What happened to ebay.in?

iPwnz

Brutally Honest
Skilled
I know that Flipkart acquired it and then dumped it. I thought it was going to go back to being a standalone site. But I tried to open it and got this.
Is ebay India dead? Any alternate site for used component for diy?

ebay in Untitled.png

ebay India dead ? ................................. yes !
is there a chance of getting a similar site for India ? No :(
how about 2Gud site ? its actually too bad !

They switched to a cross-border B2C model for Indian sellers since taking over from Flipkart. But do miss it as a buyer as you could easily buy stuff off other people and also get items listed on AliExpress within days for not too much of a mark-up. I was active on it as well but GST really killed it as they required individual sellers to list the GST number which didn't really make sense.

Sadly, ebay India is dead. I miss those days when you could get very rare pc/laptop parts for a good price. I revived 2 of my old laptops (dell inspiron and acer timeline) using parts bought from ebay. I was able to find and purchase all parts of old laptops even the hinges.

Sadly, ebay India is dead. I miss those days when you could get very rare pc/laptop parts for a good price. I revived 2 of my old laptops (dell inspiron and acer timeline) using parts bought from ebay. I was able to find and purchase all parts of old laptops even the hinges.
Yeah that was why I opened eBay the other day. To look for laptop parts and others.

I know that Flipkart acquired it and then dumped it. I thought it was going to go back to being a standalone site. But I tried to open it and got this.
Is ebay India dead? Any alternate site for used component for diy?

View attachment 99194
Bruh, GST ****ed with so many Individual sellers. Who would spend time filing and going through the confusing GST process as an infrequent seller. All those people moved to OLX and elsewhere. International free trade ceased. And they govt was making tax money on each transaction. So stupid.

I totally understand it. GST is way too high and people won't buy used parts with such high taxes. 18% is a scan. Olx free market is good but looking for specific parts like used components is virtually impossible on that platform.

So eBay.in will be back?
It is still there for sellers to sell globally but unlikely it will ever return to operating from India as a local e-commerce platform. But then all international eBay sites are accessible to eBay users for purchase, though realistically one would only be purchasing items originating from China for free/cheap shipping (Indian items on ebay.com for instance are over-priced and directed at the export market).

^Flipkart alone is not responsible for that, people too.

Secondly, ebay was very untrustworthy and common people didn't understand how the trust model worked. ebay sellers were first ship Nirma bars even before any other online store

Secondly, ebay was very untrustworthy and common people didn't understand how the trust model worked. ebay sellers were first ship Nirma bars even before any other online store
You got the order wrong. It was the buyers who first started scamming ebay sellers with expensive phones being returned with soap bars inside & then sellers start scamming buyers resulting in a self destructive chain.
@kuduku

You got the order wrong. It was the buyers who first started scamming ebay sellers with expensive phones being returned with soap bars inside & then sellers start scamming buyers resulting in a self destructive chain.
@kuduku
Thats true, I sold an graphics card via ebay, buyer claimed he did not get it. Courier (dtdc) said buyer came and took delivery. Long and messy affair, ultimately I took dtdc to task and made them pay for the loss . They made the franchisee,from where I booked the article, pay for it.

Great explanation btw you've answer to this question "who comes first egg or chicken?".
HR asked me in last interview round.
Technically it is egg based on biology/evolution but I doubt interviewers are looking for that so in my opinion just tell them "whichever you want to come first".

Just posting to remind how Flipkart killed the only online place to find cheap electronics or screws or connectors which were not available anywhere and you didnt want to wait for 30 days from AliExpress
Olx but you need to be in a metro for decent stuff
Yeah please don't remind about this. No matter how many years pass by this is still going to sting badly. I don't know any other country other than the Great India not having eBay

Thats true, I sold an graphics card via ebay, buyer claimed he did not get it. Courier (dtdc) said buyer came and took delivery. Long and messy affair, ultimately I took dtdc to task and made them pay for the loss . They made the franchisee,from where I booked the article, pay for it.
[OT] reminds me of the hard time I had with DTDC. I couriered a laptop through my friend with insurance. Screen was damaged. However, the booking guy forgot to specify but he got the charges for insurance. It took me some 5-6 months to get the claim for the damage

Back