What actually is Amway business?

^^

First of all, get your personal details de-registered from Amway. If really your friend paid on their portal. Technically you are an AOB or what the heck that is.

Which city are you from...?

One of my friends' here had called me once to his home for some "presentation" and upon asking what it was, he said Questnet (another MLM fraud). On hearing Questnet, i blasted that guy to try to make me a scapegoat since he had invested (wasted) in this fraud and now wanted me to also do that same.

Have never talked to him till date.

One of my not-very-close relative too had come home once to talk about this BS and i blasted them, they were offended but screw them. Never talked with them.

These MLM frauds makes one loose friends and relatives.

teche said:
I completely agree with OP when he says "an M.B.B.S not able to earn >50k/month & a 12th fail rolling in lacks". Im myself an M.B.B.S. & with great regret & repentence say "what a bullshit of a degree it is". You spoil your wonder years in books & once out are hardly able to earn. Whereas an un-educated much younger chap nextdoor is well-settled & rolling in cash. MBBS must be the worst degree around. Without a PG one is doomed & getting across PG is immensly tough. The no. of seats is very-very low.

Getting a degree doesn't really entitle you to anything more than that. However, it does make things much easier and you have to work less hard for a decent if average living as an employee. How many 12th fail guys do you think are rolling in lakhs as opposed to working in dead end, unsecure jobs making less than <5k/month as opposed to >50k?

^ yes this is another pyramid scheme kinda stuff when u go deep inside and understand , but amway people always keeps refuting this ,saying NO NO NO , this is not pyramid , LIES!!

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

asingh said:
^^

First of all, get your personal details de-registered from Amway. If really your friend paid on their portal. Technically you are an AOB or what the heck that is.

Which city are you from...?

yes i am a registered ABO now :( ( its Amway Business Owner- ABO and now i have got the license to stock and may be sell amway products as a door to door sales man ) , and i m from Amritsar in Punjab.

as far as the law regarding pyramid schemes is concerned actually they have found out a loophole how not to be exactly called a pyramid , these people are clever

well, my father was also made an ABO in a similar way.

However we only use the privileges of the discount of 20% to buy products for ourselves as some of their products are really good.It's been more than a year and till date haven't sold a single product.Although some of my mom's colleagues do buy some stuff off her sometimes but that's on a no-profit basis. Maybe you can follow this approach.

ubergeek said:
is thi another pyramid scheme kinda stuff ?

MohitPreet said:
^ yes this is another pyramid scheme kinda stuff when u go deep inside and understand , but amway people always keeps refuting this ,saying NO NO NO , this is not pyramid , LIES!!

Aah pyramid. I think I get it. Aren't the structures used by ancient Egyptians for burying the dead. Makes sense. These guys bury people in these scams and squeeze out their happiness.

@mohit, these people are clever and the words are too sweet, more then honey;). They are just taught how to dupe others.

Even i too had to face such a meeting when one of my elder bro called me, later they gave a long lecture about another such pyramid-dewsoft. I told those buggers that i need time to think and now i just avoid those:)

@Mohit buddy do wht you love in your life, what your heart tells you which it seems is MBBS. FOLLOW YOUR HEART BUDDY. This pozi scheme are all fakes. Once my wifes friend visited me and he had given us some gyan on this amway scheme. He was telling me i earn 80k pm. i was suprised. But the moment i saw his torn shoes i was enlightened. A guy earning 80k can't even wear some proper shoes.

This all scheme are totally bogus.:)

After continuous persuasion by peers (read spouse) and watching lots of ads on tv and newspaper I've finally paid close to 30k and joined SpeakAsia (Yes I accept, I also want easy Money). Let's see how it goes. Will update

@bigbyte : Congratulations bro, now one of 2 things would happen:

a) You will make money on it at the expense of more than one guy loosing his/her honest hard-earned money.

b) You will not make money, actually end up loosing your honest hard-earned money.

Whichever suits you better....

rocker123 said:
What exactly is Speak asia all about /??

The same old chain system ?

And i guess the opening fee is 11k, not 30k
if it is the one where one gets 2k for every member he introduce & then after meeting target it goes to 5k per member & then royalty without any intro (earned by the downline)

then it is 30k, one of my colleagues fell for it, he came from other state to work here, hence didn't know much this scheme & thought he could earn fast buck.

the person who introduced him was also my colleague & was also behind me. after my colleague fell for it which i didn't know, i just happened to ask him one day, "hope you haven't got into this mess" there was a typical reaction on his face, i was like OMG!!

rocker123 said:
What exactly is Speak asia all about /??

The same old chain system ?

And i guess the opening fee is 11k, not 30k

11k is for one id, to make best use of the system you have to start with 3 id's (2 just below you making a binary pair) and you get back 3 immediately (1k for each id and 1k for pair) so total investment is 30k.

Heh, Amway still going strong after all these years. Heard about them a long time back, same promises as usual. Almost got sucked into it before a good friend spent an hour with me and utterly killed the idea. He had a lot of influence over me and was older so i trusted him on it.

The ppl most vulnerable to these sorts of schemes are those uncertain about their future. Therefore any developing country is excellent ground to exploit this insecurity.

They make you believe you can do anything, which is good in a way. If you think like that then why only do Amway you can do whatever else you want. Course the trick is to motivate yourself. Greed is a one way, a thrist for knowledge & achievement is another or maybe you just like doing what it is you do, there can be any reason.

Technically, there isn't anything illegal about it. Just that you need to understand there are targets to meet. And those targets are not as easy as its made out to be. If you are in a position where you can exploit the situation then you are onto something. But someone without the skills of salesmanship is going to struggle. Selling is all about emotions, if you are an analytical person then this isn't going to be a strong point. Unless you have influence and exploit that which means you're going to be higher up rather than somebody just starting off. Otherwise you're a born salesman. if that 12st pass can make big bucks, just imagine what he could do selling other stuff.

To succeed at this you've got to be able to make somebody buy stuff 5 mins after meeting them. You have to be a very astute study of human psychology to do that. Make them trust you in a short while and then work them and bag the deal.

The hack here and far easier win is to get others to buy into the deal than actually sell the products isn't it. This is why more ppl have heard about amway 'scam' than know about the actual products they sell. I bet Amway makes more money through this ABO business than actual proceeds from their products. So if you are a good public speaker you can score far more customers for your ABO than with your friends & relatives. This is the best route as you don't risk any relationships at all.

Back