CPU/Mobo Wanted: A low cost combo of "Mobo + Proccy + RAM"

cyclops

Disciple
Hi

I have 2 rigs at home, one is stone age working at 500 Mhz.

I have decided to upgrade it. I want to upgrade it with the least possible budget.

Even an internal graphics card will do for me.

Remember i want only mobo proccy RAM and CABINET. If you give me a suggestion for a mobo, please ensure it has an AGP slot.
Or if you are recommending an external graphics card [which i dont think is possible] please mention Mobo + graphics card.

Is this possible in 6k ?
even lesser will do !

well just in case it is going a couple of hundreds above 6k then it is fine
max 7k maybe, but give me suggestions for both budgets. lol

Intel/AMD doesnt matter for me i.e. Celeron/Sempron
RAM should be good enough say if I put 512 MB will it leave very less budget of mobo + proccy ? Or should I settle for 256 alone ???

Give me some suggestions, with the best combos. I want a cabinet also.

I know everyone here is used to hearing high end rigs, but can you show off your knowledge in this front ;)

Sempron 2200+ (2k)
Asus A7V400-MX(2.4K)
256MB DDR333 (1K)
Cabby+psu (800 bucks)

Total ~6200 bucks.

Edit: Good for word processing and excel. Nothing else. Even browsing with multiple windows open with AV/firewall etc enabled will probably need 512MB.

Chaos said:
Sempron 2200+ (2k)
Asus A7V400-MX(2.4K)
256MB DDR333 (1K)
Cabby+psu (800 bucks)

Total ~6200 bucks.

Edit: Good for word processing and excel. Nothing else. Even browsing with multiple windows open with AV/firewall etc enabled will probably need 512MB.

i recommend the above comby. i have the exact same thing and its pretty good.
the mobo has integrated sound,video and network.i have a 5200 and sblive tho

Chaos said:
Sempron 2200+ (2k)
Asus A7V400-MX(2.4K)
256MB DDR333 (1K)
Cabby+psu (800 bucks)

Total ~6200 bucks.

I think thats the best u can get...for mobo,u can consider the MSI KM4M-V (Rs. 2,800)

Ok a some more suggestions needed
Wasp is selling me athlon xp 1700+, Nforce, 512 MB which fits my budget

comparing this with
Sempron 2200+ (2k)
Asus A7V400-MX(2.4K)
512MB DDR333 (2.3K)
Cabby+psu (800 bucks)
Which one should I go for ? remeber wasp will be a 2nd hand one while the later is new.
I am wholy deciding based on the suggestions here !

Also I found a bit at computer selection [mumbai] he told me sempron for 2.5k :( and asus a7v400 for 2.6k :(
So are the prices right ? since i am on such a tight budget....

Max was 7k now. which was possible with the above config of sempron
Give me a suggestion wasp's or this one ? sempron will have more processing power but is it worth it ?

cyclops said:
1. athlon xp 1700+, Nforce, 512 MB

2. Sempron 2200+ (2k), Asus A7V400-MX(2.4K), 512MB DDR333 (2.3K)

Cabby+psu (800 bucks)

CPU performance will almost be the same in either case. A7V400-MX will perform a little better than the nForce. So, i wud suggest the A7V400-MX. But if its a nForce2 that wasp's selling (and u missed the 2 in ur psot), then i wud suggest the nForce2.

If it is indeed a nForce2 then chances are u might need an additional graphics card. But if its plain nForce, then it mostly has on-board AGP. Depending on my budget, (if i cud stretch), then i wud go for the option - 2.

in that case i wud suggest option - 2. But if the option - 1 is available at an attractive offer, and if i am on a tight budget, I wud definitely consider that too..

I'd go sempron cos that mobo can support higher speed cpus. A7N266-VM is a good mobo but a dead end. It doesnt support 333MHz FSB and also is limited to ddr 266. However it has onboard soundstorm if that matters to u :).

Back