Watch out for Tata Indicoms Service!

Where the hell are the Valley of Flowers articles? Guess what I paid Tata Indicom Rs 11,449 for 6 Months for a 512 KBPS prepaid broadband connection a couple of months ago and have been getting less than 1KB speed to browse from the time we have gotten back from our vacation.

I have been using Tata Indicom Broadband at home for a year and a half now, I was extremely satisfied with the 256KB package and decided to upgrade it. Here my friends are the start of all my problems.

From the second day of the upgrade, my connection went down, it has been fluctuating on and off and there have been numerous occasions where I have not been able to log in to the server.

I have repeatedly called and placed complains but the last call has pushed me to the edge.

Tata Indicom Customer Service

After waiting for 13Mins, I get through the Billing department, to Jayesh. I tell him that I am unsatisfied and the reason why. I ask him to do me any of the following things

Me: Convert my line back to 256 so I can then take another ISP’s connection to make sure I am always online.
Jayesh: His response was, no it’s not possible to convert your line back to 256, you can buy a new 256 Package and use it.

Me: What happens to the existing Rs 7800 odd that’s left?
Jayesh: It will remain your account.

Me: What do I do with it?
Jayesh: You can use our value added services with it like download movies etc.

Me: Can you please cancel my connection and provide me with a refund?
Jayesh: No we cannot do that.

Me: Jayesh how would you feel if you paid Rs 11,449 and not get what you asked for.
Jayesh: Sir, there is not even one complain notice on your account, how will the tech people help you if you don’t complain.

Me: I have complained on numerous occasions, why would I call you up wait for 13 minutes to talk to you if there’s no problem.
Jayesh: (Extremly rude) But there is no complaint number on your account which means you have not complained, and the tech department will not be able to help you out if you do not complain.

Me: Jayesh there is no need of raising your voice.
Jayesh: Sir there is nothing I can do to help you.
Me: Please put me onto your manager maybe he can offer me a solution.
Jayesh: No I am not going to forward the call to my manager for this.

Me: But you aren’t helping me in any way?
Jayesh: (Screaming) I am transferring you to the Tech department who will help you.

Me: But……. (Transferred)

I was too frustrated to get involved in another conversation, I just asked the rep to take down my problem. She asked me to clear my cookies and browser cache, I told her see im quite computer literate please take down my complain and give me a number for slow browsing speeds. That’s what she did and assured me it would be done in 4 hours.

It’s been three days since then and a TATA guy came over the next day I was at work, I co-ordinated with him over the phone, he said there’s something wrong with my connection. He first tested it and said that it works fine on his 64KBPS account, I gave him my username and password. He said there’s nothing wrong as its working at 256 KBPS, which I highly doubt.

I told him that I am on a 512KBPS, he said there’s something wrong with my line and would get back to me, I am still waiting, no news till now.

In short the Tata Indicom Broadband Customer Service Sucks

(I copy pasted this from my blog so sorry if some things seem out of context)

yes...i have heard lot of pwnage of tata indicom customers..too bad..why dont u swith to some other provider...or din u know that their CC sucks? :confused:

Are u using Tata indicom broadband from TTML or from VSNL ?

I have tata indicom BB from TTML and the service is excellent.

My plan is as follows :

399 / month + tax

256 kbps unlimited free download from 8 pm to 8 am.

unlimited download @ 50 ps / mb from 8 am to 8 pm.

no installation charges

modem was provided for free with no modem rental

Sounds amazing? Well its true.

I can download 1 GB or even more easily in 1 night (12 hours)

I usually browse (TE only :p ) till 11 pm and then set a 700 mb file to download, which gets finished by around 7 am. :)

Fried i understand man.. most probably a error in the server where they assign your speeds.. i usually call up the line-man in case of any probs..

and of late i've been having LOTS of timed out connections :mad:

Not to mention that the broadband wire outside my house has been cut and rejoined at 2 places, so anytime theres a slight wind, i get d/c :mad: and now with the monsoons approaching..aaargh.. :mad: :mad: :mad:

Never pay these b*stards anything in advance. For that matter, never pay anyone in advance. Even if you have to pay, negitotiate and bring it down to 30%. Or else you are better off not taking the service.

Once a service provider has your money, he does not care. That's how it is in India. For your situation, just keep pestering them until someone will have to do something.

sydras said:
Once a service provider has your money, he does not care.
Very true, not just in regards to internet, even in banks! Its patethic to see Indians are giving good support to firangis and are still being abused while we are stuck with bunch of noobs who dont know the difference between left and right.

@ fried: Ping your default gateway and see if theres any request time out in between.

Boom guys! yes from 7Star to Tata BB by VSNL. I connect on lan, my spped in the morning has gone up from less than 1 to lees than 5kb, im at work now. I have been pestering the hell out of them. Also posted about it, will make sure they loose a couple of customers who plan on taking their service for sure.

Its a pain in the a$$, i call them up from my cell phone every 2 - 3 days and the calls last for approx 17 mins, 13 mins wait time !!!!

Haha Vince im pretty sure that the monsoons are gonna f' us up in mumbai as well.

Hell its been a long time since I posted on TE :)

Airtel is known for the best CS, period.

TATA, in my books, has one of the worst. I'd give MTNL CS the award for the WORST CS, based on opinions by friends.

I applied for a TATA 512 Plan almost 2 months ago, they said I'd be informed in 72 hours, then a week.

With 3 different complaint numbers, I've yet to receive a response.

Considering their service given that I'm a potential client, I'd hate to see the kind of service I'd get once I DO sign up for the service.

Guess I oughta be content with 256kb U/L by Airtel till they launch something better.

Just my 2 cents :p

biosbhai said:
Are u using Tata indicom broadband from TTML or from VSNL ?

I have tata indicom BB from TTML and the service is excellent.
How long have you had this plan and what has your download volume been/month ?

Which city are in ?

Im facing ultra terrible service since Monday! Migrated to Tata from 7Star on 23 June....its not even been a month! Atleast 20% pings to gateway get timed out...and its a problem across Juhu...across cable operators...they all blame it on Tata.

:mad::mad::mad::mad:

Very true... Tata Indicom internet (from VSNL) is bad!!!

I have a 256kbps unlimited for 1K per month. But I am not able to download any file by Internet Explorer since the connection gets timed-out at any time. :mad:

Have to wait for some time and then refresh again (or login again) to restart the download (here download managers get handy!!!)

Cannot even keep anything for downloading overnight as it logs out after it gets disconnected... :no:
BTW friedclyde, Did they install a modem since 512kbps from TataI requires a deicated modem/router which is not the case in 256 or lesser speeds...

Strange but Tata is quite good in Pune atleast.

0 downtime since last 5 months.

Three days ago the link was going on and off. I placed a complaint at 2PM. A tech guy was at home at 4PM. He checked and replaced the cable. Now no issues till now.

I am a very satisfied customer with good speeds and support.

BTW i have a prepaid account for 6 months with 6GB limit.

call them and say you r going to consumer forum to complain if your problem is not resolved within 24 hrs. see if it works otherwise implement the threat

Back