WARNING! If you are planning to play trophy games on our PS3 Phat

I share your pain. First that trophy error and now it just won't let me log into PSN. Freezes and crashes everywhere. Had to format my system :(

I know it is daft to loose all your games and demos like that but it really scared me :(

How I regret had I not done that and have taken a look on Internet first :(

Most of older models got affected from this which weren't even connected to internet and on very same day :S It has got something to do with PS3's clock which has gone back to 1999 after this messup :S Was PS3 supposed to mess up on this very day ? :S

Loads of question, Sony still searching for answers.

Lord Nemesis said:
Well, this shouldn't affect offline play right?

Well, It won't let you play any game. If you try to run a game then you'll get a trophy error & If you try to connect to PSN then you'll be automatically signed out :S

The part which scares me is how on earth those models got affected which weren't even connected to Internet ? And on 1st March only :S

It does affect offline play as well, because your trophies don't load, it goes into an error and then you get a message saying please exit the game. Even if I have the internet connection disabled from the XMB network settings, the same happens... wtf.

Wow WTH? Are phat users facing this issue? Someone please confirm. I'm out of station for a week.

God damn it, the GOW 3 launch is hardly 15 dayss away and his thing had to happen! :(

Lord Nemesis said:
Well, this shouldn't affect offline play right?

This error depends on the game. If the game has trophy data then you wont be able to play the game, but some of the older game didnt have trophies so you can play them. Was able to play Heavenly Sword

And from what i have read this does not depend if your console is connected to the net or not

I was playing COD:MW multiplayer on PSN last night.. Played today morning also.. No issues with mine.. The date on the system is also not changed.. Mine is 80GB phat..

Desecrator said:
Wow WTH? Are phat users facing this issue? Someone please confirm. I'm out of station for a week.

Yes only fat PS3 users are facing this problem. Slims are running fine.

Read this :

The going theory is that the PS3 is storing some form of date in GMT, then modifying that to get whatever you see in the on-screen clock. That modification process seems to be fine--the system can take 2/28/2010, 9PM GMT, add four hours, and get 3/1/2010, 1AM random time zone.

What's apparently effed, as speculation goes, is when the internal GMT-tracking rolls over to 3/1. It's either not rolling, or rolling to 2/29, at which point a system tries to add/subtract from 2/29, which it can't do because the front-end calendar doesn't have a 2/29/2010, and sh*t explodes. Seemed to happen around 4PM PDT, which I think is 12AM GMT, so.

And the PS3 launched in 2006; it's hit 4 2/28s so far. 2007 and 2009 were odd-numbered years; 2008 was an even, and a leap year. 2010 is the first even non-leap-year the system's been around for. If some sort of base-level math is choking on itself, it may have ruled out the odd 2007 and 2009 successfully, but is convinced the even 2010 is a leap year (this part I'm less sure of, but is why leap year could theoretically come into play at some point.)

God damn it, the GOW 3 launch is hardly 15 dayss away and his thing had to happen! :(

It won't take that long and our PS3 will be back and running in few days time but problem is of unsynced trophies. if you haven't synced them with their server it is very likely that you have lost 'em.

SharekhaN said:
my phat is not connected and I have played Grand theft auto 4 twice today.

So I guess it works for me?

GTA IV was released two years back mate, Try loading a newer game such as MW2, Dante's Inferno or Heavy Rain and you'll encounter into same problem.

I won't suggest any Fat PS3 users to connect to PSN or play any game till it is solved because you may well end up losing/corrupting your save content and trophies. Sad but true, it looks likely that unsycned trophies are lost.

Sad day for fat users, If it goes like this i'll sell this one and get a slim

I guess most of us will do the same. :(

Back