PC Peripherals What keyboard to buy?

Hi all,
I want to buy a nice external keyboard for my MacBook Pro connected to an external monitor.
I want it to work wired & wireless to type and play some games on both windows and Mac.
Want it to be fun to click/type but also easy on the fingers (not needing too much effort to press the keys)
Looking for a mechanical one but not sure which one to buy as I have never used an external good keyboard.
Any recommendations are appreciated.
Budget <7k inr.

Thanks in advance.

I would suggest you look at keychron's lineup. Specifically the K8 line. It's a low profile keyboard (with no angle adjustment) so if you're comfortable with the apple magic keyboard, this would be my recommendation for the closest mechanical and wireless version of it. It also comes with keycaps for mac(command/option) and windows so you can swap those out as well.

For keys- as others have suggested, if you want it to be the least effort, I would go with the "Red" switch type. If you want a bit of tactility, browns would be preferable.

Personally been using a k8 tkl for over 7 months now. Very satisfied with it.

Hi all,
I want to buy a nice external keyboard for my MacBook Pro connected to an external monitor.
I want it to work wired & wireless to type and play some games on both windows and Mac.
Want it to be fun to click/type but also easy on the fingers (not needing too much effort to press the keys)
Looking for a mechanical one but not sure which one to buy as I have never used an external good keyboard.
Any recommendations are appreciated.
Budget <7k inr.

Thanks in advance.
Close your eyes and get the Keychron K2 V2 or K8. I am using the K2 V2 with MacBook Pro and Windows. Is brilliant. Make sure you get the brown keys or red keys variant, with backlighting. Do not buy from Amazon. The buyers there are scalpers. Place order from Keychron India site. Gets delivered the next day if you are in a bit city and you order before 12pm.

As you're on Mac go with keychron K2 V2. Keychron keyboards natively support Mac OS. As you're gonna type alot I'd suggest go with Brown switches they'll give you a bit of tactile feedback and they won't actuate too easily like red switches but if you want linear switch definitely go with red switches.

I want to go for the compact ones 60-65% layout. Keychron ones costs 7-8k, there are few ones on amazon for 2-3k too, is it worth a buy to get started. Kinda skeptical to spend 8k and what if I don't like the feel of it?
https://www.amazon.in/Ant-Esports-M...=1652428437&sprefix=60+ke,aps,182&sr=8-3&th=1
https://www.amazon.in/Redragon-K630...&rnid=1318475031&sprefix=60+ke,aps,182&sr=8-9
https://www.thecosmicbyte.com/gamin...-with-outemu-blue-switches-and-software-black

Any of these good for that price of better to just spend 7-8k and get keychron itself?

None of these are wireless though. Wasn't that one of your requirements? The keyboards you've mentioned are fine to get started with if you just want to try out mechanical keyboards, though. It's because you mentioned you wanted something that is mac/windows compatible + wireless that everyone has been suggesting the keychron.

dont get the amazon ones they are pretty bad trust me i have used the mk1200 and it died twice in just a year finally got rid of it.

ok thanks guy. guess will buy the compact keychron one. Any way I can try out how 3 different keys feel before buying?

Not sure which switches the Keychron uses but colored keys across brands generally have 85-90% similar characteristics.

ok thanks guy. guess will buy the compact keychron one. Any way I can try out how 3 different keys feel before buying?
Get the Gateron switch tester unit. Keychron uses gateron switches. These can be compared to cherry MX but there could be massive difference when compared to switches from china like those used on cheap keyboards.

Back