Water Purifier suggestion

Decius

Adept
Hi All

I am looking to replace my ageing (14 years old) Aquaguard I-nova. I do not require RO as I use the corporation supplied water which mostly has TDS in the range of 100-120. I am looking for a low maintenance water purifier for purchase in the Delhi-NCR region. I cannot do without a water purifier because at times I do get the dirty water supply (read sewage mixed).

Can you guys please suggest me any brand based on my preferences.

Thanks in advance.

This one does the same as the Kent water purifier and is cheaper. You just need to drill two holes to hang it on the wall and install the plumbing valve yourself or ask a plumber. I have the non uv light version without the box. Get a uv light one since you said there is problem of dirty water and the water could contain e-coli which is very bad for health. Get an extra pre filter kit or use the aquaguard prefilter if it uses the same diameter pipes so you have two pre filters. It will slow down the water supply a bit but will increase the life of the purifier uf membrane.

Keep Minimum 6ft distance between Main Water Tank that you will connect as source water for this this type of purifiers.

I have had very bad experience with water flow, as the distance between Main Source and this type filter was just 3-4 feet.

@6pack Thanks for the suggestion. Can you please tell me about the after sales experience and availability of the spare parts. It seems they do not have their service network. In that case, I will have to do the routine maintenance myself?

I am not really a DIY person, hence asking these questions.
This one does the same as the Kent water purifier and is cheaper. You just need to drill two holes to hang it on the wall and install the plumbing valve yourself or ask a plumber. I have the non uv light version without the box. Get a uv light one since you said there is problem of dirty water and the water could contain e-coli which is very bad for health. Get an extra pre filter kit or use the aquaguard prefilter if it uses the same diameter pipes so you have two pre filters. It will slow down the water supply a bit but will increase the life of the purifier uf membrane.

@Emperor My main water tank is on the terrace and there is one more floor above my floor, so I guess it should be okay?

Keep Minimum 6ft distance between Main Water Tank that you will connect as source water for this this type of purifiers.

I have had very bad experience with water flow, as the distance between Main Source and this type filter was just 3-4 feet.

Edit: OP, if you are expecting fast water output from this water purifier like you got from aquaguard, please don't buy it. This is a very slow water purifier.
Go read my thread i had opened here on TE for more info

There's nothing to service in this system. These purifiers can be maintained by anyone just looking at one or two YouTube videos.

Everything is connected with push fit pipes. The spares are available on Amazon for around 400 for pre, post and carbon filters. Just change them every year or 14-16 months or when your water speed drops coming out of the uv chamber.
The uf filter lasts for about two years and costs around 1k just by itself i think. You need to change the pre filter whenever it gets too dirty. That's all.

Pre filter with threaded filter spares in case you don't have pre filter

Filter spares

UF membrane

##############################################

Edit: Why not RO system? By sewage in water, do you mean grey toilet water or just brown muddy water? If it's grey water, then get your pipes checked because of health concerns. Muddy water can be cleaned. Toilet water needs like RO water purifier to be really clean and life of the fingers will be really very low depending on how much bad the water supply is. If it's really bad, go for systems with AMC since you will be getting clogged filters every month or two.
Post automatically merged:

These are gravity feed water purifiers. I have mine installed at around 3.5 feet. It works as said in the brochure - about 20 liters of output water per hour. The uf membrane has that capacity and speed only. Even attaching it to overhead building tank is output water speed was the same. I even used a water cooler pump to try to speed it up but nothing changed. It's better to fill up 30-35 liters of water in a clean or new plastic storage bucket with lid for faster use like cleaning vegetables, filling water bottles etc.

Last edited:
@6pack - Thank you so much for the details explanation and the video links.

I am not expecting a fast water output. Even with my current Aquaguard, I keep a bucket of water filled for quick usage.

The current water system in my building has automatic pump connected to the municipality water supply line. The issue of dirty water happens once in a week or 10 days (possibly due to the motor suctioning in water when there is not much supply in the pipeline and hence the sewage getting mixed). The dirty water supply that I get is essentially brown and muddy; however, it has a stink of sewage. I do not get this kind of dirty water always.

These gravity fed water systems are good for normal muddy water. You don't want sewage mixed water sitting in the pre-filter. Sewage dirt will get stuck in it and you will have to clean it properly every month or replace it every 2-3 months instead of 5-6 months.
It's just 50 rupees for the pre-filter though. Maybe get an extra transparent pre filter so you can see how dirty the inside gets and when to clean it.

If you are going for this purifier, get one with UV light.

The UF + UV combination should work well, UF will take out bacteria/virus, but won't take out other potentially harmful contaminants like ammonia and nitrate/nitrite that might be in the sewage. You'd need RO for that! UV is a bonus to hit bacteria/virus again, quite common to have multiple treatments for them in wastewater reuse applications.

Last edited by a moderator:
Does anyone know where can we buy GermKill Kit (GKK) for Pureit Marvella RO+UV+UF water purifier??

The local vendor seems to be overcharging for parts (eg. he charged ₹450 for Solenoid Valve which is being sold for ₹250 and charged ₹300 for Spun filter which usually retails for ₹50 on Amazon) with no surity if the parts are original. Also, he takes ₹300 for each visit and has already made 3 visits since lockdown.

I know how to replace filters but GKKs are not very easy to find.

Back