What kind of madman eats a dog!

undertaker

Skilled
Just watched a show(taboo) on Nat-Geo where Africans raised a dog till he was 4 years old,then brutally killed with a stick and ate it! (ostenibly to please spirits!!!!):O
Pure sickening stuff.I wonder why they didn't get censored for this show,esp. in pooch-loving countries like US and UK.
Even the koreans don't befriend the dogs they eat(which in no way lessens the crime).
I am sure many here have pet dogs and this was really really sickening. :mad:
Spoilt my night.
PS:Even a poacher's killing of an endangered tiger pales in comparison with this savagery coz atleast the idiot is doing it for the money.Africa really is a dark continent.

As the proud owner of two spoilt wolfdogs,I think such stuff should be banned.In fact considering that high conc. of pooch-lovers in this country,this stuff has as much reason to be banned as late night russian **** shows.
Not for nothing is the dog 'honorary human'.

why is it ok to eat chicken and not dogs?
Agreed, cruelty should be avoided.
And perhaps tigers should not be eaten due to their endangered status.
But on what basis is this suddenly so sickening? People in India sacrifice goats at times. Why should we not ban that?

Can a chicken willingly proctect you and our home?For that matter can a goat or a cow?
Will u get a loyal chicken,who'll take a bullet for you(as police dogs do in countries around the world)?
And has any other animal been called 'honorary human'?

but at the end of the day, its just an animal.

But i am with ya.. i had seen the program some time back and i cudnt stand (actually sit) n watch it.. i did the best thing i cud do.. swtich channels :)

hey I agree with you there UT, even I owned two spoilt pampered GSDs (one of em died last year :( ) and I can in no way accept this savagery. Just reading about this spoilt my night.

I am a vegetarian by choice.But u can't compare the killing of a farm chicken to the cruel slaughter of a dog by the same person who raised it for 4 years.Thats INSANE.
BTW,if higher intelligence makes killing animals a greater crime,surely killing a dog is very heinous.A dog may be no chimp but it aint no goat either.

archish said:
hey even pathetic is this: People in Taiwan eat Dead babies. I had the ppt slides dunno where its now
Do they kill them to eat them ,I guess not.Even though the point is moot and involves delving into the area of expertise of Dr. Lecter. :eek:hyeah:
Many cultures involved consuming body parts of dead people.
Its not the act of eating a dog thats so offensive,I don't think I would be offended to the same extent(as would many people I am sure)if they ate the dog after it died naturally.
Its sickening to cruelly kill an animal that shows u complete devotion to please a
spirit.I guess u can only please Satan this way. :mad:

Hey was it to please the spirit? I thot the teenage boys did that to show their bravery/courage n maturity.. i mean if the boy cud kill the dog which he has loved n brought up for 4 years, then he has grown up.. or atleast that was the whole n sole purpose of the ritual..

May be, I was transfixed,u probably heard it better.If killing a helpless animal makes one a man,I would prefer they rather stay boys or even cut off their-u know what -and become eunuchs.
That may sound extreme but thats what any dog owner will say after watching that terrible show.

lol.. well .. different ppl.. different rituals.. there was this program, again about Africa where a boy's coming of age had to be proved by making him insert his arm into a anthill of red ants! He had to leave his arm inside for a few minutes. then everyone wud gather n eat those ants too..

u people what u say

on one hand u say you respect all cultures and religions, and then you turn around and post something like that

even you eat chicken and fish and goats and cows and in US they eat veal

you just like it cos u dont have to do the dirty work, well guess wat, people in africa aint so rich, so they have to do their own killing, big deal

who are you to say anything about killing an animal or whatever. when u eat meat even when there are alternatives available.

:hap5: dont do that, if you dont belive in it fine.

sunnydiv said:
u people what u say

on one hand u say you respect all cultures and religions, and then you turn around and post something like that

even you eat chicken and fish and goats and cows and in US they eat veal

you just like it cos u dont have to do the dirty work, well guess wat, people in africa aint so rich, so they have to do their own killing, big deal

who are you to say anything about killing an animal or whatever. when u eat meat even when there are alternatives available.

:hap5: dont do that, if you dont belive in it fine.

U don't know what u r talking about.

undertaker said:
Do they kill them to eat them ,I guess not.Even though the point is moot and involves delving into the area of expertise of Dr. Lecter. :eek:hyeah:
Many cultures involved consuming body parts of dead people.
Its not the act of eating a dog thats so offensive,I don't think I would be offended to the same extent(as would many people I am sure)if they ate the dog after it died naturally.
Its sickening to cruelly kill an animal that shows u complete devotion to please a
spirit.I guess u can only please Satan this way. :mad:

they eat dead babies. Its very sick. I lost those slides

undertaker said:
Can a chicken willingly proctect you and our home?For that matter can a goat or a cow?
Will u get a loyal chicken,who'll take a bullet for you(as police dogs do in countries around the world)?
And has any other animal been called 'honorary human'?
So the prime criteria for not devouring something immediately is it should be useful to you in someway while alive?

http://www.bonsaikitten.com/bkmethod.html

babies are differnt issue, we are only talking of a dog here

here is what you need to remember

dog != human

no matter what happens. dont talk about loyalty, dont always about bulets, cos there are so many arguemtns, that it will fill the entire forum.

if you wannt to save dog, save chicken first

sunnydiv said:

expressing my opinions (as in discussing it) about something doesnt mean i do not respect other religions/culture. Check my posts. I have never said anything that cud incite anger among others.. So dont generalise ur statements..

peace.

Back