Audio Weird Samsung LA32 C530 headphone problem

Aman27deep

Skilled
Hey guys,

I just got a Samsung LA32 C530 thanks to Gannu and others via the HDTV thread but i am facing a peculiar headphone problem.

When i am connecting my Sennheiser HD 202 to its back, my headphone and my TV speakers both are on at the same time, and also there is no way at all to control the headphone's volume (it is pretty low, i'd say at about 20%).

Even if i mute the TV the headphone remains active.

It is really irritating as i am a night person and watch most of my stuff at night and headphones are really important to me.

So what am i doing wrong? And what should i be doing?

Any help would be appreciated, thanks.

Did you try browsing to the sound settings and enabling External Speaker option? This will disable the TV's speakers and will output the audio to the external speakers alone. Check this and report back.

Actually I think the audio output from these TVs is not designed to be used without an amplifier.

So if it is specifically not stated as a headphone jack (rather than as an audio output, which is also 3.5mm) then you may not be able to control the volume.

Did you try connecting any speaker to it?

While using a speaker you have to enable the External Speaker option as Gannu said, and then you can control the volume through the speaker controls.

But the same may not be applicable to headphones, without amplifiers.

Please correct me if I'm wrong.

Gannu said:
Did you try browsing to the sound settings and enabling External Speaker option? This will disable the TV's speakers and will output the audio to the external speakers alone. Check this and report back.
I did do that, this just disables the TV's speakers but there is still no way to control the headphone volume.

kestrel5915 said:
Actually I think the audio output from these TVs is not designed to be used without an amplifier.

So if it is specifically not stated as a headphone jack (rather than as an audio output, which is also 3.5mm) then you may not be able to control the volume.

Did you try connecting any speaker to it?

While using a speaker you have to enable the External Speaker option as Gannu said, and then you can control the volume through the speaker controls.

But the same may not be applicable to headphones, without amplifiers.

Please correct me if I'm wrong.

No i haven't connected any speakers to it, but i did try 2 of my other headphones they gave the same problem, I was thinking that it might be a TV problem, but now i do not think it is.

So btw you mean to say i need to buy an amplifier to control the volume of my headphones?

Aman27deep said:
So btw you mean to say i need to buy an amplifier to control the volume of my headphones?

That is what I meant to say as per my understanding but since I'm not a techie so please don't buy one before confirming. :)
If you can get your hands on a headphone amplifier, then you can check.

a heandphone amplifier seems the ebst option bro.another option is to take a external speaker and connect it to the 3.5m jack of the lcd and than in turn connect headphones to the 3.5m jack of the speaker thus giving you a higher volum and also giving you a control of the sound if it has the option.

This is really weird. Plugging the headphones/speakers to the headphones out should ideally disable the TV's speakers. This is probably a fault from Samsung's side. :|

Will check with my display and get back to you Aman. In the meantime, the E3 amp. is certainly good but if you have a 2.1 system which can be used with the display, then a better option would be to connect the cans to the headphone-out from the speakers.

Are you using this display as the primary display of the PC? Or is it just the DTH service?

Gannu said:
This is really weird. Plugging the headphones/speakers to the headphones out should ideally disable the TV's speakers. This is probably a fault from Samsung's side. :|

Will check with my display and get back to you Aman. In the meantime, the E3 amp. is certainly good but if you have a 2.1 system which can be used with the display, then a better option would be to connect the cans to the headphone-out from the speakers.

Are you using this display as the primary display of the PC? Or is it just the DTH service?
yep even as i said this is a better idea coz the amp can only give you so much volume.a 2 ..1 or a 2.0 would give him a high sound.

Gannu said:

I know, i was wondering the same, cause my old CRT tv didn't give me this problem :(

Gannu said:

Yeahdo lemme know if possible, and yeah i do have one creative 2.1, i think i can use it.

Gannu said:

As of now only the media on the hard disc, connected to my dad's laptop (30 mins a day) and the local cable, waiting for the Dish TV HD to arrive.

Back