What happens to files and photos after subscription expiry? M365 & Google

_Root_

Disciple
I currently have Microsoft 365 subscription and have my files/photos are stored in one drive, I am considering to switch to Google as I have a student account which offers unlimited stoarge.

1. What will happen to files after M365 subscription expiry?
2. What will happen to my google account after I am no longer a student?

ActiveExpired
(30 days*)
Disabled
(90 days*)
Deleted
Data accessible to allData accessible to allData accessible to admins onlyData deleted
Azure Active Directory is removed, if not in use by other services
2. You can perform a Google Takeout which will give you the ability to download your Drive files. You will be able to select the information you want to download.

I currently have Microsoft 365 subscription and have my files/photos are stored in one drive, I am considering to switch to Google as I have a student account which offers unlimited stoarge.

1. What will happen to files after M365 subscription expiry?
2. What will happen to my google account after I am no longer a student?
Whatever the case is, keep a copy in a local drive. I was told that there are instances where these companies ban an account and all data is lost. Probably they do some security scan and if they find any copyrighted material, entire account is banned and you cannot even get a single file back. For your question, each service retains your data for specific amount of time. Call the support itself as sometimes these policies vary country to country.

Nice topic , faced a similar issue a month ago , overlooked that my 365 subscription was about to expire ... now tons of file all lost , although i can see files when i access the 365 storage , unfortunately unable to download them , My husband is going to kill me if he finds out :coldsweat::coldsweat::coldsweat:

Nice topic , faced a similar issue a month ago , overlooked that my 365 subscription was about to expire ... now tons of file all lost , although i can see files when i access the 365 storage , unfortunately unable to download them , My husband is going to kill me if he finds out :coldsweat::coldsweat::coldsweat:
Take a one month subscription, download all content and close subscription.

Take a one month subscription, download all content and close subscription.
Thats what i was thinking , May be if i could find a way to automate the process of migrating the onedrive data to google drive , it could save days of hard work , when i have to backup over 850 gigs of cloud data ...

Whatever the case is, keep a copy in a local drive. I was told that there are instances where these companies ban an account and all data is lost. Probably they do some security scan and if they find any copyrighted material, entire account is banned and you cannot even get a single file back. For your question, each service retains your data for specific amount of time. Call the support itself as sometimes these policies vary country to country.
This is a good point, but I wanted to avoid whole data management part and running a NAS hence opted for cloud service.
Thats what i was thinking , May be if i could find a way to automate the process of migrating the onedrive data to google drive , it could save days of hard work , when i have to backup over 850 gigs of cloud data ...
There are few software's available to automate this, you can opt for their trial and get transferred.

Any reason you are moving from OneDrive to Google?

Not just banning an account, some random guy can hack the account and block your access. If it is important, you need to organize offline access to those files.

Back