What exactly is Government of India doing?

Nah! Never in my life!! It was beyond my wildest dreams. Though somebody sent an apology mail, yet to receive the map from local corporation. I thought every civilized nation has some form of detailed map for every town/ district etc. Even African countries do!!

India has too. Every municipality has detailed survey maps and I believe most places have GIS.

My Hindi is very poor, that can be one reason. The emails I'm getting are well written, requested for some incidence related data via email, and received everything in nicely organised excel sheet etc.
The maps were requested over phone in broken Hindi. Hoping for proper maps now.
Don't understand why the doctor contacting me is speaking in Hindi, he can write English pretty well. I stayed up all night yesterday, but no real work has been done yet. Need those ****ing maps ASAP.
Post automatically merged:

India has too. Every municipality has detailed survey maps and I believe most places have GIS.
Must have those. Survey maps would be of great use, not expecting multilayer GIS.
If they send me ML GIS, it would be just awesome. We have great tools to use GIS as the base of micro mapping. Since it's possibly not waterborne, we don't need to take water bodies under consideration, but will include sewage drainage.
It's such a challenging job....God! Please send me the ML GIS...

Something is going wrong...managed to watch ABP Ananda...everyone is fighting with cause of death in covid 19 patients.
Wake up India, after 3rd May, you won't even have time to count bodies and now you are fighting over cause of death. Of course a virus can't cause death, it will damage organs resulting in death. Every death is basically cardio respiratory failure, so do we write it as cause of death ??
WTF is going on!! Is it too difficult to write covid 19 positive, or strongly suspected of covid 19 with negative RT PCR in death certificates?? Where did all the common sense go??

Taking my words back, received very detailed maps.
It's around 5 in the morning here. I am almost done with Das Nagar, Howrah. It was difficult, considering the population density.
However, think I did a decent job. If they can adhere to 70 percent compliance, outbreak will be prevented ( with working public transport) 58 percent compliance ( without/ upto 46 percent public transport) both assume > 90 percent private registered vehicles ( calculated 3 passengers in each car, 2 in two wheelers) couldn't include bicycles ( no data). Did include 100 percent of usual trucks etc. through 2 highways.
Anyone from Howrah here?
India does have some dedicated govt. employees.
I forgot the name of the Bengali guy from the Howrah office. He was up with me the entire night.
He probably never seen this kind of work being done and seemed very interested in the calculations. He is the real hero ( earns less than a thousand euros after working 25 years in the same job!!) These guys are true assets of a country.

Last edited:
lol indian govt workers are only known for their corruption but many of them work hard and selflessly and in most cases were smart enough to get those jobs aside from bribes etc. imo it is many of the so called corrupt guys who actually know how to get things done coz they have studied the system proactively albeit for their own benefit.

Very true, usually the corrupts guys are more competent and know how to work efficiently. This is probably true for almost all countries.
For a country like India with such low pays ( central/ state government) this is expected.
A good worker needs some financial motivation.
Seen my father struggling his entire life financially, despite being a mechanical engineer, working his entire life under state government.
After doing MD in medicine, I had a decent job in a large corporate hospital. Life was comfortable. But the corporate culture was killing me.
The HR made life hell for having long hair and few arm tattoos and earrings!!
Now both my hands, neck, chest are covered in tattoos. But no one gives a shit about these things. I probably don't have any neck tie now, attend meetings in shorts, tees, slip-ons in summers, jeans, leather jackets in winters. No one gives a flying **** about these unrelated things.
I have attended international seminars, presented papers in at least 20-30 such seminars in t-shirts ( available in YouTube) nobody cares.
This is the thing I love most in WHO. The work culture is awesome. Almost everyone in the world of epidemiology knows I was a junkie, as I talk about my story openly.
Sincerely hope, India someday will understand it's the work that defines a person, not external appearance.

Now both my hands, neck, chest are covered in tattoos. But no one gives a shit about these things. I probably don't have any neck tie now, attend meetings in shorts, tees, slip-ons in summers, jeans, leather jackets in winters. No one gives a flying **** about these unrelated things.
I have attended international seminars, presented papers in at least 20-30 such seminars in t-shirts ( available in YouTube) nobody cares.
This is the thing I love most in WHO. The work culture is awesome. Almost everyone in the world of epidemiology knows I was a junkie, as I talk about my story openly.
Sincerely hope, India someday will understand it's the work that defines a person, not external appearance.

idk about others but the folks i've worked in healthcare related psu's would always be open to being taught though me and few of my colleagues left because of this kind of sad politics. i am willing to admit being wrong but that is sadly something we can't accept in india without nasty consequences. if your are wrong you are a criminal in india. you need to understand that aspect.

Time for some hard truths:
1. There won't be any EFFECTIVE vaccine in next 5 years or never.
2. This social distancing craze will gradually fade away ( human nature)
3. Ignorant people will realize it's much worse than influenza, but better than resistant pulmonary Koch's
4.From May, India's death toll will start rising, few areas ( will reveal them on 2nd May) will be far worse than US/ Italy/Spain ( Don't know how's that possible, but on theory it is, I wrote 19 death certificates in one single night shift, may be some poor soul will write 50)
5. Peak will take a much longer time to reach ( entire blame goes to this blanket lock down) may be around August- September
6. We possibly will lose a generation between 60-70
7.This lockdown will go down in the history as one of the worst implementation of emergency preparedness.
Anyone wanna put on a bet, pm me.

Time for some hard truths:

3. Ignorant people will realize it's much worse than influenza, but better than resistant pulmonary Koch's
4.From May, India's death toll will start rising, few areas ( will reveal them on 2nd May) will be far worse than US/ Italy/Spain ( Don't know how's that possible, but on theory it is, I wrote 19 death certificates in one single night shift, may be some poor soul will write 50)
5. Peak will take a much longer time to reach ( entire blame goes to this blanket lock down) may be around August- September
6. We possibly will lose a generation between 60-70
7.This lockdown will go down in the history as one of the worst implementation of emergency preparedness.
Anyone wanna put on a bet, pm me.
India covid cases will rise again that I am sure, once the lock down is lifted. The moment they start resuming public transports including flights it will sky rocket.
So people who have common sense will still follow social distancing. I for life am not going to shake hands anymore, heard that stopping that would even reduce the common cold, avoid elevators. Will always wear a mask outside my comfort zone.

If people followed the rules we could have stopped this dead on the tracks, If people followed rules we would have less road accidents.

We all know covid 19 is more dangerous for people with compromised or poor immunity, right?
Now what is the worst form of immunodeficiency?
We all know HIV and AIDS right?
So far after going through few hundred papers found only 1 HIV case report from Wuhan ( survived) 4-5 patients in a Lancet study ( all survived)
So, according to this small sample size HIV patients have zero fatality rate with very poor immune status.
How does this explain the theory of covid 19 causing increased fatality in immunocompromised?
First with the correct explanation gets 100 Euros.
Ok with you people?
I can explain it, not complicated at all. One of my colleagues is yet to pay may me 1000 bucks for it.
Since you are not into medicine, will drop in a clue, it has got nothing to do with their CD4/CD8 counts, nothing to do with antiviral therapies they are on.
It's easy now!! Come on people, you can do it.
Expecting blr_p to take up this challenge, as he is closely following these things

Last edited:
I think you posted in the wrong forum mate.[emoji28][emoji28]
Even on medicene test studies lots of lobbying goes to promote or supress a drug. The medicenes with patents expired will be shot down in studies, only to promote a very expensive patent protected drugs, that can sell for 100 or 1000x the price of the former drug.

I read all and come up with my own conclusions.

I guess with gifted tech forum members with this kind of insider knowledge on medicine red_dragon is posting in the right place. ;)

I think you quoted the wrong guy. Adder is definitely not a troll.
True that. He's not a troll.

But I couldn't resist taking a dig at that statement.:)

This topic is not Comet Lake vs Zen 2 multi /single core benchmarks we are talking about that anyone with enough effort spent on reading reviews on th internet can learn about.

This stuff requires real effort and time to earn multiple degrees. If this was that easy then we would be seeing our forum members filling in for doctors in quarantine centers.

Heard lock down in Mumbai/Pune or or state got extended till 18th May.
I think this game is going to continue till there will be zero cases around which might take another year easily.

Heard lock down in Mumbai/Pune or or state got extended till 18th May.
I think this game is going to continue till there will be zero cases around which might take another year easily.
What?? Each day after 3rd will take the economy back by few years. Modi at his best. The virus will kill 1 generation, Modi will kill 3!!

What?? Each day after 3rd will take the economy back by few years. Modi at his best. The virus will kill 1 generation, Modi will kill 3!!
Modi actually has already ordered opening up of even non-essential shops today in green zones. How successful or devastating it will be, we'll have to wait and see.
I think this particular decision is taken by the State Govt just like Telangana said 7th May instead of 3rd May.

He still is not thinking about the complete economic destruction. Forget the daily wagers. My friends @ Amazon are suffering, most engineers and higher management staff are getting 35-50 percent paycuts.

Senior doctors are donating juniors 35 percent of their salaries in huge private hospitals. Even direct covid fighters are not getting paid in full.
I should return the received money now. They can pay me after a year. These guys must be saved.

No, it's real easy, just think about what the virus depends on most to cause the damage. It only has a strand of RNA.
I'll play along.
So the virus uses it's ACE receptors to latch on. Then it starts multiplying and destroying your cells resulting in an immune response. If immune response is too severe, it results in cytokine storm which further leads to multiple organ failure.

So how does it cause increased fatalaties in immuno compromised people when the small data you have shows all HIV patients survived.
The only reason I can think of is that their immunity didn't go into hyper mode resulting in the cytokine storm. But that still doesn't explain increased fatalaties in other immunocompromised people. Sorry, but that's the most technical I can get. You have already said, it's not the antiviral therapies they are on which could have suppressed the virus multiplication, which would have been my first guess.

True that. He's not a troll.

But I couldn't resist taking a dig at that statement.:)

This topic is not Comet Lake vs Zen 2 multi /single core benchmarks we are talking about that anyone with enough effort spent on reading reviews on th internet can learn about.

This stuff requires real effort and time to earn multiple degrees. If this was that easy then we would be seeing our forum members filling in for doctors in quarantine centers.
Your dig was misplaced. What adder mentioned does not require multiple degrees. You can read up about those things online as they are related to politics, lobbying, lawsuits, business, profiteering, cover ups, ethics.

Back