Audio What next ? upgrading from PL11 ??

amd3000

Disciple
hey gurus!! I need your help, i want to ask which iEM is good if you are upgrading from PL11, which i liked as i was upgrading from sony and samsung stock ( my gf took it from me ). Tried my friends PL21 but didnt liked them in compare to PL11. Please suggest something if i am upgrading from PL11 ( between 500-1k )or shall i go for PL11 again..
Have searched on the forum but didnt get any thread which can tell me what to do for ???
Pl Help

source will be my defy+ mixed content from 128-320 kbps music...no specific genere can be diff albums like linking park bollywud music n sometym gazals

JVC Marshmellow @550

Sennheiser CX180 @1300

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

amd3000 said:
Have searched on the forum but didnt get any thread which can tell me what to do for ???

You clearly haven't been looking. :)

i was :bleh: but just cant decide.... what to go for.. i mens is JVC mashmellow is good incompare to PL11.

sennhiser @ 1300.. u must be kidding !! :S any links... rediff is selling it from 1500 approx??

damm...is it an improvement from PL11, i am asking dis again n again bcoz i had PL11 i liked them alot.. but n though d ideal upgrade would be PL21 but when i checked them( a friend bought them 1 week back ) its was nowhere close to PL11 i used... sound was hollow.. i am no acoustic but si donno somthing was missing in them..just dono what:(

Increase your budget by 500 bucks and get the Brainwavz M1/ Pro Alpha if Prisitne Note is still selling them for the sale price of Rs.1575 instead of 2k retail price. They would be a huge upgrade from PL-11 in terms of clarity ,detailing etc . Bass will be lesser than PL-11 but more refined and with a punch .

^^ I remember sarath adviced me the same in different forum, and I was about to buy M1, coz I was desperate to replace my stock earbuds of Defy, and then I got the M2P and planning to go for M2 directly

PL11 -> Marshmallow isn't a great upgrade. I have had both and the Marshmallow just had stronger bass but almost everything else was far worser than the PL11. Having owned the EP630, PL11, Marshmallow (current) and now even the PL10 - I feel the PL11 was probably the best overall. If you need an upgrade over that then look for nothing less than the Brainwavz M1.

If not, buy the PL11 again.

I would say get brainwavz m1. Faheem suggested me the same. I had pl11 and pl30 before. Brainwavz m1 is much better than any IEM in that range. Bass is lower than pl11 but definitely precise. You will love it. :)

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk

M1 isn't an upgrade to pl11 because if you are looking for bass then better get something from meelectronics in this range,but if you are looking in overall then M1 is the best choice.

lll_aritra_lll said:
^^ I remember sarath adviced me the same in different forum, and I was about to buy M1, coz I was desperate to replace my stock earbuds of Defy, and then I got the M2P and planning to go for M2 directly

I guess I have been lobbying for the CX180 a lot :) They really sound good. But they have some quality issues. Just wrote to sennheiser and am awaiting a response.

I have both the CX180 and the M1. Both are really good although the CX180 seem warmer and more bassy.

RD274 said:
PL11 -> Marshmallow isn't a great upgrade. I have had both and the Marshmallow just had stronger bass but almost everything else was far worser than the PL11. Having owned the EP630, PL11, Marshmallow (current) and now even the PL10 - I feel the PL11 was probably the best overall. If you need an upgrade over that then look for nothing less than the Brainwavz M1.

If not, buy the PL11 again.

Thnx bro for writing, i do like PL11, n would not have thought of changing them hadn't my gf hijacked them from me (cnt defent again newtons gravitational pull :p so thought of changing from PL11.. so back to my query IS (low cost, n by low cost i mean anything less then 2.5k )sennheiser good or M1.
Rahulrulez said:
I would say get brainwavz m1. Faheem suggested me the same. I had pl11 and pl30 before. Brainwavz m1 is much better than any IEM in that range. Bass is lower than pl11 but definitely precise. You will love it. :)

Well ,Maybe that what i missed in PL21 that i have tested ( donno he burned them or not, i told him to burn them for atleast 9 hours ).
Nalin said:
M1 isn't an upgrade to pl11 because if you are looking for bass then better get something from meelectronics in this range,but if you are looking in overall then M1 is the best choice.
Sarath_ said:
I guess I have been lobbying for the CX180 a lot :) They really sound good. But they have some quality issues. Just wrote to sennheiser and am awaiting a response.

I have both the CX180 and the M1. Both are really good although the CX180 seem warmer and more bassy.

Thnx..bro..what quality issue u r talking about ? N did ya find it good on defy ( guess two defy owners searching for some quality awesomeness :eek:hyeah: btwn i am using them with PowerAmp.
lll_aritra_lll said:
Thats why I am thinking of going for N2+M2, driving M2 from my defy won't be overwhelming I guess

hmm.. how much the set gonna cost ?

Burning in for 9 hours wont do the job. You need to burn it in for atleast 100 hours to see some change. I prefer 100-130 with some wave patterns and then natural burn in :)

You cant compare pl21 with brainwavz m1. Even though the bass is somewhat low in m1, it is precise.. And you will love it.

amd3000 said:
hmm.. how much the set gonna cost ?

It depends, If you have time and can order from mp4nation directly (will take around 20 days) it will cost 2701.55, but,for warranty issue you need to ship it to them

But, if you wanna buy it from here, will cost around 3.6k, and warrenty will be covered up here, you still need to ship it to mumbai I guess

When I got M2P, I burned it with a loop of 12 min white noise, 12 min pink noise and 24 min brown noise and 2 min silence.. looseless flac file for around 36 hours and with normal mp3 music files for around 24 hours more

lll_aritra_lll said:
It depends, If you have time and can order from mp4nation directly (will take around 20 days) it will cost 2701.55, but,for warranty issue you need to ship it to them

But, if you wanna buy it from here, will cost around 3.6k, and warrenty will be covered up here, you still need to ship it to mumbai I guess

When I got M2P, I burned it with a loop of 12 min white noise, 12 min pink noise and 24 min brown noise and 2 min silence.. looseless flac file for around 36 hours and with normal mp3 music files for around 24 hours more

I am not sure i wanna spend <2k on Earphones, wanted to start bit by bit as wanted to enjoy the growth :), Thnx for letting me know.
Rahulrulez said:
Burning in for 9 hours wont do the job. You need to burn it in for atleast 100 hours to see some change. I prefer 100-130 with some wave patterns and then natural burn in :)

You cant compare pl21 with brainwavz m1. Even though the bass is somewhat low in m1, it is precise.. And you will love it.

Got that boss!! thnxku very much..

To all: The q remain the same IS it PL11 again? M1 ? or PL30 ? which is it ?

among those, M1 definitely. but i suggest if you are driving through mobile only, spending 1.6k for M1 may not be worth. my suggestion stick with pl11 or marshmallow

I would still say sennheiser cx180. Despite being cheaper than M1 they sound better.

I am in talks over email with sennheiser rep. Lets see what they have to say.

Sent from my LT15i using Tapatalk

Back