PC Peripherals Wat wattage PSU is enough for a 7800GT

SoulFire

Skilled
Well guys ill be gettin a 7800Gt pcie by next month,deciding atm on which card to go for,lookin for some sweet deal
my query is how high Wattage psu od i need 2 run this card along with everything else in my system,my specs are.......

Intel 3.0Ghz socket 775
Intel D915GAVL Board
2x512MB DDr 400MHZ Transcend
BIG Geforce 6200 TC 128MB PCIE
Avermedia AVerTV GO 007 Plus Tv Tuner
Onboard Realtek sound
1x250GB Hitachi 8mb Deskstar SATA
1x250GB Seagate Barracuda 8mb SATA
Plextor Px-740A DvDRW
Liteon SOHD 16P9S DVD-Rom
Creative Inspire 5300 5.1 Speakers
Microsoft Wireless Desktop ELite
Power Safe 400W PSU

Immmmm barely gathering enough money to buy teh gfx card from abroad,do i really need 2 change my psu of will it work good ?
and if so wuts the cheapest decent solution,i know for one that VIP offer good psus with three year warranty for cheap

Do let me know guys,will b making a BIG jump and getting this sweet baby:D
:cool2:

EDIT:damn ,mods plz change the title spelling

Play safe, get an Antec True Power 2.0 TP2550EPS12V power supply. It should
cost you around 7500/-. EPS is future proof to some extent in the sense that
most new enthusiast (read 'powerful') boards are now coming out with 8-pin
+12V CPU connector, as opposed to the usual 4-pin in most boards now.

Your second option is Cooler Master Real Power 550W. Cost: 7k-7.5k (SMC).

Get the Zebby 540W that Switch got. It costs 4.5K + Shipping. Its very good.

@ Yamraj, he is already running short on cash, pal. But, that Antec is one of the best that enuf dough can buy.

Freaky said:
Get the Zebby 540W that Switch got. It costs 4.5K + Shipping. Its very good.

@ Yamraj, he is already running short on cash, pal. But, that Antec is one of the best that enuf dough can buy.
As freaky said awasome PSU... Google for Skyhawk Power One... Its the same PSU

Freaky said:

Hehe! Didn't know that. :ashamed:
But then, I was quite busy with my new LG GSA-4167B that I bought today. :hap2:

andd ohh yea btw i DO NOT plan on overclocking and prolly wont b adding anything more to this rig,also my rig is on for like 20 hrs a day,so ill need something that doesent go poop if kept off for a week or so(when going on vacation)

also if u guys go here http://www.deltapage.com/
it says there that the zebronics 500W costs jus 1300,can somebody confirm that? coz 540W for 4.5k is quite a price jump and those r reputed dealers in south india

SMPS Zebronics 500 watts P4 / AMD 1300
also do all of these babies come with a three year warranty and how about replacement issues?

lol one more thing so i guessu guys r saying that this powersafe 400W is definitely a no no for my system with this card :p

thx for the opinionsssss.......keep em comin ppl

That 500W zebronics for 1300 bucks is crap... its worse than the powersafe that you currently have. I would not trust the powersafe with a 7800GT in that system. Its not the wattage that matters. Its how good the PSU actually is and how many amps of juice on 12V it actually has.

Only Zebronics 540 and 640 are the powerone series from skyhawk.

Rest are cheap crap.

Looking at your system which is quiet loaded with optical and disk drives i would recommend getting new PSU ASAP.

Even powersafe 450 used to crap out on me be it overclocked system or stock with 7800GT. Very unstable voltages and majoy fluctuations in the voltages under full load. This is not good for the health of the system.

As said get atleast zebronics 540 watt. Its modular PSU. Very good, very stable and rock solid.

I did not expect my 640 to be so good PSU to be honest. I took a chance. And it worked out. I started recommending it to others only after i tested one personally.

ahh ok that looks reallly sweet,
i might consider this deal then http://www.tigerdirect.com/applicat...b32V3rT&siteid=0029226583&CMP=AFC-AFFIL&Tab=5

since im short on cash,any opinions ?

if i dont get that i might jus stress out my folks and get the 4.5k zebby as u guys r stressing on it soo much,the powersafe looks good for 2.5k but nobody seems interested in it:p

EDIT:was jus reading that review,does the zebby cabinet also come with those many PLUGABLE wires,i mean u can plug in any of em as n when required? thats soo cool

EDIT EDIT:does the zebby one fans glow tooo,i shud jus stop posting like this but heck u guys got me excited lol

also i have 3 fans(2 LED, 1 standard) which i forgot 2 mention,have a very well ventilated system :D

also one small question,wuts the warranty on a zebby and an antec ?
do i have to go back 2 the retailer for replacement or do each of them have centres or i go2 the distributors

sorry 2 be naggy but i like 2 double check on all d stuff as im puttin lotsa hard earned money :p and dont wanna leave any room for screwups

soulfire said:
sorry 2 be naggy but i like 2 double check on all d stuff as im puttin lotsa hard earned money and dont wanna leave any room for screwups

Dont worry dude!!! Nag as much as you want..... better safe than sorry. :)

Yes zeeby is modular(lets you hook only cales you need)...

Yes it has two fans with LED in th PSU...

Yes it carries three years warrenty...

Yes you are quite exited abt this PSU

And Yes now i look like a bigger moron

if someone gets the Zebby PSU please tell me aur put a review here .... coz i am also planing to get one and can't make up my mind to invest 7k on antec :( ...... cureently i am using 400w Powersafe ...... i had a 500w but send that to home coz i have to sell this 400w when i get a new one ...... but amazingly this PSU is working just fine voltages are almost same as 500w and its stable never restarted ...... even i have played BF2 like 2-3 hours .......

wtf so ur tellin me ur powersafe 400 works good with ur 7800gtx ?

so i shud maybe jus wait to put in the card n try it,if its good then no issues or else then buy a psu if needed ?

it will work or it may not.

My 450 used to work without too much problems. But amount of ups and downs in the voltage it was having is what made me switch. It used to go as low as 11.4V on +12V line at full load. Vcore used to jump around. This is not good for the hardware. It can do more damage than overclocking using better PSU.

When you are spending 24K on GFX, spending just 2K extra for quality PSU makes more sense. You can try it on your exsisting 400 watt. See how your voltages are and what kind of stability you are getting. its its not good, then change to better PSU. As simple as that.

Back