CPU/Mobo Weird problem | EDIT : Solved

Are you using a UPS with your computer?
If no, maybe running the comp off the mains might be causing the system to die prematurely. Or it could be just bad luck.

About your confusion, don't change your psu or downgrade it. From vx450 onwards you have used good psu choices.
Go ahead with option 1.

I m using APC UPS. With VX450 I was using 500VA one and now 1.1KVA one. Hence it appears that its sheer bad luck.

For going with option 1 please suggest me a good motherboard, a non-Gigabyte one. I m mostly not keen to overclock though initially I had it in my mind. I need good after sales service, rest is fine with me. Also there is a peculiarity with this motherboard, PCI-E slot is in line with SATA ports. So bigger cards like mine create issues. I can stretch my budget till 6K, lower the better.

Last edited:
look for Asus M5A97 R2.0 priced around ~6.5k.

Prices are above 7K for this one everywhere. :arghh::(
Deltapage: 7250
Flipkart: 7295
Amazon.in: 7916
eBay: 7770 (after coupon)
Snapdeal: 7295
TheITdepot: 7200
Theitwares: 7400
hardwire.in: 8500

there's a one page price list of delta page which is updated almost daily wheee the price is still showing as Rs. 6550 [ updated on 12th Oct. ] otherwise you have to opt for the LE version which is under 6k.

there's a one page price list of delta page which is updated almost daily wheee the price is still showing as Rs. 6550 [ updated on 12th Oct. ] otherwise you have to opt for the LE version which is under 6k.

Is the only option ? I m not much convinced by LE version with no heatsinks on VRM & 4-pin CPU power this one limits any little overclock potential, though I dunn want to at present and in near future.

I have mailed Deltapage about quote for M5A97 R2.0 including shipping.

Frustration makes me feel like to go for Option 3

Last edited:
One of the worst experience today in Accel Service Center.

My brother reaches there at 4.15PM. Already a big mess and chaos with approx 25-30 people standing near counter space and arguing heatedly. In next 15 mins my brother figured out the whole scenario. Someone from the crowd waiting for their turn was passing derogatory comments, whistling, etc against service center; to which other people were enjoying and laughing. After that person finished his job and left service center, females in service centers started bashing people who were laughing/enjoying. Most arguments by females were valid in terms of 'insult' of women. However it all was after that culprit left premises. Post this event they denied accepting motherboards of anyone and told let manager sort this out. Token number running at that time was 107. At 5.10 my brother left from the service center as there was not any progress.

This is the pathetic condition and sorry state of Gigabyte service center managed by Accel in Lamington Road, Mumbai. They operate from 10AM-6PM. Also one thing to note is rising numbers of people coming for RMA of boards. Considering token no 107 at 4.15PM, let say 75% of them submit board, its still ~80+ boards/day as still 2 hours of operations would be pending.

We have been there thrice but yet to submit board for RMA. Faith from Accel and products/manufacturers for which it provides warranty is lost for me.[DOUBLEPOST=1381851299][/DOUBLEPOST]I am grossly feeling of going to a screen dead laptop for day to day use.

Last edited:
too bad ... once when I submitted a motherboard [ replacement piece of the day before ] they told me there's some physical damage but when I told them that they gave it to me yesterday and denied to test it as it was 5:55 PM they accepted it.

So now again continuing in my old thread for a new issue.

I got Asus M5A97 R2.0 couple of days back. Today morning I thought of to swap motherboards. Now in order to install my Hyper 212 Evo, I need to remove the retention brackets on the board. However the 4 screws on the board are very tight and they won't turn. :(
Any specific idea how to remove these screws of retention brackets ? Do I need to follow some particular method?

I know the doubt is noobish but believe me none of 4 screws would turn. :arghh::blackeye:[DOUBLEPOST=1383236147][/DOUBLEPOST]Got a bigger screw driver and its done.

Last edited:
Damn. Feel really bad to hear so much hassles to RMA a motherboard. Went to ASUS for an RMA and I spent not more than 15 mins at the service center. The board was sent to bangalore for repair and it came back in 10 days flat. The service center even smsed that the board was back from RMA.

I was lucky my previous Gigabyte cheap board lasted 5 years. But after reading your experience I am going to stop recommending Gigabyte to anyone until they pull up their socks.

Hope the new board resolves everything with your rig. I have been without a PC for 25 days now and I know it sucks. :p

Here is an update:

Yesterday I had to collect tickets for test match, so had looped an effort to give a shot to RMA. After collecting tickets by 10, I reached there by 10.20/25. There were 2 persons before me & only 1 lady taking mobos. 1 more lady arrives by 10.40/45 followed by 2 guys who appeared to be doing 2 things; 1 returning boards from RMA & 1 testing them. Despite this I had to wait 35/40 mins for my turn, as internally they had some 'IMP' gossip to catch. On my turn, on counter where 2nd lady taking boards, was on phone for 5-6 mins. When asked for issue in mobo i said its faulty PCI-E slot. But she have invented a new slot named PSI slot & that is faulty in my mobo as per their job-sheet.

I also asked how many days it would take for RMA. Reply to this was 20-25 days as they do not have proper stock.

Though I could submit my mobo in overall an hours time, I m utterly dissatisfied with the service Accel offers. Employees coming late by 45 mins against service center time of 10-6, gossiping instead of starting off their work, using cellphones during servicing a customer & inventing new slots on my mobo. 35/40 mins of waiting time for my turn with just 2 persons ahead me with 2 persons accepting motherboards, I feel pity for who came after me.

I do not know status in other Metros & cities but the one in Mumbai have gone to Dogs.

Sad to hear ithat you continue to face hassles at Gigabyte considering they are a top teir mbd brand. I had to pick up my ASUS board from RMA and again I spent a total of max 10 minutes at their outsourced service center. I think Gigabyte needs to take a hard decision to chance their RMA partner.

Its been 24 days I have submitted the motherboard but till now no update no progress. Gigabyte/Accel gone to lower than going to dogs.

Back