What product(s) did you buy with a YOLO (you only live once) mindset?

raksrules

Elite
What product(s) did you buy with a YOLO (you only live once) mindset? Asking this since usually saving is ingrained in our brains since childhood. We first save money and then spend. But amongst all these savings, we always have this itch to buy something we absolutely want and our brain tries to rationalize the purchase with the YOLO Mindset.

So what all products did you buy with the "You Only Live Once" Mindset? Do you regret or are happy and satisfied with the same?

Last edited:
My Sennheiser HD650. It wasn't that expensive considering I had bought things much expensive than that, but spending 25k on a headphone at that time was something that didn't come easy to me. Bought a 1TB SSD for 32k as well within a few months of that. That was a kind of YOLO moment as well. Both devices are still doing fine 7-8 years later today.

I bought a Zara jacket for 5000 when I was in college, my monthly allowance at that time was 6000 and I had to pay for food and rent from that too, so basically I saved about 1000 a month so 5000 was a lot for me back then. I used that jacket for 5 years and it was one the best purchases I have made.

More recently though I bought a Samsung Tab S7 FE just to read mangas, I would have been better off with a realme pad but I just YOLOed.

More recently though I bought a Samsung Tab S7 FE just to read mangas, I would have been better off with a realme pad but I just YOLOed.

Happening with me right now. I need to buy a device dedicatedly for watching tv shows while in company bus. But I am still doing WFH and have no idea when I will start office and my purpose can be solved using something cheaper like samsung tab A7 lite (12K or less) or even importing FireHD 8 would be cheaper (when on sale). But I am inching towards getting a 45K iPad Mini. Heart wants to get that and mind says WTF.
Ironically, already have 10.2 8th iPad.

that's not YOLO moment, that's called hoarding tech stuff. :laughing: .Your mind convincing you that you need a smaller iPad to watch movies which you're not sure you'll even do due to wfh situation.
I myself suffer from this. :banghead:
Yes that is why the purchase (iPad mini or whatever) has been put off until actual office starts (even partially). Till then I use my regular iPad at home for media consumption.

So I spent half of my first salary on the Sony Network Walkman Bean. This was an impulse purchase as I trialled it after I was completely taken in by the cute bean shaped player in a Sony showroom in Mumbai. My friend, who accompanied me, balked at the cost but the SQ was so good that I spent almost 30 mins listening to it and forgot he was even there !
This paired with my Creative EP-630 were a great companion those early years. The player supported MP3 but I painstakingly converted all my MP3s to the proprietary but better quality ATRAC format. Interestingly I learned later that this product was panned and declared DOA in several reviews and Sony soon stopped making them. I was not bothered since as the first ever gadget purchase with my own money this was my prized possession :)

For me it was iphone 5s. I didn't get it...cause broke. But damn, did that phone had a brick like feel to it. One of the greatest feeling devices in hand.
Only reason I could buy it was because of savings of last 6-7 months. I didn’t spend on anything else apart from necessities. But then too I had to think several times before pulling the trigger

Only reason I could buy it was because of savings of last 6-7 months. I didn’t spend on anything else apart from necessities. But then too I had to think several times before pulling the trigger
Hope it is living up to what you were expecting of it :) .I am still looking for the next 5s. With the amount of information available online though it'd be hard because I end up comparing too much.

Couple of years ago purchased the Dell XPS laptop variant with OLED screen, Core i9, 32 GB RAM, 1TB SSD and GTX 1650. It would have been a true YOLO if I purchased it at MRP, though I lucked on the price. However, I ended up getting rid of it a year later, realizing that a gaming laptop suits me better. Probably not a great purchase as I did not profit from the price either, having passed it on to an acquaintance at the same price.

Back