What apps have you actually bought?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are there any paid Android apps that are worth purchasing?
Nope. None that I know of anyway. Except in some situations like when I needed a call recording app I didn't bother spending 700 rupees for it and it has been worth every penny since. So there may be some worthy apps specific to your needs, but no, none are worth in general.

Malwarebytes premium lifetime license(before they went subscription model)
Norton 360(for a different device)
Net uptime monitor ( needed for my work and useful in WFH scenario)
3 x Win 10 x64(for 3 devices)
LinkedIn premium ( tried and felt not useful to me )

some PC games in boxes( the orange box, AC1, 2 etc)
100s games on steam
some games on GOG/EPIC games/humble bundle/Uplay/indie gala

Nope. None that I know of anyway. Except in some situations like when I needed a call recording app I didn't bother spending 700 rupees for it and it has been worth every penny since. So there may be some worthy apps specific to your needs, but no, none are worth in general.
does it announce before call recording.

Recently purchased "Apollo" app for reddit. I use it extensively and wanted ability to block subreddits from /r/all. I know on reddit website we can do but only 100 or so. Here it is unlimited. But then there is no cloud sync or so which means, if I uninstall apollo, all those settings are gone.
Not too sure about how it works but my list of filtered subreddits and blocked users stays even on a fresh install as long as I am using the same reddit account. Though I don't have over 100 blocked subreddits.

You can check if the feature is requested here https://apollo.fider.io

Not too sure about how it works but my list of filtered subreddits and blocked users stays even on a fresh install as long as I am using the same reddit account. Though I don't have over 100 blocked subreddits.

You can check if the feature is requested here https://apollo.fider.io

Yes if you blocked a subreddit on reddit's website, that blocks are linked to your reddit account which gets carried forward everywhere. But reddit doesn't allow more than 100 subreddits to be blocked. In apollo, I can block more subreddits but the blocks are NOT linked to my reddit account and hence if I reinstall apollo, the blocks will disappear and I will have to do it again.

Back when I purchased it, it was 350. There's no other app like it. I'd pay 700 too.

I'll suggest you to try it for 2 weeks for free and find it out yourself.
I've installed this. Will try it out and see how it goes. I need to spend the money I got from Google rewards as it's expiring soon.

Can't say for sure. Definitely not Tasker and JOIN though. Some might have ad supported free versions or limited functionality free versions.

I like to buy stuff which I find really useful to support the developer as well. Not many of us are willing to do stuff for free for anyone. So if someone does, and I have the ability to reward them for it, I try to do it.

Ios - Forest, notability and infuse.

Forest actually helped me reduce my Screen on time significantly, making me more productive.

Rather than paying so much for an app which again wont work guaranteed, better to shift to a custom rom and enjoy such important functionalities and much more for FREE!

Rather than paying so much for an app which again wont work guaranteed, better to shift to a custom rom and enjoy such important functionalities and much more for FREE!
What happens when the developer stops work or support on the custom rom ?

What happens when the developer stops work or support on the custom rom ?
Hardly happens these days and this feature is either in-built or an apk which can be flashed across any roms incl stock.
For stock rom if you do not wish to flash custom, just temporarily root it, flash that apk/zip etc. then remove root and enjoy recording!

Also, shifting roms these days is as easy as 123. And I"m using custom roms for past 7 yrs so can vouch that devs these days never fallback nor run away from dev as many people are eager to contribute to the dev team.
And

Slightly OT.. But do app developers on Google's Play Store earn more from the ads, or if you purchase the ad-free version?
For example, there's a downloader app that I use for convenience, which I really like. I intend to continue using it. The ad-free version is around Rs. 100. Would the developer not make more if I continued to use the free, ad-supported version? I mean, instead of that one-time payment?
Asking from the perspective of someone who'd like to support the dev in whatever way he can.

Purchases I've made off the top of my head - Handy, Horse Anatomy, Dog Anatomy, Mara3d (Essentially, art reference related).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back