What apps have you actually bought?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ios - Forest, notability and infuse.

Forest actually helped me reduce my Screen on time significantly, making me more productive.

I like Infuse a lot and use primarily because it integrates with trakt and my local jellyfin server and scrobbles to trakt everything. But its UI is not as intuitive as nPlayer which unfortunately doesn't connect to trakt.
I have full version infuse sideloaded as the lifetime was just too expensive, I think it is $80 something right?

Android
Nova launcher prime
Lumio Cam

iOS
Procreate
Art Studio Pro
Luma fusion
Affinity photos
Affinity designer
Infinite painter

Slightly OT.. But do app developers on Google's Play Store earn more from the ads, or if you purchase the ad-free version?
For example, there's a downloader app that I use for convenience, which I really like. I intend to continue using it. The ad-free version is around Rs. 100. Would the developer not make more if I continued to use the free, ad-supported version? I mean, instead of that one-time payment?
Asking from the perspective of someone who'd like to support the dev in whatever way he can.
Technically, yes. Ads will bring more revenue in the long term than a one-time payment.

But, there are several things to keep in mind:

1. Buying the app with an one-time payment helps the dev to leverage interest from angel investors, showcasing how his/her users are converting into paid users.
2. Not having to deal with pesky ads in your face, meaning a better experience of what the dev intended.
3. One-time payment will act as a lump sum revenue for the dev, rather than drip-feeding ad-revenue every payment cycle.

Thus, it's always beneficial to purchase app with an one-time payment. Such is the reason why F2P games always rely on battle passes rather than ads to collect revenue.

Apple:
Many apps for 3 to 5 years old kids (more then few thousand $ few years back)

Blackberry:
Lot of productivity apps/themes (all are dead with blackberry now)

Android:
Lastpass
Todoist
IFTTT pro subscription using 7 applets daily.
Some battery app (not using anymore, development stopped)
MS Office/OneDrive/OneNote (came bundled with O365 subscription)
GPO2 (offline poker game)
Simple Gallery Pro
Swiftkey themes (decade ago)
Viewdeo
Titanium Backup (not in use)
Zoho Mail
Few more not using since those are dead and couple more dont re-collect.
Raindrop.io bookmark manager yearly subscription on list, searching for a better free or less costly alternative

Windows 2000 to Windows 10.
Lots of softwares

I have a habit of trying the apps first (if full version available) if the app shall be really helpful and friendly, will surely go ahead and buy the premium for same.. (support to developers and to use product/app effectively)

USB audio player pro.. Thats all.. Was worth the buy inorder to use dacs and dongle.. Later switched to hiby music player which is free and offered usb audio

Here are the apps which I've bought:

1. Nova Launcher
Got it with Play rewards that I had accumulated over a year.

2. Droidcam X
Got it because my laptop (2020 ROG Zephyus G14) doesn't have a webcam. Works great.

3. HandyGamepad Pro
Got this as I didn't have a good controller to play MSFS 2020.

4. Minecraft (not an app)
Used to play this from dubious sources but liked it a lot so I bought it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back