Web Server @ home - For Hosting Lynx-india Website

Amarbir

Skilled
Guys ,

I am sick of These Providers .The Latest One Is whost.in | whost.in - Fast, Reliable, Affordable, cheap Indian Web Hosting and Domain Registration . I would Like To Implement the Following

Have a small networking rack Installed @ My Home .It will Include A Pair Of ADSL Modem + Load Balancer + Wired And Wireless Router + My Small Server [ this Has Be Be Real Tiny and Should Have a Linux OS Loaded and Configured For a Hosting Machine Where i Would Like To Install And Run My Websites ] ,This Setup also Should Serve My Broadband Needs @ Home .How Can Anyone Help Me :p

The biggest bottleneck is going to be your broadband connection. Plus most broadband connections have a ToS against using it for hosting websites.

Not to mention its going to turn out to be very expensive.

I would say forget it and get a better hosting provider. Avoid these Indian web hosts that are nothing more than reseller accounts, and start looking at Tier-1 web hosts.

BTW what issues are you facing with whost.in and what current plan are you on?

kippu said:
did you ever think out the scenario when your broadband goes off?

Well,

We Will Have 2 To 4 Broadbands Concentrated With Fail Over Support .
Crazy_Eddy said:
The biggest bottleneck is going to be your broadband connection. Plus most broadband connections have a ToS against using it for hosting websites.

Not to mention its going to turn out to be very expensive.

I would say forget it and get a better hosting provider. Avoid these Indian web hosts that are nothing more than reseller accounts, and start looking at Tier-1 web hosts.

BTW what issues are you facing with whost.in and what current plan are you on?
Well First i Just Had Websites Hosted There ,Then i Took a Reseller Account And Hosted All My Websites There ,Then i Upgraded My Plan Two Times .even Then They Said My Website Was Talking Too Much Blah Blah .Then I Was Forced To Buy a VPS Server and Host My Websites Under That As i had to time in hand and sale peak season was going on .

net said:
sick thought. just pay more if u need better.
Well,

I Am Already Paying More Then You Could Think Of For This VPS That i feel is crippled in so many ways

^ How much are you paying for your VPS currently?

If your sites are heavy on resources you are better off getting a full dedicated server rather than going for an in-home setup like this. You will never be able to match the reliability of a proper data center.

You will have to worry about power backup, hardware issues, internet problems etc. Another issues is that most of the ISPs do not provide a high Upstream bandwidth. You will have to go for premium internet plans which offers higher upload speeds and will cost a lot as well.

^ Completely agree with varkey. Not to mention you'll be responsible for security as well.

How much traffic you're getting per day? Go for Hostgator VPS plans. They're slightly expensive compared to competition, but you get what you pay for. If you find that even that is not able to provide enough resources for your site, you can easily upgrade to dedicated servers as well. Since your business depends on your site, I would say, do not compromise on things like hosting etc.

Use Indian Hosts and your gonna get this only. The website of a major lamington road seller is running on a Shared Hosting at byethost. Runs perfectly. Huge DB and 1.5GB of traffic a day, but no issues, no complaints.

The cost of shared hosting at byethost is only 35USD per year. Much cheaper than a monthly net connection.

Whats ur traffic/db size like?

If you want to have that kind of setup then get a powerful router ( which has dual wan fail over support) run dd-wrt on it and Install optware. Host the site on router itself. This is the cheapest way of setting up your own site.

Best Option : Go for a US Based Hosting Service provider ( they will eventually turn out to be cheaper and no headaches :)

@ All ,

Guys Thanks For The Same .Can You List Some Good Great People and business hosting vps or dedicated servers cheap .I will migrate to that then and give this experiment a thought

whost.in are good i am running 15 website with them all running good and ambir u will need lease line for ur server atleast minimum which cost 70k per year its of tata u have to check with respective area wise if they provide near by u as in m just busy with work may b if i get time i will put all techinal data sheet and other cons and bad too

Back