Wd Hd Tv Player Is Here !!!!

Hi all i guess first one to get the WD player on TE . Got it delivered at 1pm , Ty u KMD this player simply rocks man !!! I thought the box and player to be like WD MY book But i was wrongg it was half the size of it its soo compact and sleeek . freakin mind blowing. i was totally mad when i looked at its size...
finally its time to play HD MOVIESSSSSSSSSSSS.will be posting a small review of the player when i test it today .. with blu ray and hd rips. till then u all can have a look at the screenshots. sorry for the image quality being okay as i am using htc touch diamond cam :( where the camers is really dissapointing. . Once again ty u KMD U ROCK !!!

uplaoded tv pic

I have already connected 32 inch LCD to PC as a secondary display and watching all HD stuff through KM player with Coreavc professional video codecs, which is producing amazing quality. But WD HD player being portable would be more handy to watch these though quality may be reduced. Anyway, lets first use it.

anks22402 said:
hehe yeah :p just copying all hd mvoies on a external hdd :p this gonna rock on my 47 inch lcd woo hoooooo ...

HDMI is pre-requisite for HD stuff :)

anks22402 said:
defiantely !!! they should have included one hdmi cable ...:( now i will have to go outside and buy it !!! damm

hehe yeah .. i dont think there should be any quality losss.. as per the reviews they have shown ..lemme test it now will come to know :p MATROSKAA HERE I COME !!!!

VGA can rope PC and monitor but cant rock :p It cant be crisp quality without HDMI ;)

sarang said:
no its not :eek:hyeah:

mine rocks over a shimple poor little vga cable.

Portable player cant be expected to be at paar in video quality compared with PC with solid graphics card and professional video codecs. Anyway would comment further only after viewing it.

anks22402 said:
hehe yeah .. i dont think there should be any quality losss.. as per the reviews they have shown ..lemme test it now will come to know :p MATROSKAA HERE I COME !!!!

Hmmm not to kill all the excitement, but embedded processor wont ever have the kind of power a PC can boast, considering the GPU, they are way way behind.

~LT

stud123 said:
HDMI is pre-requisite for HD stuff :)
HDMI is needed only for encrypted playback over Blu-ray (think of HDCP). Try using your composite and play your HD, it will play for sure :)

linuxtechie said:
Hmmm not to kill all the excitement, but embedded processor wont ever have the kind of power a PC can boast, considering the GPU, they are way way behind.

~LT
When it plays 90% of the HD rips out there, its not a big deal. Who wants all that heat output of a PC and headache of windows/windows media center :p? A player like WD has simple menu options and you just choose the file you want to play and it plays!

Pre-requisite is not from only playable option for HD but to have real HD experience, HDMI is pre-requisite. VGA/Composite makes huge perceptible quality difference and are not advised for HD.

broar94 said:
HDMI is needed only for encrypted playback over Blu-ray (think of HDCP). Try using your composite and play your HD, it will play for sure :)

stud123 said:
Pre-requisite is not from only playable option for HD but to have real HD experience, HDMI is re-requisite. VGA/Composite makes huge perceptible quality difference are not advised for HD.

No, it doesn't.
VGA = 90% of the quality of HDMI, if not the same.

But you probably think HDMI beats DVI into the ground as well, correct?

TechHead said:
No, it doesn't.
VGA = 90% of the quality of HDMI, if not the same.

But you probably think HDMI beats DVI into the ground as well, correct?

I have tons of HD stuff and watching since more than a year and used all sorts of connection. HDMI difference can be felt immediately over VGA/composite. Your 90% figure may be theoritical but practically it has huge difference. You cant look back to VGA etc after using HDMI once, I can say vehemently to everybody.

stud123 said:
I have tons of HD stuff and watching since more than a year and used all sorts of connection. HDMI difference can be felt immediately over VGA/composite. Your 90% figure may be theoritical but practically it has huge difference. You cant look back to VGA etc after using HDMI once, I can say vehemently to everybody.

Well, then you're vehemently subject to the placebo effect :)

Oh, and one more thing. You can't interchangeably use VGA and composite in the same sentence. VGA is superior even to component, as it is pure RGB, while component is compressed into YPbPr, which is then decompressed into RGB at the TV end.

Of course, I don't need to tell experienced users like yourself, that component >>> composite now, do I ?

broar94 said:
When it plays 90% of the HD rips out there, its not a big deal. Who wants all that heat output of a PC and headache of windows/windows media center :p? A player like WD has simple menu options and you just choose the file you want to play and it plays!

The headaches that you are mentioning is the one that these manufacturer try to cash on. Soon or later a new format is released and you have that feeling about left behind. In that case the whole box becomes obsolete. In case of PC, thats not true. Ofcourse if you like to be happy with old format on LCD, thats your personal taste.

The real pain is: When you really wish to watch that HD movie, but is not supported by your player, then it becomes PITA to convert one HD format to another. You really dont wish to do that. I am telling you this cause I have burnt my finger with same.

~LT

stud123 said:

+1 Agreed.

~LT

Back