What actually is Amway business?

^ yeah i know , but when will that wait end and others are breezing ahead of us in no time :p

i guess i ll go slow n steady , focussing more on my PG entrance

contentment is the word which you must ponder on.

Just lead your own life and focus on it, and money is not the main thing try to love your work.

Faheem have said a wonderful line- earn by healing people and not by duping them.

Honestly speaking dont go these

yeah i was never going into it , people i know have been trying to hook me up since last year , more aggressively in the last 15 days or so :p , i still say NO

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

and some final words :

* Amway is an illegal pyramid scheme.

* Amway’s Kingpin companies that sell “motivation and training” products to recruits are also an illegal pyramid scheme.

* Amway criminally violates federal racketeering law.

* Amway violates California’s “endless chain” law.

* Amway masks “criminal behavior” with claims that it is in compliance with a federal Amway ruling of more than 25 years ago. In fact, Amway is not in compliance with the ruling.

* Amway induces salespeople to buy thousands of dollars of overpriced products and useless “success tools” and then to recruit others to do the same in an endless chain scheme that dooms, by design, nearly all to losses.

* Amway deliberately deceives consumers to enroll in the pyramid scheme in which they inevitably suffer financial loss.

* Amway’s arbitration rule which is intended to prevent victim lawsuits against it is unfair and “unconscionable”.

* Amway commits wire fraud and mail fraud.

patience is the key in our medical career.. when the money rain starts u need to open several bank accounts to avoid income taxes:p ( kala paisa).In our medical line there is no limit to earning ,the more u devote time to your practice the more it comes ...medical practice is the key , get the pg degree and live your life like a king size:eek:hyeah:

in private practice you are the boss and u are the servant so u dont have to be a slave of some company or a person..its total freedom , u are only answerable to your ethics and your conscience

In all the posts above, never once was the discussion about the Amway products. Amway supposedly makes premium (read as: overpriced) products like shampoos, paste, soaps, etc., but ultimately the company depends on the pyramid scheme for its income. AN article I had read a few months ago mentioned that Amway in fact earns more from the tapes and pamphlets that it makes newcomers buy than from the sale of its products. Not sure how much truth is in that statement, but I won't be surprised if it is in fact true. IMO, avoid it and be happy.

P.S: Concentrate on getting an MD/MS. It isn't that difficult if you try. ;)

My friend recently attended an amway seminar, she got hooked, she now sells amway products (she is on bench in an IT company), keeps bugging me to buy some products or join amway. The last time we met she said that she made 40k in just 1 month (dont know if its true)

40k a month is ok , but not possible within one month of joining :p , it takes 2-3 years to get 40-50k pm

A few years ago an article by Ramjee Chandran opened my eyes to a scam called Amway. He wrote the article “With Soaps in their Hands and Hopes in their Hearts” more than a decade ago but still Amway is able to thrive and survive here in India. Is it because India is full of suckers? No, obviously not. Then what are the reasons of Amway’s continued weedish existence.

The fundamental reason is the addictive cult philosophy of Amway which brainwashes a susceptible soul in believing that he becomes smart by thinking in a criminally selfish way. His greed of material objects and pleasures is sanctified and he is asked to nurture this greed. The greed takes over his life and relations. Anyone who is not “profitable” is “flushed down the drain”.

Another reason is promotion of Amway produced food supplements (Nutilite etc.) by greedy medical practitioners and private health clinics. Just look around and you can easily find their posters adorning the walls of your neighbourhood pharmacies and dispensaries. These supplements are a luxury but patients who cannot buy two proper square meals are asked to use them. In many cases they are handed out at a discount and the seller uses his own black money to cover the difference. The seller gets to the next more disgusting level of the pyramid. Of course the discount is better than dumping the soaps in the gutter to keep the ratings.

Finally, the strongest reason of Amway’s success in India is the good old black money. You will be surprised to note a high proportion of spouses of government and public service employees of all levels involved in this scam. They achieve two objectives. Firstly, a fake self esteem is achieved by calling themselves entrepreneurs. Secondly, dollops of black money are put into fair-money circulation. Many times, instead of a wife it could be a not-so-bright-and-previously-unemployed brother-in-law, or a next-to-kin or anyone who could keep mum about the source of the money.

It is sad and frustrating that Amway still exists in India and shamelessly brags its success.

The booking of criminal charges keep alive the hope that these scamsters will be shown their right place one day like others. Remember Ponzi, Goldquest….

source : Criminal charges against Amway in India : Sequence Inc. Fraud Files Blog

logistopath said:
In all the posts above, never once was the discussion about the Amway products. Amway supposedly makes premium (read as: overpriced) products like shampoos, paste, soaps, etc., but ultimately the company depends on the pyramid scheme for its income. AN article I had read a few months ago mentioned that Amway in fact earns more from the tapes and pamphlets that it makes newcomers buy than from the sale of its products. Not sure how much truth is in that statement, but I won't be surprised if it is in fact true. IMO, avoid it and be happy.

P.S: Concentrate on getting an MD/MS. It isn't that difficult if you try. ;)
yeah i know MD/MS is always on my mind , m trying hard :)

Look up MLM i.e. Multi-Level Marketting, or ponzi schemes on wikipedia, you will know.

Speakasia is the latest "Amway" you may say, heck they even give ads during Ipl.

There are ways to earn more money and faster, and also in a way that doesn't throw your ethics out of the window.

I attended the Big Daddy of Amway seminar once. Japan Life -- around ~10 years ago. Was starting my career at that time. Most of the people who had joined (I knew) had quite a difficult life post that.

These MLM doctrines and so called high affluent functional careers are totally fraud and lecherous. In fact the person who tries to encourage you for this type of operations excellence -- show him the middle finga' and avoid him for around 10 years. My so called friend who took me there, I totally avoided him after this incident. Man, people there tell you to resign your job and do all sorts of wacky and crazy stuff. The made-it-rich-honchos come (imagine circa 2000 a chikna-dude [clean shaven young] boy) with a blue tooth head-set harping and advocating MLM. I was pi$$ed to the core. After this I went to my home-town and a family friends son -- came to have a talk with me. He spoke all nice and sweet to my mom, before the meeting with me. I literally threw him out of my house once he mentioned 'Amway'.

Fraud.

Just a couple of years back I was approached by Amway agents, God these people are trained, really trained in their job to dupe. They have frequent seminars, meets where they are taught how to lure more & more people. I gave those agents a good dose & kicked them out of my premisis, never to be seen again. Also advised my contacts to stay clear of these Viruses.

I completely agree with OP when he says "an M.B.B.S not able to earn >50k/month & a 12th fail rolling in lacks". Im myself an M.B.B.S. & with great regret & repentence say "what a bullshit of a degree it is". You spoil your wonder years in books & once out are hardly able to earn. Whereas an un-educated much younger chap nextdoor is well-settled & rolling in cash. MBBS must be the worst degree around. Without a PG one is doomed & getting across PG is immensly tough. The no. of seats is very-very low.

Well, returning back to the topic, its advisable to stay away from Amway & similar such organisations.

teche said:
I completely agree with OP when he says "an M.B.B.S not able to earn >50k/month & a 12th fail rolling in lacks". Im myself an M.B.B.S. & with great regret & repentence say "what a bullshit of a degree it is". You spoil your wonder years in books & once out are hardly able to earn. Whereas an un-educated much younger chap nextdoor is well-settled & rolling in cash. MBBS must be the worst degree around. Without a PG one is doomed & getting across PG is immensly tough. The no. of seats is very-very low.
You must have not done MBBS if you were not interested then, you don't study to get cash rolling on your floor, you study to learn, learning gives a meaning to life, without learning your life is useless.

Mohit, see the goodness within yourself and not the "want" in others. The type of people you are speaking about 1. 12th Pass earning lakhs, 2. Guy out of misery -- going abroad/driving 2x long cars, 3. No proper job but earning a lot. Believe me -- add these people to your FB account and/or note down their permanent addresses. Visit them say after 15 years. And then compare your self to them. They will be bums on the street, trying some other scam, trying to make a quick buck, and out on the street there will be a longer line (am sure there is one all ready) of people cursing and shouting at them. You really do not know what skill set / knowledge you possess. I highly respect the medical profession. They are the next in line after God. Seriously you people save lives, heal us, and keep us healthy. What more can you want. It is the noblest of professions...! On top of that you cracked an MBBS seat. It is extremely difficult. Till date it haunts me that I never cleared any pre-engineering exam + lost a year of normal college due to some capitation fee mess up, since my parents could not afford it at that time.

It is tempting when one starts their career afresh to be side lined by big-mouth/money show-offs when comparisons precedent the futuristic reality of life. You crossed one big toll-gate; gain some solid experience from your job and the MD will be an easy. Gloat and bask in your personal glory. The halo around someones crown has no affect on you. You will do good -- for sure....!

teche said:
Just a couple of years back I was approached by Amway agents, God these people are trained, really trained in their job to dupe. They have frequent seminars, meets where they are taught how to lure more & more people. I gave those agents a good dose & kicked them out of my premisis, never to be seen again. Also advised my contacts to stay clear of these Viruses.

Well, returning back to the topic, its advisable to stay away from Amway & similar such organisations.
well honestly speaking i didnt like the way you are cursing your MBBS degree , though in a way i m also complaining here , but i never said that i m a loser by doing MBBS not giving me enough and others earning in lakhs ,

yes it does hurt me when i see degree/ethics scoring over these money making schemes , i just wanted to know wat it actually is and wats their modus operandi ,

to be honest with u m very happy to get a MBBS degree first of all , wud have been great if straight out of the college i was given a fat pay cheque of over 1lac pm :p , it was not to be so :bleh:

never mind i have still not lost hope of a MD degree 2 years post my graduation ,

ok coming to the point why i started this thread ,

i was invited by a friend of mine 2 years senior to me in my college, now doing a permanent govt job as a doctor since 3 years earning 50k pm - to his home one evening last week ,

i went there unsuspecting of anything as usual , he had 2-3 guys over his place and one of them was also my common friend , just a a hello/hi type friend - (with whom we usually say hi/hello while passing on the road or sometimes when we meet in some social gathering kind , hope u understand :p )

now after shaking hands we sat down ,this my occasional hello/hi friend ( not my college senior) , took out a writing pad from his laptop bag and asked everyone to pay attention over the next 30 mins , esp me , --- ok -- fine

he starting out with what u want in life , - financial freedom , tension free life , foreign trips. permanent ever growing income , unlimited , infinite -watver , ok -- (thats wat i guess everyone wants , universal dream of all ), i said yes why not :p

after dishing out few more seductive dreams for over 20 mins he also showed me photographs of his higher ups on his laptop (the so called up- line in this field ) enjoying a 5 star cruise, and other various foreign trips pictures and videos which they have had over 2-3 years , me quite impressed , :p like anyone wud be , he finally said , all these persons have achieved this through this business which is called as AMWAY

when the name amway finally came up , i said , oh so that was the plan for that evening at my college friends place - who himself has been trapped ,

now the other part , they kept on blabbering some other mouth watering delicacies , i was asked for my complete name , address which the guy was supposedly typing on his laptop with the screen not visible to me ( he was sitting right opposite to me)

so i was not able to see the screen and other guys were continuously telling me the benefits of amway and before i cud realise , he had registed me for amway through his sponsorship link , he had already paid via his credit card the sum of rs 995/- and gave me my so called ABO no, telling me sir , congrats , now u have got the license to do amway business as independent business owner , i was like WTF!!!!!

i told him i never said yes , they were insisting that we r giving u a very good future life and as ur friends we have to push u for ur good future which we r really concerned and its friends duty to push other friends to achieve great heights !!

OMG , i was like wat is this all about , before i cud even realize i was an ABO and now 2-3 day later he is asking me for rs 995 and my identity proof so that i can get a welcome kit from amway and a permanent license for 1 year ,

license for wat , - to sell toothpastes and soap , dam!!

i have not paid him and will not give my id proof and all insisting me to go to meetings/seminars every monday in my city and fridays in other city and other home meetings which can take place any other day for so called motivation and business expansion !!

omg before i cud realize i m in a trap - the so called honey trap !

thats why i have turned to u people is it real that they people earn so much have such a good lifestyle after achieving a certain level and its true that all kinds of people from diff walks of life , doctors / engineers and other well settled persons are A PART OF AMWAY already as i attended 2 seminars aand they were like packed houses as if a blockbuster movie is going on , with people cheering and shouting and clapping " YES WE CAN "

i m sure of doctors involved as well coz i saw many of my seniors and my college professors also taking down notes from the meetings - OMG wat was going on

and the event host was encouraging people to stand up and clap when the so called diamond;s member name was announced , all stood up , clapped and i was like why shud i stand up and clap for some one , just because he is earning the so called 4-5lac cheque pm ,

is money everything in life , looks like yes when i saw the crowds gathering up to attend this seminar ,

no more words , longest post i have typed on TE :p

Back