What did you think of the The AIB Knockout-The Roast of Ranveer Singh & Arjun Kapoor?

Did you like the Roast?

• Total voters
It seems, people in this country take pride in being offended even by the slightest humor or controversial statement made by anyone famous. It's like a national pastime to create a controversy and start a witch-hunt just because their collective sensibilities were hurt. It was a joke-fest albeit a crass and crude one, the jokes were amateurish but funny I suppose, I laughed a bit, skipped to some parts and moved on, that's it... moved on. Nowadays people can't seem to do that, they want some sort of retribution from people who cracked jokes at the expense of others who were okay with being humiliated in the first place, heck they volunteered to be publicly shamed.

Forget the politicians and moral brigade goons who always take the high ground, these primitive minded people prey on the masses sentiments, they drum up all sorts of hypothetical scenarios involving your mother, father, sister etc etc. **** these sociopathic idiots. Nobody put a gun to your head, made you sit in a chair and and turned YouTube on and forced to watch the AIB roast, It wasn't even on TV, If you think you're gonna easily offended then don't watch it. it's as simple as that.

It seems people have forgotten that they have a choice to opt-out of being part of the social media and viral sensation scene, they want to stay relevant so when everyone is discussing something controversial, they don't want to be left out.

No harm, No foul

Last edited:
Big fuss is usually made out of non-issues to deflect from the actual issues. Politicians all over the world are experts at this.

yes, agreed; although the Culture Minister of Maharashtra stated that the Govt. doesn't intend to do 'moral policing', and he tweeted thus:

"On #AIBRoast, will only enquire if the AIB had taken appropriate certificate. No moral policing... if they are allowed by law, I can't stop them."

that's an appreciable statement, and should be followed in intention too. i think we can also give credit to these universally abhorred species when/where its due. ;)

(though some victims-of-habit people/parties seem to be eyeing this as an opportunity to exhibit their 'machoism' on streets in their own traditional infamous manner, in hope to somehow cover and make up for their electoral losses!).

Last edited:
Not sure why this was not posted:
http://goo.gl/FsemNM
IMO, height of hypocrisy.

I hope these AIB guys are thrown in jail. Not for offending, but for selectively apologising to powerful groups while they seem unconcerned about offending groups that do not wield as much leverage.

If these thugs have any spine, I challenge them to do what Charlie Hedbo did. No need to send them to jail after that :)

Last edited:
All this simply shows that our countrymen have way too much free time and freedom in their hands to mow down the freedom of others.

Indians are caught up too much in their false pride over their so called 'culture' and 'heritage' and all the moral policing over it.

Our countrymen love talking big about our supposedly great culture and traditions, but p1ssing on roads and sh1tting on railway tracks seems to be the extent our so called culture.

Our people love to announce to the world the great culture that always had such a special place for women. Like trying to kill them off when they are still in the womb and if they somehow manage come out and survive a year, they are considered prime candidates for raping. Till a while back, our great country had one more great tradition named sati (which involved so respectfully roasting the wife of a dead man alive along with his body indicating that a woman has no right to be alive after her husband is dead). Had it not been for the 'culture-less' British barbarians and had RSS had its way, more of such great culture and traditions that we had would still have been alive.

People here behave worse than bloody primitive animals and worse of all, try to justify their actions using the same culture and traditions excuses. Just look at the extent of respect they show for each other in their real lives. But they still have the audacity to talk about vulgarity in some comedy show which was not even meant to be taken seriously.

The show was beyond anything I have seen with mainstream media personalities. I was like I cannot believe they said that. I was laughing and I enjoyed it.. Why? Cause I don't get offended easily and it was truly an unique experience. Yeah some of the jokes were very vulgar and distasteful but it was someone's joke and everyone should have the freedom of expression...
Same. I thought indian comedy has a future when i saw the show. Enjoyed it, my sense of humour does veer off into the brutal and abusive. But there is a knack in doing a good put down. That is what i think people do not get. They hear it literally and do not get the bigger picture. basically its their comprehension of the english language that sets them apart.

"Indians" are so easily offended that it kinda funny... They talk about Indian culture and society while the image outside of India is becoming of a nation who is known for rapes, racism, poverty, slavery and harassment of women.
Law empowers you to be offended. section 295-a brought in 1929 by Jinnah was to be used only for malicious or deliberate intent. Its been misused grossly since. I say either remove it or amend it. It creating a country full off overly sensitive people. or rather its allowing power grabs by those so inclined.

One of the common arguments was oh we are copying the west like America with these jokes that it spoiling the youth... Ofcourse its influenced. We live in a connected world where cultures overlap. Regarding spoiling youth, give me a break we have enough problems to worry about rather than worrying about showing on camera how people on the street actually talk.
Indicative of an isolationist mindset that is meaningless today. 70% of our fuel and 50% of our GDP comes with interacting with the outside world. This swadeshi business isn't sustainable in today's globalised world.

This will never come in mainstream TV so internet is the only medium for it and its intended audience.. If they had not taken down the video it will never come off the internet as youtube wont take down a video based on silly complaints.. That's real freedom.
right so what can be done. They can only charge thee people so long as they reside in the country. Since these guys dont want to immigrate what is their workaround. See, it isn't the consumer that has the problem, but the content creator. As far as i understand it they are going after who provided the venue in bombay. They dont want public meetings with such content. Does this mean if you shoot in a studio and upload that you are ok ?[DOUBLEPOST=1424362608][/DOUBLEPOST]
What did the testosterone loaded morons dressed as jesters do.....? I never saw the show, just news snippets.
You can find the whole thing in youtube.

What did they do ? made themselves very approachable to the common man. ie go watch their movies.

Great PR idea that promoted the roasters as well as roastees.

Last edited:
BTW, reading about the (recent) boko haram & isis carnages, this topic here seems to be a non-issue! :( :rage:
That's all to do with corruption. To get a job someone needs to get a commision or share of your salary. Extremely poor governance. Where to get anything doen the so called secular state wants bribes. Well the religious guys can't be bought. When the state pisses you off to such a point these extremists become more powerful.

hobson's choice really , some twast that goes on about religion in exchange for real justice vs a state that has its hand out and whose goal is to extract resources.

Back