Want to upgrade my PC, need help.

subhadip0608

Disciple
Finally,
The BF3 ushered in a requirement for a new configuration for my PC :).
I want to upgrade my PC soon.

Current configuration of my PC is a bit mismatch , I know that.

CPU: Intel pentium E5200 Dual core Processor.
MoBo: MSI P45C NEO FIR.
GPU: Palit Nvidia GTX260 Sonic 2.
PSU: CM600W Exteme Power
HDD: 500GB Seagate.
Cabby: Please suggest a good Mid tower cabby
UPS: Suggest a suitable UPS.
Keybord and Mouse : please suggest good gaming keyboard and Mouse

I have recently upgraded my Display...got a 32'' Panasonic LCD TV.

I am currently at Pune, so if you can suggest a suitable place to get all the stuff for my PC upgradation will be highly appreciable.

subhadip0608 said:
I have recently upgraded my Display...got a 32'' Panasonic LCD TV.

Dude are you planning to game on this? What is the res.? o_O

Also, if could mention your budget then we can suggest accordingly.

^^
But that didnt help anybody to know your requirements so to help us advice accurately please fill the template and post it here.
here is the link to template http://www.techenclave.com/pc-buying-advice/template-what-should-i-buy-use-143714.html

I guess you dont require monitor as you bought a 32inch LCD.

Here is the recommendation for gaming pc without monitor.

CPU- Intel i5 2400 - TheITWares - One Stop for all Gizmos!Intel Core i5-2500 Sandy Bridge 3.3GHz (3.7GHz Turbo Boost) 4 x 256KB L2 Cache 6MB L3 Cache LGA 1155 95W Quad-Core Desktop Processor BX80623I52500
MOBO - TheITWares - One Stop for all Gizmos!Intel DH67BL LGA 1155 Micro ATX Motherboard
GPU - Nvidia GTX560Ti / HD6850- 14k (or) HD 6850- 9.5k
RAM - GSkill Ripjaws X 4x2GB -3.3k
PSU-seasonic s12II 620w-4.6k
Cabinet - NZXT Gamma -2.2 k
Keyboard-0.5k (gaming keyboard doest make any difference )
Mouse - Logitech MX518 -1.5k or else if you just want a mouse with more buttons and resonable DPI then get Gigabyte G6800 - 0.7k
HDD-If you have a 500GB with you dont use it with the rig which you will be buying.HDD prices have gone crazy.
Without UPS and with GTX560Ti/HD 6950 total cost is 40k.
Without UPS and with HD6850 total cost is 36k.

You can save 3k by
Going for
1)Seasonic s12 II 520w instead of 620w
2)Corsair 4GB(which is more than enough if you are gaming)
3)By going for a Logitech KB+mouse instead of the above mentioned KB and Mouse.

And by saving that 3k you can Upgrade along with UPS for around 35k.

Note: if you want good frame rates on that big display then get no less than GTX 560Ti / HD 6950

Hope it helped.
Happy gaming

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

SEE i DID some Mistakes in the post.
In HDD i mean to use the present HDD and 'dont' is written mistakenly.

@nishu-you can edit your post and remove 'don't' in the hdd suggestion line,op should fill up the template to give us more idea about what he exactly needs.

One suggestion, if the i5 is not needed, go for an i3. fps on most of the games will remain same which are not CPU heavy. Spend the cash saved on the 6950 card. Also, 4GB of XMS3 (2x2GB) 1600 MHz ~ 2k

My suggestions for a similar set-up --

Core i5 2320 ~ 9500/- OR Core i3 2100 ~ 6200/- [remember if you go for the Core i3, you are seriously undercutting on your productivity prospects, so if you plan to work on Photoshop OR MAYA et al please sink in a little more cash and bag the Core i5], here is a run-in comparison notice gaming performance is not affected greatly -- AnandTech - Bench - CPU

Intel DH67BL ~ 5800/-

Corsair XMS3 4GB x 1 1600MHz ~ 1700/-

nVidia GTX 560 [note this is the non-Ti edition] ~ 11900/- [should give you decent frames @HD settings compared to its AMD counterpart the HD 6870 --http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/geforce-gtx-560-amp-edition-gtx-560-directcu-ii-top,2944.html ] OR HD 6950 1GB ~ 14500/- http://www.guru3d.com/article/radeon-hd-6950-1gb-vs-geforce-gtx-560-ti-review/

Seasonic S12II 620W ~ 4400/- [extra power always comes handy for later exploits and upgrades]

[save your hard-disk as hard-disk prices are very high right now and intend to stay this way for a few more months]

NZXT Gamma ~ 2200/- [serious space on a serious budget] -- NZXT Gamma Review - Overclockers Club

Hope this helps.

Intel Core i5 Sandy Bridge 2400 CPU for 10400

Asus P8H67-M-LX for 5600

Corsair XMS3 4GB Dual Channel for 1650

Seasonic S12II 620W for 4400

NZXT gamama for 2200

SAPPHIRE Radeon HD 6850 1GB for 10300

buy them online from smc international and prime abgb both are good and trust worthy.:)

Thank you everyone for your recommendations.

These are gr8 specs.

Which among the two should I go for HD 6950 or GTX560i ?

I will update once I get these :)

Thanks a lot guys.

subhadip0608 said:
Which among the two should I go for HD 6950 or GTX560i ?

Well, since you are going to game on a 32" incher and the res. will surely be 1080p so i suggest you get a reference model of HD6950 2GB and then try to unlock it to HD6970 2GB, that way you'll be able to get even more performance out of the gpu. :)

vivek.krishnan said:
One suggestion, if the i5 is not needed, go for an i3.

Also, +1 to ^ this.

Guys, In pune computer hardware stores are crap....can anyone suggest me a shop where I can get all these stuff?

Buying online from PrimeABGB/SMC is not a good idea as on a single item shipping charges are sky high 650-700 :( .

I was looking for a good shop in Pune about 2 and 1/2 years back and I had real trouble finding one. I am still facing the same issue now. Please suggest me dealer in Pune where I can find all these.

subhadip0608 said:
Guys, In pune computer hardware stores are crap....can anyone suggest me a shop where I can get all these stuff?

Buying online from PrimeABGB/SMC is not a good idea as on a single item shipping charges are sky high 650-700 :( .

I was looking for a good shop in Pune about 2 and 1/2 years back and I had real trouble finding one. I am still facing the same issue now. Please suggest me dealer in Pune where I can find all these.

Buy From FlipKart, Prices are similar to PrimeABGB or TheITwares plus option of COD !

ChessMaster said:
Buy From FlipKart, Prices are similar to PrimeABGB or TheITwares plus option of COD !

Flipkart as I've checked, they dont sell computer hardware. Moreover the shipping charges from Prime ABGB and Flipkart will be the same. So I was wondering if there are any dealers in Pune where I can visit and get my stuff.

subhadip0608 said:
Flipkart as I've checked, they dont sell computer hardware. Moreover the shipping charges from Prime ABGB and Flipkart will be the same. So I was wondering if there are any dealers in Pune where I can visit and get my stuff.

flipkart has zero shipping charge as far as i know i have ordered a mobile, a game dvd and a memcard from there, and recently flipkart started dealing computer periferals as well

yes i just confirmed it, shipping is free !!

Back