Monitors What are the affordable 22" LCDs out there, apart from Dell?

d_payne said:
Hey all,

Thanks a ton for the replies. Am not a professional but graphics design and post-processing/photography are my chief hobbies. :)

You are right about the Dell, it was 23k when I'd initially set my eye on it...but now it's gone up again.

Which city is the Viewsonic 2235WM available for 22"? I"ll be in Mumbai after a month or so. :D

Thanks again!
Payne

graphics design and post-processing/photography...?
Well that monitor is EXCLUSIVELY NO for you....:bleh:

I just happended to test two 22 inchers...one from dell.... utter crap, please do stay away from them.

besides the whole 'colour' thing, these 22-inch panels seem to have horrible contrast ratios...

rio^^ sorry pal the dell's equally crappy.

^^eddy the samsungs are good panels as we discussed but grossly overpriced at 50K. The 204T should be around 22K before its a good deal. There's a 215BW that's a 21.3 inch WS PVA panel, but it doesn't seem to available in India ATM. I asked gulbir and even anil (astronomy)...

Thanks to stormy for the new contact :D

the vx2235/2245 are marginally better than the 2 panels I tested.

Jayesh said:
Chote Sarkar, please tell us the model numbers of the two 22" LCDs that you tested.

eh??? who's this...how the hell do you know my gaao name????? :p

asus's 22 incher mw221u or something, dell's is the the 228wfp i believe :D

vij said:
graphics design and post-processing/photography...?

Well that monitor is EXCLUSIVELY NO for you....:bleh:

Whoa! Thanks again! :D

Am currently working on a laptop since the past 2 years of grad-school, so umm...am guessing most of these displays will kick my Acer 4102's 15.4" lappy TFT outta the water anyday, anyway. :eek:hyeah: The config is pretty decent - P-M 1.73Ghz, 1.25GB RAM, and 100GB 7200rpm HDD all displayed through a Mobility X700 on that 15.4" WXGA...was anyway only going to use a VGA output for the connection cuz this card doesnt have a DVI connector also. :D

I shall take the advice well though. :) I was very very tempted at the 22" for the sheer size of those things for only 3k more than the entry level 20" Dell. :D

I want a big screen though! :( Ah well....

Thanks anyway,

Payne

Chaos said:
^^There's no 215BW. The PVA WS panel is 215TW lol.

Ahh. My bad...I stand corrected. But isn't that a beautiful panel?? Looks good, and should perform well. No-one in India has the feckin thing though

Back