What screwdriver kit are you using?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Even i thought of the same. We Indian mostly roam bare foot inside out houses. So i think that we are already grounded most of the times. I have never used an ESD strap and don't know if it's even applicable for our case too.
That is why fabric conditioner is mostly a redundant product in India. There is no static cling issue. It never gets dry enough for long enough. Unless you live in Rajasthan.

You are definitely grounded when barefoot on a tile floor. I used to get a little shock from the side of the laptop when it was charging. In this country that is the danger.
But i have never had any static charge discharge related issue. But of course this can become an issue if your entire house is carpet covered and you are also using shoes inside the house.
Same. When i worked abroad. Touching any door handle after sitting on a chair for a while usually gave you a nice shock. You could also shock people for fun by touching them like shaking hands. In the winter it gets dry. People wear woollens, just rubbing around in a chair on a carpet was enough. Vinyl flooring works too :D

Got This a few months ago for 800. Nice for how cheap it is and it's got almost everything I need. The copper coating does come off with use but so far it's not very prone to chipping if used correctly.

Does it use lithium batteries or not ? The voltage would suggest that but then why do they show a picture with a cell in it?
I am guessing it uses cells only and does not have inbuilt battery. I don't see any charging cables included. Nonetheless I have asked them.

I am guessing it uses cells only and does not have inbuilt battery. I don't see any charging cables included. Nonetheless I have asked them.
Must have lithium batteries or it won't work very well.

I've moved to lamps with lithium batteries because the life of even NiMh isn't long enough. Imagine it will be even worse for a screwdriver.

1-1.jpg

Being an electronic junkie i can say that this is one of the best sets i have come across...after so many years of wear and tear there is no rusty parts nor the sharpness of the drive bits has been affected. Will recommend it to any hobbyist who wants a durable and quality set. Price mentioned on the product homepage is slightly higher...but you can get it at lower price on amazon or flipkart.

View attachment 151453

Being an electronic junkie i can say that this is one of the best sets i have come across...after so many years of wear and tear there is no rusty parts nor the sharpness of the drive bits has been affected. Will recommend it to any hobbyist who wants a durable and quality set. Price mentioned on the product homepage is slightly higher...but you can get it at lower price on amazon or flipkart.

does it have the T5 size - torx security version? The link shows Torx security of higher sizes only. I need T5-security, for my laptop.

If it's not the security version I want you to refund my purchase cost bruh.
I remember using T9 and T10 on XBOX one. I haven't used the T5 or lower. Thats why i cannot comment whether they are security bits or not.

I can refund via Tea / Coffee only. Lol.
If it's not the security version I want you to refund my purchase cost bruh.
UPDATE - Only the T7 is security bit. All other Torx are normal ones. I REPEAT THEY ARE NOT SECURITY ONES.

Attachments

• 16681718897555471237879572029669.jpg
    16681718897555471237879572029669.jpg
    217 KB · Views: 95
  • 16681719232881274094090268980432.jpg
    16681719232881274094090268980432.jpg
    284 KB · Views: 88
Last edited:
I remember using T9 and T10 on XBOX one. I haven't used the T5 or lower. Thats why i cannot comment whether they are security bits or not.

I can refund via Tea / Coffee only. Lol.

UPDATE - Only the T7 is security bit. All other Torx are normal ones. I REPEAT THEY ARE NOT SECURITY ONES.
thanks for the update! i find the T-security bits missing in most of the kits.

Righto

Torx securty means a head with a hole in it to take the stud that sticks out in the centre of the screw

Attachments

• T7 Torx security.jpg
    T7 Torx security.jpg
    282.4 KB · Views: 89
Anyone bought something like this? https://amzn.eu/d/8pbjhxJ

It checks all my reqs except durability is in question. Heck it even has silicon grip to probably avoid mild shocks.

View attachment 151453

Damn, this quad store sets are not available in Amazon. This one looks very useful.

Last edited:
Anyone bought something like this? https://amzn.eu/d/8pbjhxJ

It checks all my reqs except durability is in question. Heck it even has silicon grip to probably avoid mild shocks.

Damn, this quad store sets are not available in Amazon. This one looks very useful.

i found this.

Btw arent all these made by the same Chinese companies and marketed as different brands?
Or is there a legit brand we can trust and buy?

i found this.

Btw arent all these made by the same Chinese companies and marketed as different brands?
Or is there a legit brand we can trust and buy?
Well that's what I too thought. They have exact same pictures and same illustration. Yet few things like quad store ones are costly.
Searched in YouTube but they are all quad store ones only. Hence I doubted if this brand has better model.

Only people who bought them can say the reality.
I'll also have to try if local shops have any such items.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back