What did you buy or do once you realized "You Only Live Once"?

Everyone should visit Amsterdam once in a lifetime, the RDL on a Friday evening..you can very comfortably walk around with your partner without any guilt. Everything happening there is legal and a far better experience than Vegas.
But please don't film anything, respect the performers...they are no less human than us.

Me personally would rather buy the Sennheiser HE1...the divorce headphones and spend my last few evenings with it.

Everyone should visit Amsterdam once in a lifetime, the RDL on a Friday evening..you can very comfortably walk around with your partner without any guilt. Everything happening there is legal and a far better experience than Vegas.
But please don't film anything, respect the performers...they are no less human than us.

Me personally would rather buy the Sennheiser HE1...the divorce headphones and spend my last few evenings with it.
Hehe I knew it will come from you. What's RDL? You want the HE1 because you have almost done everything else ;)

Sorry, it's RLD...it's literally called that ( Red Light District)..no man, I haven't heard those crazy Abyss headphones..yeah, caught your drift, but there are things I missed out on and now too old..
Bought my current PC!!!
1.5 lakh on 40 k salary counts as a splurge right ;)
Absolutely...I did a similar thing in 2010, bought a MBP with a month's salary, you're really brave brother...happy gaming, your salary will soon cross the cost of the PC.

Last edited:
Sorry, it's RLD...it's literally called that ( Red Light District)..no man, I haven't heard those crazy Abyss headphones..yeah, caught your drift, but there are things I missed out on and now too old..

Absolutely...I did a similar thing in 2010, bought a MBP with a month's salary, you're really brave brother...happy gaming, your salary will soon cross the cost of the PC.
Not interested much in gaming, doing my bit to bring back AMD, working on unreal engine and designing softwares.
Would like to know more about you though .
I work on conferences and trade shows btw.

RDL makes me think Romanian Deadlifts.

MBP?

Tandem sky-diving 6 years ago. Want to experience some other high-adrenaline activities like bungee jumping, paragliding, scuba diving, sky-diving (again :p ), etc. at least once before death.
While I was waiting for my turn for sky-diving, I saw a 70 year old grandpa who sky-dived before me. Seeing him living his life to the fullest at such a ripe old age was really an inspiration. I won't forget the huge smile he had while walking back after his jump. I really wish and hope I can be like him in my old age - healthy and happy!

Tandem sky-diving 6 years ago. Want to experience some other high-adrenaline activities like bungee jumping, paragliding, scuba diving, sky-diving (again :p ), etc. at least once before death.
While I was waiting for my turn for sky-diving, I saw a 70 year old grandpa who sky-dived before me. Seeing him living his life to the fullest at such a ripe old age was really an inspiration. I won't forget the huge smile he had while walking back after his jump. I really wish and hope I can be like him in my old age - healthy and happy!
Noted these things to do for life. Life is simply more than just sex drugs and gaming.

Did a Road trip on US Pacific Coast (Seattle to San Diego) for the best scenic views, and the Southwest (arizona, utah) region along the canyon.
Also, had an Indycar and Nascar Driving experience at the motorplex.

Noted these things to do for life. Life is simply more than just sex drugs and gaming.
You can do paragliding while you are in Bir. It is genuinely a very nice spot known all over the world for paragliding. However, experiences in India can be a tad underwhelming because of the stingy nature of our tourists. I still haven't gone myself just because of that despite living over here for 6 years now. Thankfully, I have some friends now who can take me on a tandem ride worth going for.

You can do paragliding while you are in Bir. It is genuinely a very nice spot known all over the world for paragliding. However, experiences in India can be a tad underwhelming because of the stingy nature of our tourists. I still haven't gone myself just because of that despite living over here for 6 years now. Thankfully, I have some friends now who can take me on a tandem ride worth going for.
I postponed my trip fearing the cold. It is will be very cold this winter. Bir is on my list for sure :)

Nice thread..will try to add few experiences ( few are dangerous, please don't try them)
Exploring islands in Greece...without a guide...Google maps don't work. We ended up spending the night at a kind stranger's house.

Getting lost in the main market of Istanbul. Came across some sweet shops in the bowel of the huge market, which reminded me of Kolkata and the awesome Bengali sweets ( except in Istanbul, everything was jumbo sized) Found the only legal store of opium!! We were stuck in there for 4 hours, watched an entire football match with the locals.

Another crazy great experience was the jump from the cliff of the sacred rock in the warm water below @ Pula ( Croatia).

Anybody here into ice skating? I'm no good at it, but love the sport. Broke the left ankle during my second ice hockey match in 2013. So no more ice hockey ( it has become my divorce sport), my son loves it too. Ice hockey is our nation's cricket!!
Kind of scared to calculate the costs involved in these travels. Scandinavian countries and Italy ( specially the water taxi at Venice) were really expensive.
Scandinavian adventure including the Northern lights is a big one, but don't want to bore you people with those ( as those activities are very common and not really any lifetime experience..as we can go there rather easily)
However the ferry service from Estonia to Scandinavia was a memorable one, where I plan to retire.
BTW, if you think Europe is expensive, once in France, please explore the weekend market of Beaulieu in southern part of France. Don't waste your time visiting the Eiffel tower or "The" museum.
There are better museums in France.
If anyone planning to visit Europe next year, you can drop me a PM, I am confident that I can guide you to breathtaking places where travel agencies don't go.
If you're traveling alone, instead of spending thousands on hotels, live in hostels, will save a lot of money and you may get lucky too.

Last edited:
Back