What Investment mistakes you made that you want others to avoid?

Certainly dipping a lot more now. I lost 10-15% twice yesterday by shorting MATIC, something I realised you shouldn't do in the middle of a pump and dump. At least I made some money by shorting XRP at 1.67, but overall not much of a profit.
Ya I'm not in to trading cryptos too much volatility, just invested some small amounts in many good/shit coins, will forget about it for few years.

@t3chg33k will not call any harshly volatile cryptos as investments. They are methods or tools to gamble.

Wondering about SilverCoin, Silverlink, SilverToken, Tether Gold (XAUT), PAX Gold (PAXG), DigixGlobal (DGX), Gold Coin (GLC), etc. which are based on physical silver /price or similar cryptos which are managed by tad trustworthy folks.

Last edited:
@t3chg33k will not call any harshly volatile cryptos as investments. They are methods or tools to gamble.

Wondering about SilverCoin, Silverlink, SilverToken, etc. which are based on physical silver /price or similar cryptos which are managed by tad trustworthy folks.
That's true. Can't imagine anything tangible swinging 20% either way in a matter of minutes. It is compounded by the fact that all of these decentralised currencies are largely centralised in terms of control by few whales. At the end of the day, every retail investor is a puppet, just that sometimes you may be on the same stage as the puppet master and gain from it.

The problem with any asset based coin is that it will not be as volatile which is what a currency should be, but then it wouldn't appeal to the traders/gamblers. Every purchaser of a coin speaks of its virtues, but at the end of the day, they just want it to go up in one of the pumps so that they can make money of it. Well, that's the game you have to play if you want to be in it.

Last edited:
I haven't invested much but regret not having enough money to buy the dip.

Down almost 40% last time I was able to check. Would appreciate if WazirX allowed me to watch my money burning live.

What do you guys think about this ?

E1whM5vWEAIZFZd.jpeg

PS - I made a thread for cryptos here but it's not active . Been seeing discussions happening in couple different threads

Would love to read the full thread, do share it's link if you can.

Like I said, it's not very active so not much to read

Like I said, it's not very active so not much to read
No no I meant the screenshot you shared above where people were talking about the dump

Back