What is the best Antivirus For Home Use ?

Been using kaspersky for 12+ years and it works best, no resources hogging. Currently using KTS which cost Rs. 1000~1200 for 3 years where i use on my pc, mac and it offers other features like parental control, password manager ( which i dont use cause im using 1password) and 300mb daily free on vpn. Its bang for money.

to be honest I have not used an Antivirus since last 5 years as Windows inbuilt defender does the job very well..
just make sure u are not browsing websites which could inject malwares, or use Brave browser which has its source from Chrome

Bitdefender is the cheapest but if you are willing to spend more get avast and if you don't want to spend anything get zone alarm free antivirus Plus firewall.

Have been using BitDefender for past 5-6 years now and happy with it.
Actually 8 years now since 2013.
Bitdefender is the cheapest but if you are willing to spend more get avast and if you don't want to spend anything get zone alarm free antivirus Plus firewall.

My sub expires in 90 days and went to check. They are offering 55% discount using code 'beat55'. That is pretty good value. Can renew my Family pack (15 devices) for 3 years for 4500!

Bought it. Have it installed on all my mobiles and pcs.

to be honest I have not used an Antivirus since last 5 years as Windows inbuilt defender does the job very well..
just make sure u are not browsing websites which could inject malwares, or use Brave browser which has its source from Chrome
Same here. No issues so far.

Seriously, still cannot understand why people want to use anything other than Windows Defender. If you end up getting a 0-day exploit from a website or ransomware, then no AV will protect you anyway. Also, AV like Kaspersky have been found to instead present another attack vector as they have low-level system access and the more sophiscated malware target the AV itself.

They will still catch the most obvious and prevalent threats though but the best protection is common sense. Anyway, you can refer to AV-Comparitives if you want some reference.

Seriously, still cannot understand why people want to use anything other than Windows Defender. If you end up getting a 0-day exploit from a website or ransomware, then no AV will protect you anyway.
yea but he forgot to mention this :
As a matter of fact I know a little bit as to how to keep the pc running safely however my kids use it and my wife , who are not that tech savvy , so considering all those points I have to come down to a conclusion. Hope you guys get it .

Fair enough, but then the most prominent ones will be caught by Windows Defender as well since the virus definitions are now nearly identical for all products.

There might only be a few cases where the heuristics of one product is better than the other and you can even see it in AV comparisons where one product performs better than the other depending on the test. In short, there is not much value addition for the amount invested in a 3rd party product.

May be the jazzy screens make people feel better compared to
Defender being completely in the background.

Back