What crackers ban?

N

NotMyRealName

Even when it's their own health and lives on the line, people will still never learn...

Inhuman:

fireworks_EPS.jpg

Was pleasantly surprised with the Mumbai behaviour this time. It was noticeably quieter and people were a lot more in tune with not bursting crackers like crazy. For the first time I didn’t find the overhang of gunpowder in the air even for Mumbai standards

I dunno but people in my area did burst crackers which,at times, were disturbing. There was relatively less nuisance compared to last years.
Since we are on topic, I thought crackers with salts of baryium, arsenic and other harmful chemicals were banned by supreme court and only green crackers approved by Petroleum and Explosives Safety Organisation were to be bursted.
There is a reason why Scandinavian countries top most of the health and welfare indicators and India is amongst the lower ranks.
Nothing seems to work here.

Sorry, take my words back. Peeps are going crazy with rampant bursting of fire crackers. Seems like there will be no Diwali after 2020.

Last edited:
We didn't bought new crackers this yr but had small stock of last yr so blasted them. Obviously cannot dump them into dustbin for any unusual blast right???

It's amazing that in today's age something that pollutes air and noise to this extent is still legal. People used to blame congress for "minority appeasement", what is this then? If they had the guts to take a stand they would have banned it long ago. And enforced whatever bans are there. ESPECIALLY in places like Delhi so severely affected by it. All talk and no action as usual.

If people are least concerned about their health, then the govt will be more than willing to reduce its burden. They have other areas where the machinery can be used..

Even when it's their own health and lives on the line, people will still never learn...

Inhuman:

View attachment 93812
Isn't their any law or rule in India for safety of workers working in dangerous conditions?These peoples are sitting on pile of aluminium nitrate which ignite even with minor friction heat and they are using steel sieve and container.If this powder goes off there is nothing anyone can do to save lives of those working in these factories as loose powder will burn in fraction of second and solidified powder will explode.Saw a video years ego where chinese workers were making crackers they were working 2 persons in group with little amount of powder and had atleast 100 feet distance from other group.When they had finished making from that set amount of powder they deposited crackers and took another set amount of powder again to make crackers.it seemed much safer then this.quantity of powder was low and distance among workers was good so if something goes wrong with one group rest are safe here no one seems to take any precautions

lol. This reminds me of one of my stupid posts at:

Edit: It was posted by me in: Oct 29, 2014
@puns , To an extend, my autistic prediction rambling became a reality now. So, I stand vindicated :)

Last edited:
Back