Audio What is your primary music listening headphone / earphone?

@greenhorn , if you have one of those 3m earplugs, you can cut a thin (half mm) section from it and cut it to size for the inside of the MI ear buds. Keep some tiny space for air to travel. It will reduce the treble and increase bass too.

I'm searching for big enough foam sheet for my superlux headphones. Right now, I've stuffed it with 1cm thick pillow stuffing to reduce treble.

@greenhorn , if you have one of those 3m earplugs, you can cut a thin (half mm) section from it and cut it to size for the inside of the MI ear buds. Keep some tiny space for air to travel. It will reduce the treble and increase bass too.

I'm searching for big enough foam sheet for my superlux headphones. Right now, I've stuffed it with 1cm thick pillow stuffing to reduce treble.
I found an easier fix for it.
I had a vintage hardware eq lying around. Plugged it in, dropped 13khz to the lowest, and bumped up 50hz a little bit, and the headphone is back in business. I'm using it to listen to a CD player while in bed, so have added brainwavz xl pads, a coiled cable and it runs through an SMSL SD 798 and an M Audio bass traveler.

Attachments

• IMG_20191222_181454463.jpg
    IMG_20191222_181454463.jpg
    156.6 KB · Views: 177

haha great experiment bro

How about a good music player for andriod ?
I use poweramp and in my K20, if I turn on hi-fi , it makes the sound lower and worse.

I usually listen to music on my monitors and sometimes I use E10 and M40X for gaming. Most of the times the monitors.

air pods pro. the most comfortable in ear i ever had. also i like the new spatial sound that came recently.

for home hd 6xx on fulla schit. previously in office ath m50. have m60 now but they are not as comfortable.

hd 598 before 6xx at home. also very comfortable.

air pods pro. the most comfortable in ear i ever had. also i like the new spatial sound that came recently.

for home hd 6xx on fulla schit. previously in office ath m50. have m60 now but they are not as comfortable.

hd 598 before 6xx at home. also very comfortable.

Consider trying these. Can really change user experience.

I'm using
Aune X1s pro and Asus essence STX with my old favourite audio technica ATH-A700X with brainwavz XL pleather earpads.
today only replaced these pleather earpads with Brainwavz XL micro suede (I really like micro suede than any other pleather, velour or sheepskin)
also using Fiio F9 pro with this Aune X1s pro.

Always used sony for my music needs but currently changed it to noise as I wanted to use total wireless and I got it for cheap and it was not dissapointing.
For gaming - Razer Man'o war 7.1 surround
For normal - Noise Shoots TWS

What's noise!!? Some brand? Presently I'm just on a Fiio M3 Pro and Sennheiser IE40.
Theoretically a huuuge downgrade...massive downgrade!!
But not missing much in practice..pretty happy with the SQ. Often using the PXC 550 II with phones...now that's a downgrade!!

Last edited:
What's noise!!? Some brand? Presently I'm just on a Fiio M3 Pro and Sennheiser IE40.
Theoretically a huuuge downgrade...massive downgrade!!
But not missing much in practice..pretty happy with the SQ. Often using the PXC 550 II with phones...now that's a downgrade!!
Probably a brand lol

What a name for an headphone manufacturer!! Noise!! Is it from India? India seems to have lot of new headphone manufacturers..Boats/ Noise..something like Tag or similar...are they any good? Very reasonably priced...still have this bad habit of browsing Amazon India for good deals on headphones...once you're born and raised in that wonderful and strange country, it's so damn difficult to cut all emotional ties.
I have become regular in this forum again mostly for that emotional cravings for India...thank you guys...you are literally now my only connection with India ( deepest in my core I possibly still believe it's the best country in the world despite all the problems....yes, I ranted a lot about all the issues and will probably never visit again but that's due to wife and kid's skin colour related safety issues, but people like Karl, Carolina etc. have reached us personally and gave assurance and suggested where we can live in peace, I really want to spend my last few years back home...smell the soil after rain there...it's completely different here... something is missing...sorry for going completely off topic.. really sorry...back to audio gear...

What a name for an headphone manufacturer!! Noise!! Is it from India? India seems to have lot of new headphone manufacturers..Boats/ Noise..something like Tag or similar...are they any good? Very reasonably priced...still have this bad habit of browsing Amazon India for good deals on headphones...once you're born and raised in that wonderful and strange country, it's so damn difficult to cut all emotional ties.
I have become regular in this forum again mostly for that emotional cravings for India...thank you guys...you are literally now my only connection with India ( deepest in my core I possibly still believe it's the best country in the world despite all the problems....yes, I ranted a lot about all the issues and will probably never visit again but that's due to wife and kid's skin colour related safety issues, but people like Karl, Carolina etc. have reached us personally and gave assurance and suggested where we can live in peace, I really want to spend my last few years back home...smell the soil after rain there...it's completely different here... something is missing...sorry for going completely off topic.. really sorry...back to audio gear...
They are not good. They promote themselves on amazon aggressively + I can't take a brand seriously if they name themselves NOISE.

Last edited:
What is the single most used personal music listening wired / bluetooth headphone / earphone you use and recommend others as well? You may be using it for the convenience it offers or it can be it's stellar sound quality or both.
Just list down yours and also the reasoning.
Lets see what TE folks use.

Starting with me, I full time use the LG HBS A100 Neckband design Bluetooth Earphones. I love the neckband design due to the sheer convenience it offers and sound quality in my opinion Is pretty good. I anyways use it to watch TV shows on my tablet most of the time. One huge plus (which is use rarely) is the inbuilt small speakers this has. It is like personal speaker near your ears and is a great way for me to watch TV In bedroom when kids are asleep.
For years now, I've been using Sennheiser's earphones to listen to music and I'm very impressed with their sound quality. I listen to some of my favourite songs using these earphones and the experience is incredible. They are very durable and long-lasting as well. I was living in a coastal state in India which gets heavy rains. My earphones got wet on a number of occasions but nothing really happened to them. I'm still using Sennheiser's earphones two years after buying them.

Sennheiser is a very reliable brand. Even their 20EUR IEMs sold in airports comes with 2 year warranty, which they actually honour. Their replacement program is awesome. Pretty much every time you will get a new sealed product .
However repair outside warranty can get expensive. But they usually give a good discount and 12 months interest free EMI if you opt to buy a new one instead of repair.

Sony wh-1000xm3. Decent as far as bluetooth headphones go, superb noise cancellation, comfort and battery life.
Oneplus wireless bullets while running and exercising because of the snug fit, good battery life and water resistant for a good price.
In the past I've had Audio Technica ATH-M40x and a pair of Noontec Zoro HD.

Back