What Is Red Mercury?

KrishT

Disciple
I have this really old radio and people keep asking me photos of its motherboard for red mercury.

I haven't opened it yet...

Is this another clever scam???

Help!

1598182401147.png

1598182423064.png

1598182480698.png

On purpose I haven't posted the original links... you may google further!

Now if you sell this to anyone with criminal or mad scientist mentality beware the cops will on your lookout for any suspected terror activity or even a minor blat etc.

I too have an old crt but not sure if it contains any red mercury thing, hopefully doesn't as it wont fetch me more than 500 bucks but if someone is ready to offer me handsome sum of money then I might consider it albeit signing some legal document stating the sole purpose of the purchase and its intended use after sell & my zero liability thereafter...

@nRiTeCh I really don't know how to react to this... I wish I were asking you about phones or something. Eh, I'm having a bad day already.

I don't want trouble. Should I just chuck the stupid radio?

Here you go :D

Jeez, when you said old radio, i thought really old. This thing is probably all transistors, no chance of a vacuum tube.

Red Mercury is a hoax. The scam seems to have resurged as people seem to be desperate for money due to covid and lockdowns.

When i was very young we had an ancient room thermometer with a red liquid (dyed alcohol). For a long time i thought Mercury was red in colour... :angelic:

we had a tv set which contained many vacuum tubes. Some 16-18. It was texla brand.

I remember very clearly that none of them were red.

I often used to look inside the tv box through vent holes for long time wondering about those lights.

Back