Washing machine and Dryer for a bachelor ?

Mohit

Skilled
I am a bachelor and just need a washing machine for my clothes (not much in weight) and the usual bedsheets and stuff. Something cheap and easy to operate and maintain.

Please suggest accordingly. Also do I need to buy a dryer separately or they come with dryers inbuilt?

most washing machines have a spinner in them, not dryers. A spinner just rotates the clothes at high speed to throw out the water. Actual dryers are costly since they use hot air to dry the clothes almost fully. put your budget and people will give suggestions on the most vfm machine in that range.

Cheapest available but something that won't screw my clothes. I haven't fixed a budget :S

And something that won't require a lot of interference/inputs from my side all the time.

cheapest are the semi-automatics. but you need to keep an eye on them to pour water, start the timer, throw out the dirty water through a switch, and finally to remove clothes from one tub and put them in order in the spinner tub to get rid of excess water before hanging them up to dry. these come in around the 5-7k range.

after that are the fully automatic ones which come in around 14-25k range where you only have to open a tap, put soap powder in the given compartment and use the program buttons to let the wm take care of everything else.

Get a Fully automatic washing machine which is just press the button and forget types.... Have a Hair fully auto which has been working great for the past 3 years.... :) Cost me 11k in 2007

But I didn't realise they made these specially designed for bachelors :p

I think the fully automatic ones would be nice. Something around 15K maybe.

Also where does the dirty water go in a automatic one? I mean do I need some provisions for drainage. Sorry for such noob questions. This is going to be my first encounter with a machine. Had a typical maid till now who screwed my clothes every now and then :p

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

@ronnie

Which model did you buy for 11K?

Mohit said:

Also where does the dirty water go in a automatic one? I mean do I need some provisions for drainage. Sorry for such noob questions. This is going to be my first encounter with a machine. Had a typical maid till now who screwed my clothes every now and then :p

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

@ronnie

Which model did you buy for 11K?
You need a supply for water and drainage..

Once the clothes are done spinning, you wil need to dry them out for 3-4hrs, so that they are completely dry..

11-13k wil get you good ones..

If you can spend till 15k, buy a front loader. Wont damage your clothes and clean them much better. There are entry level front loaders from Onida, IFB and Whirlpool for sub-15k.

Mohit said:

Well in front loading ones whirlpools have the build quality edge.
Well you can put the drainage pipe either to sink or a wash basin drain hole.

Obviously they won't dry them completely,for that you will need a dryer which again costs around 14k and upwards.Some cheap option is this NITC although no review/user feed back on this product,costs 4k in homeshop 18 website Dryers basically it blows hot air into the cloths has a timer 15 to 180min.

Emperor said:
Some where I read fully automatic requires more water compare to semi-automatic?
yes if you reuse the water in semi automatic.But if its a front loading washing machines they are the most efficient my washing machines a whirpool SUD 701 consumes 8 liters/kg of load ,so for 7kg it will consumes 56 liters for wash and rinse cycles.

adder said:
yes if you reuse the water in semi automatic.But if its a front loading washing machines they are the most efficient my washing machines a whirpool SUD 701 consumes 8 liters/kg of load ,so for 7kg it will consumes 56 liters for wash and rinse cycles.
I have read a lot of positive stuff about the SUD 701 from people. Is it still available in India? And approximate price? Its fully automatic right?

Mohit said:
I have read a lot of positive stuff about the SUD 701 from people. Is it still available in India? And approximate price? Its fully automatic right?
It was available in reliance digital for 23k and yes its fully automatic,whirlpool as replaced it with a indian made ones such as "sport" and pud 701,on close inspection they lack the fit and finish of the SUD701 international/european standards.The new models also come with a cheap electronic control ones.The PUM701 and 702 have better simpler controls.

Beside do you really need a 7kg washing machine.The whirlpool ABM551 is a better buy then competing IFB ones,the quality while still better then IFB isn't what it used to be,the door latch are plastic before it was metal.

IF i was you i would have gone with LG Fully automatic machine... 7 kg model good to have large capacity

comes around R.s 17 K

Mohit said:
I am a bachelor and just need a washing machine for my clothes (not much in weight) and the usual bedsheets and stuff. Something cheap and easy to operate and maintain.

Please suggest accordingly. Also do I need to buy a dryer separately or they come with dryers inbuilt?
Get married ...

whirelpool fully automatic running smooth for 8 years, but go for a top loading model for sure, front loading look like better but your spine gonna get claimed a lot while using it.

Back