What is your Jio Fiber speed right now?

Pimpom

Disciple
I've been using Jio Fiber for almost two years now and my experience has been generally good. Connection is practically never down but there are times when the speed is significantly lower than normal. These slow times used to be quite rare and of short duration - something like an hour once in a few months. I test the speed quite often with fast.com and, as an estimate, I'd say that my 100 Mbps connection runs at 93-98 Mbps 99.9% of the time.

However, it has got worse in recent months. The slow periods are more frequent and last longer, occurring perhaps once in a few weeks and sometimes lasting for some hours. Right now I'm experiencing the worst ever episode. The speed has been fluctuating between 100 Kbps and 5 Mbps for more than 24 hours. I asked around and everyone in my area is seeing the same thing.

I'm wondering if this is local or nation-wide. It will be helpful to learn what other Jio Fiber subscribers are experiencing right now in various parts of the country. Please share.

Thanks, I'll see if I can contact their helpline tomorrow. According to their website, it's not a 24/7 service and experience tells me that their email support is not very helpful. Blistering barnacles!!

Thanks for your input, XBalboa. Despite the current problem I'm having with my connection, I'm not yet ready to direct any serious criticism towards Jio. My reason for starting this thread is to have an idea if the problem is localized or widespread, possibly due to economic or manpower problems caused by the pandemic.
_______________________________________________________________________________________

Ah, checked my speed again just now and it's back to a steady 96 Mbps. Let's hope it stays that way.
The slow period lasted about 36 hours - the longest by far since I started using Jio Fiber since September 2019. In fact, it's longer than all the previous periods combined.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Just got up and tested my speed. It's down below 1 Mbps again.

Last edited:
Anyone facing issue with Jio & Zoom video calls? It is the only application that seems to be lagging for 1-2 weeks now (on multiple devices). Have a 150mbps plan

Seems to be an issue wrt zoom alone. Some users are also facing issues with zoom on Jio. Try with cloudflare warp vpn as a temporary measure until Jio sorts out this issue.

Using Jio since 8 months and have faced 2 downtimes only. But yes I agree there was some time in between where there were some random lags like Reddit would load very slow, insta msgs won't go, whatsapp won't download images, etc.

That's all I've faced.

I am planning to get Jio Fiber 399 as a backup. I have a spectra 1 Gbps unlimited.

What is the initial cost (installation/router/security, etc)?

I believe it is prepaid, so after using it a month, I plan not to charge it unless my primary ISP spectra is down.

If Spectra is down I can recharge and use it.

Do, I need to recharge it for 399+GST or I can recharge it for Rs.100 and use it for a few days?

I am planning to get Jio Fiber 399 as a backup. I have a spectra 1 Gbps unlimited.

I believe it is prepaid, so after using it a month, I plan not to charge it unless my primary ISP spectra is down.

If Spectra is down I can recharge and use it.

Do, I need to recharge it for 399+GST or I can recharge it for Rs.100 and use it for a few days?
Bit offtopic
Do you plan on using these connections with a load balancer or will be manually switching over when one fails?

Manually.

Need a wifi (only) backup for a single laptop.
If you're planning to switch over manually, then recharge for the 199 weekly plan when your Spectra connection goes down.
199 + GST for a week.
No installation charges. 2500 or 1500 refundable deposit depending on whether you take the STB or not.

199 + GST for a week.

No installation charges. 2500 or 1500 refundable deposit depending on whether you take the STB or not.
Thanks.

Jio STB works with 199/399 plan or even without recharging (If I use my own username/password for apps)?

Jio STB works with 199/399 plan or even without recharging (If I use my own username/password for apps)?
Don't know about the current scenario as I am not on JioFiber now. But it used to work on 199 plan too.
It won't work on non Jio network and without recharging.
Though I've heard that people have now modded the Jio STB and are running custom ROM on it.

Back