Wants a Mobile Phone [ Please Suggest ]

Amarbir

Skilled
Well,

thanks in advance for helping me out here ,i would like to buy a new mobile phone .i need the following facilities .

• Unlimited Address book
  • I Want To Access Internet Via It "Using USB Or Wifi Or Bluetooth "
  • 3G i Would Like To Use For high Speed Access of internet
  • Camera With Good Picture And Video Recording "Would like to take closeup pics of my material and also general photos of kids and family
  • would like to try a complete touchscreen model
  • i do not like the iphone4 i hate the design i like the older once though
  • i am strongly wanting to buy google nexus one
  • budget 30k types

Re: Amarbir - Wants a Mobile Phone [ Please Suggest ]

I would suggest, Hold your breath... NOKIA N8..

?????!!!!!
1. Build quality.. (no problem with normal use and kids...)
2. Great Camera (forget carrying P&S)
3. Full touch based.
4. HDMI Out...
5. Relatively known OS... (although old & Outdated gets the work done)
6. Easy availability of parts (considering your location is not metro..)
7. Unltd addressbook
8. Great VFM (worth every Paise spent)

and many more...

But lacks if competes against other phones in a single, read only single category....

Lolz.. 30k and poor..? :eek:

Anyways, at that budget aren't you better off buying separate stuff for your needs? Get a Samsung Monte at 8k or any other decent touchscreen phone at less than 10k. Get a Sony or Panasonic P&S at around 12 to 15k. Get a 3G data card at 3k. Memory cards and accessories should help you round off your budget at 30k. Each of these devices would do well what they do best, and there would not be any sort of compromise that you need to make if you are looking for an all-in-one device.

I can go upto 30k i am a poor man
hope it was just a joke, nexus is a good choice, whatever facilities you mentioned can be expected from NEXUS as i am using the same device

there are also other think tanks here who would suggest better, you have a pretty decent budget & believe me TE'ians are good at suggestions when its someone else's money

no offense meant to anyone.

logistopath said:
Lolz.. 30k and poor..? :eek:

Anyways, at that budget aren't you better off buying separate stuff for your needs? Get a Samsung Monte at 8k or any other decent touchscreen phone at less than 10k. Get a Sony or Panasonic P&S at around 12 to 15k. Get a 3G data card at 3k. Memory cards and accessories should help you round off your budget at 30k. Each of these devices would do well what they do best, and there would not be any sort of compromise that you need to make if you are looking for an all-in-one device.
Well,

I Would Like to carry just one item ,I had a samsung phone initially then i got a old blackberry from usa and i am using it ,It a diwali gift for myself .I consider 30k a poor mans mobile phone ,i have never spend anything of this sort on a phone .I have saved money since 6 months to buy this

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

m.khurana said:
poor man spending 30K on cellphone..??

Well,

as explained i saved 30 k in 6 months from my hard earnings
malhotraraul said:
hope it was just a joke, nexus is a good choice, whatever facilities you mentioned can be expected from NEXUS as i am using the same device

there are also other think tanks here who would suggest better, you have a pretty decent budget & believe me TE'ians are good at suggestions when its someone else's money

no offense meant to anyone.

Sir ,

Please Tell Me More About This Great Phone ,People Who use it are in love with it ..
DarkAngel said:
How about the Samsung Wave S8500 ~ 17.5k. It satisfies all ur mentioned needs and costs hell of lot cheaper :D
Well i will check this in samsuung website right away .

^^^ I can get who gets offended...
But it takes time to understand why i recommended that..

There is the best in everything, & best for the individual....

its his call mate....

Please Tell Me More About This Great Phone ,People Who use it are in love with it

i am having this phone since march this year & i am more than satisfied with what i brought & i made the right choice, all i can say is you can close your eyes & go ahead with this phone, there is everything this phone can do what you are looking for & more.

swastikrj said:
you can go for iphone 4 or bb torch or DELL STREAK

Well,

I will check these too ,How much are they for ? .
nit_the_techie said:
ya with the profits you earn 30k will be just a heck of dust for you

and about the mobile how is blackberry torch a perfect business class phone

Well,

Grass is greener on the other side always ,But you also recommend a BB torch right ?
malhotraraul said:
i am having this phone since march this year & i am more than satisfied with what i brought & i made the right choice, all i can say is you can close your eyes & go ahead with this phone, there is everything this phone can do what you are looking for & more.
Well,

That was some assurance ,Any pricing and any recommended dealer

Guys ,

did not like the looks of the BB torch ,I do not like any nokia products + dell streak looked good any idea of "where to buy " and pricing .Also how about google nexus one versus some models in android in other brands

That was some assurance ,Any pricing and any recommended dealer

the phone was not launched officially in INDIA so there is ZERO chance for manufacturer warranty, rather go for any local trusted dealer who can vouch for dealer warranty.

you know, when i was a school kid & saw THE WALKMAN first, i always dreamed of having it, saved my pocket money bit by bit & brought one & i thought "THIS IS IT"

now what i have is, phone, messaging, camera, movie, music, games etc etc etc all in one, every info one needs is just one tap away.

i never used much phone devices, brought Nokia 3310 first, Nokia 3315, then Nokia 6600 right when it was launched, iphone 3G & now nexus.
what more will happen is that, the basic features will improve like it will get physical slide keyboard, camera will improve, screen resolution, vibrant colours, ofcourse speed, HD cams & the list goes on & on & on ............

Back