomb !! :)

Want to know at what price can i sell this thing off ???? i expect a price of around 70-75k to the table....as i had bought it for 80k.

First either you are faking our you don't know the exact date of purchase.

You cannot have 2 service in 1 month. Secondly have some patience FZ-S mileage will improve with time given you handle and drive properly.

Also FZ -S retails for 70k onroad here, how come you can sell it for 75k, a price of around 60-65k should suffice. For 75 one can get a brand new fazer.

P.s : MY Fazer gives an average of around 50+ and I have used it for around ~9-10months 4k+ kms.

mathrisk

.: deleted :.
Adept
Mar 17, 2008
Bangalore
www.thefinsight.com
Dark Star said:
P.s : MY Fazer gives an average of around 50+ and I have used it for around ~9-10months 4k+ kms.

whoa...50+. For the first time I'm listening 50+.

I am riding FZ16 since last 3 years (I booked before release) and max I got 38/40kmpl on highway 35kmpl in city.

I gave my bike (exchanged actually) with my roommate for 2 weeks just to check if it was some 'rider' issue. :p but it was same.

My another friend got FZ16 and he used to get 43/45kmpl oh Shell oil (that's Rs2/3 costly).

@OP - 25kmpl is really very low you re getting.

vheezay

Disciple
Jun 10, 2011
in thane it retails for 80700.. 2 services i mean... one is the first service.. second one was for replacement of the front brake....i had a minor accident ..
The first time when i rode the FZ-S it gave me a mileage of 35kmpl in the city which is the norm but after the service it gives only 25kmpl.... i dunno what those yamaha service wallas had done to it.....Also braking is quite hard after the replacement......
10k reduction for a 1 mnth old bike is very steep.... i can sell it for 73k max....

RS4

Skilled
May 16, 2010
India
vheezay said:
Hi ,

Yamaha FZ/Fazer series give low mileage and you were warned about this in your bike advise thread, and if you remember i was the only one who mentioned about very high service costs and i know all these coz we have a fazer at our place.

Still 25Kmpl is quite low, the fazer gives around 30-35kmpl(max) in city riding here, now it will be very hard to sell it at those prices, keep the pricing at 70k and accept the best offers and you may get 67-68k.

dOm1naTOr

Skilled
Nov 4, 2007
Kottayam kerala
25 kmpl on normal riding is way too low. like mathrisk, i booked before release as well and got delivered on releasing date itself. Now it has completed 3yr+ and 18k Km. Mine gives 40~42 max on careful riding without revving and 35 kmpl on normal riding and 25 kmpl on harsh/rash riding(which i normally does :p ). Its normal among early services that the mileage gets too low, but it will get better.

Also as you mentioned, you had an accident. It will affect the selling price if there are any scratches/dents even minor as you are selling is like a almost new bike. If your height is 6" or higher, then you can make it as an excuse for selling as FZ isnt great on riding for tall riders.

ultimabasher

Skilled
Jun 2, 2007
Pune
dOm1naTOr said:
25 kmpl on normal riding is way too low. like mathrisk, i booked before release as well and got delivered on releasing date itself. Now it has completed 3yr+ and 18k Km. Mine gives 40~42 max on careful riding without revving and 35 kmpl on normal riding and 25 kmpl on harsh/rash riding(which i normally does :p ). Its normal among early services that the mileage gets too low, but it will get better.

Also as you mentioned, you had an accident. It will affect the selling price if there are any scratches/dents even minor as you are selling is like a almost new bike. If your height is 6" or higher, then you can make it as an excuse for selling as FZ isnt great on riding for tall riders.
vheezay said:
in thane it retails for 80700.. 2 services i mean... one is the first service.. second one was for replacement of the front brake....i had a minor accident ..

The first time when i rode the FZ-S it gave me a mileage of 35kmpl in the city which is the norm but after the service it gives only 25kmpl.... i dunno what those yamaha service wallas had done to it.....Also braking is quite hard after the replacement......

10k reduction for a 1 mnth old bike is very steep.... i can sell it for 73k max....
mathrisk said:
whoa...50+. For the first time I'm listening 50+.

I am riding FZ16 since last 3 years (I booked before release) and max I got 38/40kmpl on highway 35kmpl in city.

I gave my bike (exchanged actually) with my roommate for 2 weeks just to check if it was some 'rider' issue. :p but it was same.

My another friend got FZ16 and he used to get 43/45kmpl oh Shell oil (that's Rs2/3 costly).

@OP - 25kmpl is really very low you re getting.

You guys should really get your bike to some good mechanic and show it to him to correct the mileage. My R15 is 1 years old and it gives me 40kmpl even after all the 10k rpm revving :|

mh09ad5578

the aRchiTect!
Adept
Sep 23, 2007
Chitradurga
you said you got the brakes serviced/replaced...just check whether the pads are brushing against the disc even when the brake is not pressed. this sometimes happens with new pads or if the disc alignment is wrong(even if the disc is slightly bent). Raise the front wheel of the bike and rotate it to see whether it is rolling freely, in any of the above scenarios the bike engine would have to work more against its own brakes and hence would point to the low milegae you are getting. this has happened with my pulsar too with new pads but then the pads wear out in a few kms and things get back to normal.

Saiyan

The L33t Admeen
Skilled
Aug 19, 2005
Texel, the Netherlands
www.techenclave.com
@Ultima, That is because of the Fuel Injection ?

Even i get an average of 35kmpl with some really bad driving within the city :p

So new FZ costs 80k now ? I remember buying my limited edtion for about 76k two years back. Guess they added a kick start and increased the cost :p

Coming to the topic, for 75k I'd rather buy a new one than,

madnav

Skilled
Jun 15, 2008
Navi Mumbai
Saiyan said:
@Ultima, That is because of the Fuel Injection ?

Even i get an average of 35kmpl with some really bad driving within the city :p

So new FZ costs 80k now ? I remember buying my limited edtion for about 76k two years back. Guess they added a kick start and increased the cost :p

Coming to the topic, for 75k I'd rather buy a new one than,

The Taxes have jacked the pricing..

HH Hunk bought for 62.5k in 2008, now costs 74-75k ... im getting 40k for it already :p

economy is 35-40kmpl as I have spirited riding habits while without a pillion.

vheezay

Disciple
Jun 10, 2011
mh09ad5578 said:
you said you got the brakes serviced/replaced...just check whether the pads are brushing against the disc even when the brake is not pressed. this sometimes happens with new pads or if the disc alignment is wrong(even if the disc is slightly bent). Raise the front wheel of the bike and rotate it to see whether it is rolling freely, in any of the above scenarios the bike engine would have to work more against its own brakes and hence would point to the low milegae you are getting. this has happened with my pulsar too with new pads but then the pads wear out in a few kms and things get back to normal.

Will surely check that... I dont know much about bikes as this is my first bike and it turned out to be a kaput !!!

madnav

Skilled
Jun 15, 2008
Navi Mumbai
vheezay said:
Will surely check that... I dont know much about bikes as this is my first bike and it turned out to be a kaput !!!

it is not like a ram..which will provide you exact performance... heck even ram requires proper settings.

get you bike tuned properly and try to ride in the powerband to get maximum efficiency.

btw, how are you calculating efficiency so far?

rad0

Adept
Jan 20, 2011
Bangalore
@vheezay : :no:

Go to the service center. Ask them to tune your bike for optimum mileage.

35kmpl is what you should/were expecting from FZ. Isn't it ?

This would be utter non-sense if you sell of the bike just bcoz service cost is high.

gREen

Im Special, gREen.
Skilled
Jul 14, 2011
Krishnagiri
Guys there's 2% tax increase in June.

I got my fazer with a price of 84800rs.

Getting an mileage of around 38 to 43 kmpl

For @op, sell it for less than 70k.

Cause a minor accident, low mileage and people always prefer to get new bike and maintain properly.

And a new fz s cost 78k.

Sent from my SK17i using Tapatalk

rad0

Adept
Jan 20, 2011
Bangalore
madnav said:
The Taxes have jacked the pricing..

HH Hunk bought for 62.5k in 2008, now costs 74-75k ... im getting 40k for it already :p
economy is 35-40kmpl as I have spirited riding habits while without a pillion.

They have digitized the speedo/odo panel. May be that could be one of the reason of increasing the price. :)

madnav

Skilled
Jun 15, 2008
Navi Mumbai
ramanujpatro said:
They have digitized the speedo/odo panel. May be that could be one of the reason of increasing the price. :)

Wouldn't say so because Unicorn used to cost on similar lines and current pricing of unicorn stays 74k (not sure if that includes ON pricing)

I do not see why a digital speed shall relate to 10k difference in price.

chiragsthakur

Skilled
Apr 20, 2011
Mumbai
@Vheezay : As people have suggested, Check the bike properly before selling it... use it for one or two months more, coz anyways either 1 months used or 3 months used, the resale value would not change much.
Output power/input power :p ;)
madnav said:
btw, how are you calculating efficiency so far?