What did you think of the The AIB Knockout-The Roast of Ranveer Singh & Arjun Kapoor?

Did you like the Roast?

• Total voters

Ray

Disciple
MUMBAI: Police have initiated an inquiry into a complaint against filmmaker Karan Johar, actor Arjun Kapoor and Ranveer Singh, which alleged that the trio had used "filthy and abusive language" on a show.

According to the written complaint by Akhilesh Tiwari, president of Brahman Ekta Seva Sanstha in Mumbai, filed at Sakinaka police station today, the trio, along with other performers allegedly passed abusive and offensive remarks against one another and even at the audience during an episode of the AIB Knockout, a comedy show, police said.

The episode, which was uploaded on YouTube and other websites last week, has gone viral.

In his four-page complaint at Sakinaka police station, Tiwari sought a criminal complaint against Johar, Kapoor and Singh as well as the show organiser, among others.

"I have handed over a letter to Sakinaka police demanding a criminal complaint be lodged against these so-called youth icons Karan Johar, Arjun Kapoor and Ranveer Singh. The show, which can be seen on YouTube and other websites, was extremely abusive and it is not only ruining the clean image of the Indian culture & women, but is also misleading today's youth," said Tiwari.

Read also: AIB Knockout - Highlights of Ranveer Singh and Arjun Kapoor's roast

The 43-year-old complainant claimed that the programme was organised in south Mumbai on December 20 and was uploaded on websites last week. "I sought action against the event organisers and other performers as well, who passed dirty comments with such audacity. The police action would be a deterrent to them so that they would not dare to do such acts publicly in future," he said.

Prasanna More, senior inspector at Sakinaka police station, told PTI "we have received the written complaint. We are inquiring into the matter. Once we reach a conclusion, appropriate action would be initiated, if required."

46098121.cms

The show started off with Karan Johar announcing, "let the filth begin."

Other performers had cracked jokes at audience that included actors Deepika Padukone, Sonakshi Sinha and Alia Bhatt, the complaint said.

Maharashtra government has ordered an inquiry into the three-part AIB Knockout videos.

"Officials of the culture department will examine the videos for the content. If found vulgar, further action will be initiated," cultural affairs minister

"Officials of the culture department will examine the videos for the content. If found vulgar, further action will be initiated," cultural affairs minister Vinod Tawde said.

The first video of the three-part AIB Knockout on YouTube cautioned users - "following video is filthy, rude and offensive".

Source: http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/...-for-filthy-language/articleshow/46098072.cms

I found the show funny and I think people are overreacting to a comedy show.It is shameful how our fundamental right of speech is being curtailed.

People are so hippocritical when they say the show is "ruining the clean image of the Indian culture & women".Eveybody uses foul language.

I quite enjoyed it and was laughing my ass off. There were enough disclaimers before the show, verbally and written. The controversy is just being blown out of proportion, and some people are trying to seko-fy apni roti in the jalta tawa, to gain their 15 seconds of fame.

Too crude for my taste, didn't bother watching the second and third parts.
That being said i'm all for freedom of expression and it really pisses me off when the moral police shows up especially on the internet, if anyone doesn't like it or feels offended close the damn window, not like your browser opened automatically and redirected to youtube. Like @mrmash said some of these political parties have nothing better to do especially MNS who got their asses whooped in the assembly polls and are now here just for attention.

Now an FIR has been filed against AIB and Youtube in Pune too.

Internet censoring is the only time these people remember 'bura mat dekho, bura mat kaho, bura mat suno'

AIB was a grand stage for abusing the shit of celebrities and each other...
Dint even find it funny...

But FIR is just ridiculous how ever crude it was... the next will be FIR for making silly jokes in public... lawl...

if only the 'janata ke sewak' had such pious thoughts prevailing in their minds before displaying their gladiatorship in & outside the parliamentary arena, before assaulting common folk on the streets, before vandalising public & private property, before embezzling the country's money....but after all, shouldn't they get a chance to make their presence felt, and what better way for that than by displaying acts of 'chest-thumping' & 'bravado'?!

BTW, did the show have MC-BCs too flying around, amid female audiences & guest actresses (if any)?!

Last edited:
The show was beyond anything I have seen with mainstream media personalities. I was like I cannot believe they said that. I was laughing and I enjoyed it.. Why? Cause I don't get offended easily and it was truly an unique experience. Yeah some of the jokes were very vulgar and distasteful but it was someone's joke and everyone should have the freedom of expression...

"Indians" are so easily offended that it kinda funny... They talk about Indian culture and society while the image outside of India is becoming of a nation who is known for rapes, racism, poverty, slavery and harassment of women.

One of the common arguments was oh we are copying the west like America with these jokes that it spoiling the youth... Ofcourse its influenced. We live in a connected world where cultures overlap. Regarding spoiling youth, give me a break we have enough problems to worry about rather than worrying about showing on camera how people on the street actually talk.

This will never come in mainstream TV so internet is the only medium for it and its intended audience.. If they had not taken down the video it will never come off the internet as youtube wont take down a video based on silly complaints.. That's real freedom.

@Kilroyquasar Yup there were. Even the females were laughing their guts off. Deepika, Sonakshi and Alia who had a lot of jokes directed at them took it in the right spirit and laughed along.

Last edited:
BTW, did the show have MC-BCs too flying around, amid female audiences & guest actresses (if any)?!
It did. Also there were homosexual innuendos and what not.

The Maharashtra govt. has ordered a probe on whether any regulations were violated on taking clearances, etc. Thankfully they're not for moral policing.
I think that the courts should decide (and not the politicians) if any laws were violated like indecent behavior,etc.

It was great that they brought the Roast to India. And I dont even mind the crassness as long as they are a part of actual jokes. Unfortunately there were very few. I mean do I laugh everytime they say lund chut and fuddi?
But there were some really good ones like - Only good thing Ranbir has been in, is Deepika :D

I hope they continue the roasts, but make it more funny not just abusing (though abusing is good, it needs to be a part of the humour, not the humour itself)

And Karan johar has to be less descriptive of his sexual positions. Like Im not homophobic, but I dont need that image in my head. >.<

If Jeremy Clarkson was forced to apologize for Top Gear India Special, then these guys should be hanged.

What did the testosterone loaded morons dressed as jesters do.....? I never saw the show, just news snippets.

I agree with what others have said. I think AIB is a very crass, juvenile and most importanly unfunny in my opinion. But these reactions from moral police are f***ing ridiculous.

humour, all in the name of jokes, with disclaimers, viewer discretion, all this aside, what i seem to be unable to grasp is that amid all the calls for women's dignity, respecting women and behaving respectfully with them, esp. in today's times, how can women themselves partake and laugh and apparently enjoy in a street-talk fest, replete with innuendos & expletives that have been traditionally (everywhere) directed at women, and being hurled as paper-missiles in the air, esp. in India (where it seems the favourite evening past-time of the hormones-high males, with loads of unspent energy, is increasingly becoming eve-teasing/abusing/molesting/forcing women). though i have seen some women themselves speaking in such a manner on street at times, mostly in serious situations, or reacting with rage at someone who uses expletives, but am sure that even these women celebrities would cringe and revolt in fury if some male members/siblings in their homes were to indulge in a riyaaz of expletives-hurling among each other, any sort of pre-declaration or humour-note, discretionary-notice notwithstanding.

anyway, that's just me. if the fairer and better ones find something empowering (in a feminist way) in it, more power be to them! personally, i've never enjoyed off-colour 'humour' (its like a horror movie to me that only has cheap scares in the name of suspense and horror), though i know its akin a norm between friends, and often a street-language. but i've detested it among friends too, and had an unseen limit to it (whatever that may mean). abusing each other is fine & am and have always been game for it, but that by way of abusing and using expletives for each other's female friends/relatives, even if in boy/man-talk jest, i've always had a predisposition of little tolerance for it. in fits of rage, at times, yes, we blurt out such things, but doing it knowingly, even if in some humour, i can't understand how/in what kind of good/right spirit (can) women take it. though i haven't watched the show and hence may be i am reading too much into it. but if people have enjoyed it, then good for them. can't say more. there will always be all kinds of people. all have different tastes, opinion, perspectives, preferences. we can all learn to contain our sensitivities as well (moderation!).

BTW, reading about the (recent) boko haram & isis carnages, this topic here seems to be a non-issue! :( :rage:

Last edited:
but if people have enjoyed it, then good for them. can't say more. there will always be all kinds of people. all have different tastes, opinion, perspectives, preferences. we can all learn to contain our sensitivities as well (moderation!).

Well said. I can't go around telling people to stop drinking, just because I don't drink.

BTW, reading about the (recent) boko haram & isis carnages, this topic here seems to be a non-issue! :( :rage:

Big fuss is usually made out of non-issues to deflect from the actual issues. Politicians all over the world are experts at this.

Back