What Investment mistakes you made that you want others to avoid?

Have you guys tried investing in non-banking FDs like Sriram transport? they seem to have relatively high interest rates. The popular notion is that it's risky (which is logical) but it looks like that company has been around a while.

Have you guys tried investing in non-banking FDs like Sriram transport? they seem to have relatively high interest rates. The popular notion is that it's risky (which is logical) but it looks like that company has been around a while.
DIGC insurance is a joke. First 5 lacs in today's world is very less. Second customers will be paid back in 90 days is not true. It takes atleast 10 years if their intentions are good.
Coming to your question that it has been around a while, you can park some money in different nbfc's. Do consider bajaj finance. Also look for corporate bonds.

You need to select the NBFC carefully. HDFC, Sundaram Finance, Bajaj Finance, etc., are as big & as safe as banks.

My biggest investment mistakes were:
Keeping a huge amount on credit basis (suggested by my father-in-law, who now denies to take responsibility of same)
Dalal assured complete payback last year end.. but just 5% received.. he is now reluctant to pay credit interest. (we are waiting for principle atleast)

Bought 4+ flats in Boisar 10+ years ago as a port was coming (again suggested by my father-in-law)
(Value of this flats were like 10 lakh 10 years ago and still same..

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Apne hi admi ne CHUNA LAGAYA !!! will release his details on INTERNET soon.

There are other sites in the market which provide weekly interest also. Have u checked on them?
Like?
My biggest investment mistakes were:
Keeping a huge amount on credit basis (suggested by my father-in-law, who now denies to take responsibility of same)
Dalal assured complete payback last year end.. but just 5% received.. he is now reluctant to pay credit interest. (we are waiting for principle atleast)

Bought 4+ flats in Boisar 10+ years ago as a port was coming (again suggested by my father-in-law)
(Value of this flats were like 10 lakh 10 years ago and still same..

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Apne hi admi ne CHUNA LAGAYA !!! will release his details on INTERNET soon.
Your family get together's would be so weird.
If you don't mind can you share more details about the credit basis and flats thing, if you don't mind?

will release his details on INTERNET soon

Of your father in law? Bhabhi ji TE to nahi chalate?

Like?

If you don't mind can you share more details about the credit basis and flats thing, if you don't mind?

Your join date is July 2020. ?
Mistakes on investment is this topic about,,

Anyhow mistakes happen..
But trust on most nearest is a TERRIBLE mistake. LIKE THIS TOPIC TALKS ABOUT.
Do no trust your nearest as well.. They cheat and build an empire !!

Edit: Dont need this website to mention RESPOSIBILITY or FRAUD done..
Like?

Credit basis is linear what wroks in industry 15 to 18% white or black (not sharing much here).
We lost entire principle here. making my fatther-in-law a BIGGEST FRAUD.

do not trust !!!!!!!

Last edited:

Anyhow mistakes happen..

Credit basis is linear what wroks in industry 15 to 18% white or black (not sharing much here).

do not trust !!!!!!!
Can you share what did he invest in? or any insight without sharing sensitive info:)

Anyhow mistakes happen..

do not trust !!!!!!!
Anyhow mistakes happen..

Joining date matters because?
Agree about the rest.

do not trust !!!!!!!

I know how this works, actually the people in this industry, both genuine or scamsters, have evolved so much and have bought forward new "schemes"

Can you share some good resources? I’d like to learn more to help me in the future.
Ankur Warikoo is making some good strides on Youtube about financial education, he also recommends a good amount of books to learn from, and then there is a treasure trove of audio books for the multitaskers, I usually listen to summaries when I am walking for about 100 minutes.

Need an advice for a friend, 32 M. Had a arotic valve replacement surgery last year for a congenital disease for which he came to know about last year only. He had no health insurance. Now he asked many companies/agents about the health/term insurance. Almost 80% of them said that no company will insure him. The rest said that some companies have health plans specially for people with cardiac issues, whether it will cover the patients who have had surgery done or not they had no idea about this neither does the customer care. The waiting time will also be like 2 times more than a normal person and the premium is also like 2.5-5x more.

Now there are high chances of claim rejection, if God forbids there is any, in the future as there is no clarity about this anywhere. Anyone having any idea about this? He has inquired like 100's of websites/agents both online and offline in the past month or so.

P.S. He works in a local organization which is not providing any health insurance.

@Ankit2306 @tech.monk @Rockfella @raksrules @nRiTeCh @nimod @booo

Last edited:
Back