Wd Hd Tv Player Is Here !!!!

^Good stuff. Have fun.

stud123 said:
My VGA cable might need replacement ;)

Ooops.. earlier message was for anks.
@stud123 - was going to suggest that as the next step. Apollyon had a similar issue with a 780g HTPC setup he'd made for a friend. Replaced the VGA cable, all was good.

Tested right now M2TS format works welll only real media audio doesnt work

will upload more pics with interface and a video by tom .. as i need to get camera from my friend.

hey i need to buy hdmi cale any idea which one to buy and what will be the cost ... didnt get it with wd player... using my dvd player hdmi ... let me knoew which one to go for ..

anks22402 said:
naga .. ur machine is ekdam higher end .. i guess time has come to invest in TV NOW :d lots of money spent on pc:D

Nah, have seen Tatasky etc on the bigger TVs of my friends. Not interested. Will get a LCD/plasma when HDTV becomes a reality. Until then, I'm fine with going over to a friends place for the really good HD movies ( projectors, amps etc setup) :eek:hyeah:

TechHead said:
Ooops.. earlier message was for anks.
@stud123 - was going to suggest that as the next step. Apollyon had a similar issue with a 780g HTPC setup he'd made for a friend. Replaced the VGA cable, all was good.

SPDIF audio output for AC3/DTS streams is certainly better than direct 5.1 channel and noway it is comparable. Similarly Digital video (HDMI) would always have edge over Analogue (VGA) as per the experts (not me) :tongue: So need not to invest further money to change VGA cable and continue using HDMI :cool2:

anks22402 said:
hey i need to buy hdmi cale any idea which one to buy and what will be the cost ... didnt get it with wd player... using my dvd player hdmi ... let me knoew which one to go for ..

Any el-cheapo cable will do. Doesn't make a difference.

You are right but cost difference is perceptable

$180 is old model A-100 but not A-110 which is in $215. WD is available in $119

congrats anks22402.

to everyone else, who might think its not worth it as compared to htpc, i wud say if u have the money, why not?

i would not recommned popcorn hour !! first of all A100 lacks lot of features and the new one which is A110 IS for like 200 $ plus international shipping of 50 $ hence and then buying external hdd so investment of 15 k .... WD ROCKSS!!! TRUST ME YOU WILL FALL IN LOVE WITH IT !! SIMPLY BRILLAINT

anks22402 said:

under 300 bucks alfa rules.

Wow- people double-posting and even triple-posting in this thread. :no:

Screw all the hdmi vs vga vs compsite vs component blah-blah.
First lean to edit posts and add comments-then tackle more intellectual stuff that i anyways can't make any head or tail about. :bleh:

j/k- but please edit posts to add anything, especially if it's consecutive.

Reps and post counts don't matter on TE and shouldn't matter anywhere.
We have people from dugout and tetti and the likes spreading misinformation and enrichening the already declining standards of TE with each passing day. :)

I could not gather it :huh:

BIKeINSTEIN said:

First lean to edit posts and add comments-then tackle more intellectual stuff that i anyways can't make any head or tail about. :bleh:

We have people from dugout and tetti and the likes spreading misinformation and enrichening the already declining standards of TE with each passing day. :)

BIKeINSTEIN said:

Dada, it's a friendly conversation, nothing else :)

Waiting reply from poster for his intention :mad:
BIKeINSTEIN said:

^^ Dont post two three times one after another. Use the "Edit" button if you have to add anything within 30 min of posting last post. Bikey wanted you to be familiar with the basic forum rules before you pick up a random argument.

We dont want to hear your user review of VGA vs HDMI....check out anywhere and you can find the difference is very less. This topic is the "Showoff of the WD media player" so please stay on topic :)....I guess you wont want any more explanation in a SHowoff thread. If you are not comfortable open a new thread (VGA vs HDMI) in General hardware section.

Back