Storage Solutions What’s the lowest price a good 1tb nvme ssd went for?

You seem to be missing my point which is, one should pay around 6k for any 1TB NVMe ssd that guarantees min 600MB/s speeds under any circumstances. If you are getting something similar/better for less than 6k then go for it or if you are getting something worse for less than 4.5k from a reputed manufacturer(aka not EVM, consistent etc) then go for it. I hope you understand my point. I have no issues with someone getting crucial P3 1TB in some deal where it is costing 4.8k but I can't justify recommending p3 when it is just a few hundred rupees cheaper than SN570.
I understand that the difference of 450 bucks might be worth it for the 2 extra years of warranty.

However the constant 500+MB/s write speed, which sounds good on paper, is not something you will need when downloading/updating games. You have read some comments and are so paranoid that you will hit this speed limit every time you try to copy something to it, you're ignoring feedback from real world users here. Except for when moving Steam library from one SSD (not HDD) to a QLC, you won't notice this drop.

TLDR: Is the price difference low enough to jump from QLC to TLC? Yes
Will QLC vs TLC make any difference for actual game usage outside of benchmarks? No
Does QLC give more storage space for the same unit cost of TLC? Yes
Is there any reason to prefer TLC over QLC as a pure gaming drive? No, only during initial moving of Steam library you will see a speed drop. This is a one time thing. After this you won't see speed drops. In fact if you get a 2TB drive instead the cache would be big enough for most games.

Back