What Investment mistakes you made that you want others to avoid?

strange you message didn't appeared last time, it only visible to me only now.
mfonline - "Bhaktmali Services Pvt Ltd" this one ?

ETmoney - don't want to trust them (gut feeling).
Plus to use their website i just had to lower the protection level of ublock origin. lastly seem like an APP only platform.. i dont do any financial thing in mobile.. im not in this app installing business.

Looks Kuvera is the path to go.
If one wants to do portfolio tracking then Kuvera is certainly good, however, a con according to me is it requires SIPs to be setup/cancelled 10 days prior to desired date which is flexible on Coin as their SIPs are actually lumpsum transactions.

If one wants to do portfolio tracking then Kuvera is certainly good, however, a con according to me is it requires SIPs to be setup/cancelled 10 days prior to desired date which is flexible on Coin as their SIPs are actually lumpsum transactions.
Iinm, the con with Coin treating SIPs as fresh transactions is that if a Fund stops accepting fresh SIPs in its schemes, the SIP via Coin can no longer continue.

Another Kuvera user here !! No complain what so ever.

I have recently started a SIP - for the purpose of defeating the small EMIs, like those fk/amazon EMIs while buying electronics (mobile, TV, laptop etc).
Idea is like, I don't need a phone right now, but still saving 5k each month in a SIP (Axis Midcap to be exact) and I'll take the needed amount when I buy the next phone/laptop. And will continue the SIP, as mobile upgradation is a recurring thing. (for me every 3/4 years, still :D )
Even if I get 0% return, I will save on those EMIs. And anything more would be an addition to the guilt free upgrade !!
(iPhone 15, I am coming :p )

Last edited:
Is someone willing to guide a beginner like me or can link some resources which I can learn from?
Try these. If this is overwhelming, might search in youtube for specific topic you want to learn - investment in general or MF (what/how/which?) or equity trading etc.

Anybody invested in 'UTI Nifty200 Momentum 30 Index Fund' ?

Is there a locking period for this fund ? Performance and methods seems to be interesting.

Generally starting an SIP - a systematic investment plan for your investments is always a good thing, starting of young is always better as time is always going to be on your side. Sharing this across for those new to the market, do let me know if anyone has any questions about the same.
Slide3.PNG

Do you guys also watch any Youtube channels related to investments?
Can you name or link them?
1. Recently I have watched few videos from this list
He covers many beginner friendly topics, for investment in general. In one video he talked about His investment strategy. Not that people should follow that, but it shows a way and when you are a n00b in some field, such things helps.

2. This list I am watching to get a grasp on Fundamental Analysis of stocks.
Most articles or many videos gives the general idea of the topics, but this guy throws some of his opinions about various factors (like say some X ratio should above Y value etc etc). Though I don't know the validity of those yet, but I am keeping note of those and will compare with what others say on similar lines.

1. Recently I have watched few videos from this list
He covers many beginner friendly topics, for investment in general. In one video he talked about His investment strategy. Not that people should follow that, but it shows a way and when you are a n00b in some field, such things helps.

2. This list I am watching to get a grasp on Fundamental Analysis of stocks.
Most articles or many videos gives the general idea of the topics, but this guy throws some of his opinions about various factors (like say some X ratio should above Y value etc etc). Though I don't know the validity of those yet, but I am keeping note of those and will compare with what others say on similar lines.
His points are very valid. Thing is very few are keen on investing in their teens and early 20s. Heck people hardly start working at that age .. even if they do they are hell bent on buying new phones and gadgets. Whatever it is the take home is to start asap at any age.

1 bitcoin is $38085.27 today, so you still have chance considering how pricey it was earlier :)
Or it may fall to $1k like in 2018 and you shall have a bigger regret.
I bought more Ada and matic, wasted 10$ on Shibu lol. Will hold ada and matic for at least 3 years. Any others who invest in crypto?
I did in 2017, then stopped. Today, started shorting all the coins in the morning anticipating a huge crash. But then I set a stop limit just below my purchase price to ensure I did not lose any money. Guess what, the fluctuations ensured that the stop limit was hit, so I didn't really make anything apart from 2-3%. Really stupid trying to time this market. Best to let it settle after a huge crash.

I did in 2017, then stopped. Today, started shorting all the coins in the morning anticipating a huge crash. But then I set a stop limit just below my purchase price to ensure I did not lose any money. Guess what, the fluctuations ensured that the stop limit was hit, so I didn't really make anything apart from 2-3%. Really stupid trying to time this market. Best to let it settle after a huge crash.
I don't think it's gonna be a huge crash but we'll never know. Will buy more if it dips badly, didn't wanna miss this dip so added some.

I don't think it's gonna be a huge crash but we'll never know. Will buy more if it dips badly, didn't wanna miss this dip so added some.
Certainly dipping a lot more now. I lost 10-15% twice yesterday by shorting MATIC, something I realised you shouldn't do in the middle of a pump and dump. At least I made some money by shorting XRP at 1.67, but overall not much of a profit.

Back